What do you have for breakfast? need ideas!

Options

Replies

• fittorow
    fittorow Posts: 28
    Options
    WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO EAT LESS BREAKFAST FOOD??...breakfast is the best meal of the day! :D I love breakfast foods. No saving calories for me, there. Look at my breakfast for today (5/13/2012), my food diary's unlocked... 635 calories and no regrets. ~yolo~
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I eat kashi go lean, or for mornings I'm pretty hungry 2 eggs, with green peppers, onions, and bacon, sometimes I substitute the bacon with just a little cheese. I also like making whole wheat banana pancakes or whole wheat waffles from scratch.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I usually make egg + egg white omelettes.

my favourite is smoked salmon and cream cheese, which is:

1 whole egg
    1/2 cup egg whites
    30g smoked salmon
    12g cream cheese
    1/4 lemon
    dill

yum!
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Half a wholewheat bagel generally.

I'm always in a rush in the mornings, so I share one with my Mum.

Lots of fiber, wholegrain goodness, and low in fat :)
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    non-fat greek yogurt (chobani), 1/2 c berries, sprinkled with truvia, topped with bran flakes.
  • munichmangler
    munichmangler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    150g of oats
    300ml of whole milk
    3 eggs
    50ml double cream.
    Cup of tea.

What ? OMG is that all in ONE breakfast?? That's 540 cals for the oats, 192 cals for the milk, 210 to 240 cals for the eggs (depending on their size), and 233 cals for the cream! That's a whopping 1175 to 1205 cals just for brekkie!!! If I had that, I'd have between 135 and 165 cals left for the rest of the day... :noway: yikes!!!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm an egg & toast girl. Gotta get me some protein in the mornings. I eat two yolky eggs (about 140 calories) on 2 pieces of orowheat light bread(80 calories). I usually have a glass of orange juice as well. With the orange juice it's 330.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I didn't read all of the responses, so I might be repeating. I always have one of the following - 4 egg whites, omelet style, with spinach (cook it a little first, diced tomatoes, and a little cheese and whatever herbs you like. If we have bacon, I sometimes chop a piece of that in there too. 2nd choice - smoothie with greek yogurt, ice, protein powder (can leave this out if you like and use more yogurt or add milk) and fruit. 3rd - I occasionally have just a greek yogurt with fruit mixed in. Most of the time it's either the omelet or the protein smoothie.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    This morning it was an Ozery bakery morning round bun...cranberry orange, with two tsp of Kir Royale jam. Ill probably have a little fruit too...haven't decided yet.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.

I <3 Leangains lol
  • lindandan
    lindandan Posts: 2
    Options
    I sautee mushrooms and onions and put them ina muffin pan. I put ina tablespoon of cottage cheese and a dashof hot sauce. I fill the pan 1/2 way with egg beaters and cook at 350 for about 30 minutes. I put two in a little container and I have breakfast for less than 100 calories for 6 days. I take them to work and heat them in the micro for 30 seconds. YUMMY I also have two hard boiled eggs about an hour later - 140 calories.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    150g of oats
    300ml of whole milk
    3 eggs
    50ml double cream.
    Cup of tea.

What ? OMG is that all in ONE breakfast?? That's 540 cals for the oats, 192 cals for the milk, 210 to 240 cals for the eggs (depending on their size), and 233 cals for the cream! That's a whopping 1175 to 1205 cals just for brekkie!!! If I had that, I'd have between 135 and 165 cals left for the rest of the day... :noway: yikes!!!

He's gaining. Totally different calorie profile lol
  • texasheathers
    texasheathers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake or scrambled egg with a slice of microwave bacon in a carb balance tortilla with salsa. Today it was breakfats in bed for Mother's Day and I had half of an English Muffin with eggs and some little sausages. I try to stay under 250 calories for breakfast.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Coconut and date porridge
  • mabriody
    mabriody Posts: 1
    Options
    A cup of yogurt + strawberries or other fruit. Around 200 calories.
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have a handful of almonds, about 23. Lots of protein and fiber and VERY quick!!!
    I'm trying to mix it up a little as well so now I'm having 1/2 a skinny bagel toasted then popped in the microwave with 1 slice of provolone cheese.
    It's actually less fat and calories with more protein and almost as much fiber.
    I never used to eat breakfast on a regular basis, so this is a lot for me!
  • Kreacher12
    Kreacher12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Two eggs over easy (fried with just a spray of cooking spray) and two sausage patties. Yes, it's a lot of calories, but low in carbs and high in protein.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Start your day with protein!!
  • esselltee1156
    esselltee1156 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i get up at 5 and dont get to eat again until around 1, so breakfast has to be good (i do eat little fruit or something around 9). my usual is 1/2 cup of grapenuts with just enough 2% milk to float 'em. but my son thinks i have a cow in the backyard so there is not always milk, so...two slices of toasted whole grain bread with a slice of cheese-no butter needed; the cheese is enough cause it melts a little on the warm toast...1/2 cup regular cottage cheese and fruit...couple of scrambled eggs...a 4 inch homemade pancake with 1 tbs natural nut butter (i love almond). before changing my way of eating, i never ate breakfast. or i would eat the entire above listed for "brunch".
  • emkelly27
    emkelly27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    this is what i have Crystal Lite - Energy Drink Mix - Grape, 1/2 packet 5 0 0 0
    Egg Beaters All Natural Egg Whites - Florentine - Mixed Vegetable Omelette, 1 cup 120 10 1 14
    This is great for breakfast for me. I'm addicted to my energy drink mix and the eggs are so healthy i can get it at walmart cheep! for me its a win win. ;)