200lbs down / more then halfway to goal / Pictures

Options

Replies

• CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! I can only imagine how much better your feet and joints feel now and how much better your entire being will feel as you get closer to goal!!! Rock on, Dude!! :drinker:
  • Kellyjo81
    Kellyjo81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Dear, So-not-the-enemy,
    40 pounds IS hard work. It's easy to be overwhelmed by a big number when it comes to goal weight and pounds lost. Do what I do, set small goals, then you can celebrate along the way. Keep us posted on your progress, you are such an inspiration!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That is great! keep on keepin' on!!!
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Rock on Howie! I love your outlook. I don't think it matters how you get your health on track... As long as you do it. You are a good motivator dude.
  • energy4life
    energy4life Posts: 63
    Options
    Way to go ! You keep going and don't give up! You are amazing and strong, you have great endurance and courage! Thank you for posting! You keep up the great work, congratulations!! :smile:
  • castroje
    castroje Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You have done an excellent job. I started just a few pounds below your current weight, so I know what it is to look like you do now, and I would encourage you to keep up with the great work. You will feel amazing after only 40 or 50 pounds more. You will not want to stop until you get the feeling that you have real control over your body. Congratulations!

19747159.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!! (and you look AMAZING btw!) =) Congrats on all your hard work!!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi Howie,

Congratulations on your loss(bet there's not a Hallmark card for that)! No matter how the fat came off it did and that is the point. I am 24 pounds down from a high weight of 324. I am having surgery on my Achilles in two weeks. Can't exercise but will still do the tracking. Keep on keepin' on...

There really should be a card for weight loss.
  • fithealth4me
    fithealth4me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!
  • tinadove1287
    tinadove1287 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job, Howie!!!!
  • randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You're not the enemy! You are AWESOME, and you're making excellent progress. Good for you! Be proud of your success, and don't sell yourself short. :)

^ this :)

you rock, dude.
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Amazing loss!! Congrats on the outstanding work!! :)
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    Just because you has surgery doesn't discredit you! Like you said, you worked damn hard for those 48 pounds!
    Congrats on your progress so far, if you keep it up you'll be at 200 before you know it.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Bumping for MORE PROGRESS!!

progsmall5.jpg
  • Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are not the enemy, you are a hero for having the strength and drive to change your life!

Well done you!!
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    First off, full disclosure, I'm the enemy. I didn't do the majority of this through diet and exercise.

I had gastric right after that first picture was taken. (They made me lose 25 lbs before they would even do the roux-en-y procedure, so my heaviest was 592). It is damn old. I managed with the gastric bypass to get down to about 430 and then because the procedure was done open I caught myself the hernia.

Bad one also, it was repaired, it tore again. Still have it. Will get it fixed once I get down another 70 lbs.

I joined mfp @ 415 lbs. I had figured it was as good as I was going to get in my life. After almost 600 lbs 415 wasn't horrible. Sure I couldn't fit into booths, sure little kids would run screaming from me. But I wasn't housebound anymore and I had a pretty damn good life.

I didn't join for health reasons, or to live better, or any really good reason. I did it because I have an amazing thing coming up in my life that will require me to fly to the other side of the country, and I wanted to lose enough weight to do that.

As of today I've lost 48 lbs on MFP in about 80 days. I've been able to do it because mostly the tracking ability, but also because I have a lot of people who have my back on here.

I'm at the point now where I'm walking over 2.5 miles, I'm exercising. I worked damn hard for those 48 lbs, and I'm thinking that 'fitting my fat *kitten* on an airplane' isn't where I want to end up. I'm thinking of a goal weight of 200. I'm thinking that getting out of obese is possible and doable, and I didn't even think that after the surgery.

Hi.

I'm Howie
    I'm Fat
    I had stomach surgery.
    I'm still 367 lbs.
    How the hell are you doing?

progress4.5.jpg

ANIMAL!!! ANIMAL!!! :laugh:
    Your shirt makes me smile :)
    And hell youre the type of person that shouldnt get **** about WLS, you needed the start. You took it. So damn good for you!

How am I doing? Hell, Im Char. Im fat. Im sick...but Im getting there! BOOYAH! :drinker:
  • clynch1968
    clynch1968 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great Job Howie!! You are awesome.
  • Brandie1558
    Options
    Holy cow Howie...you have lost a THIRD of yourself!! You should be so proud of your journey so far! You will get there...make sure you get a window seat on the plane so you can see how pretty everything is from the sky. :-)
  • edyta70
    edyta70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    doing good!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You, my friend, are 100% awesome! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story. <applause applause>

:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!