Getting hit on at the gym

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
So, I went to the pool today, and for the first time, got hit on at the gym.

Ladies, does this ever happen to you? I was kinda thrown off by it. Guys, do you get hit on a the gym? I mean, I look at most of the hot men in my weight section, but have never seen a woman hit on them.

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's a common thing, I hear about it quite often. I always stayed in the ladies section (as there was a men and ladies section, along with a shared area). So I couldn't tell you personally. But I've heard of friends getting hit on, or men talking about hitting on women at the gym. Apparently it's a good place to do that???
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have this problem, since you can't diet and exercise away ugly.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I'd say it's a common thing, I hear about it quite often. I always stayed in the ladies section (as there was a men and ladies section, along with a shared area). So I couldn't tell you personally. But I've heard of friends getting hit on, or men talking about hitting on women at the gym. Apparently it's a good place to do that???

I guess so. Maybe I just didn't notice or maybe there's more hotties around during the week than on Saturday. The guy who hit on me was sharing my lane with me. He was cute too, but I'm happily married. I just wasn't expecting it.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Attractive women get hit on everywhere.

If you don't want to get hit on at the gym, wear ear pieces.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Attractive women get hit on everywhere.

If you don't want to get hit on at the gym, wear ear pieces.

LOL I wasn't complaining, just found it an odd place to get hit on is all.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hit on em wherever you find em
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Watch the freeweights area closely. When a hot chick goes in there, the weight on all the barbells increases. It's hilarious.
  • vthetigercat
    Options
    Yeah, but only when I started really hitting the weights. I'm pretty sure it's just because I'm usually the only girl in the weights section, and I look more attractive in a group of big burly dudes.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Watch the freeweights area closely. When a hot chick goes in there, the weight on all the barbells increases. It's hilarious.

LOL I am so going to do this next time. Wait for the uber-hottie to walk in and start squatting and see what the guys do... SWEET!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

I feel your pain. I don't get hit on, either. :/
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

I feel your pain. I don't get hit on, either. :/

I'd hit on both of you if I weren't already married :wink:
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

^this. Made me lol. :P

My main problem is that I am a bit anti-social and walk around looking unapproachable. I have heard from multiple people that I look like a huge b*tch (can I swear on here?) if people haven't gotten to know me.

But yes, if you are attractive and/or have a nice body, people will hit on you *everywhere* :) Enjoy your hotness, mama!
  • db702
    db702 Posts: 2
    Options

You're not ugly! Don't be so hard on yourself :)
    And getting hit on isn't such a problem for me at the gym, but me and my friends get eyes up and stared at, which can be uncomfortable :p
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

^this. Made me lol. :P

My main problem is that I am a bit anti-social and walk around looking unapproachable. I have heard from multiple people that I look like a huge b*tch (can I swear on here?) if people haven't gotten to know me.

But yes, if you are attractive and/or have a nice body, people will hit on you *everywhere* :) Enjoy your hotness, mama!

LOL

It is flattering. I guess I'm just not used to it maybe? I also didn't wear my wedding ring today to the gym like I normally do. It's getting too big, and I don't want to lose it in the pool.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

^^ I agree with him. I chased to many parked cars. Kept smashing my face...lol :ohwell:
    I see the hotties at the gym and at work as well. Just don't have the nerve to hit on them.:blushing: :noway:
    I'm sure they're NOT at the gym to be hit on!! :flowerforyou:
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I go during seniors hour in the morning just to avoid it! LOL
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

^^ I agree with him. I chased to many parked cars. Kept smashing my face...lol :ohwell:
    I see the hotties at the gym and at work as well. Just don't have the nerve to hit on them.:blushing: :noway:

Just do what my uncle does and take that cute kid to the gym as "bait". My uncle does this at hooters with his little girl. Works every time.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When I was in a relationship I used to dread being hit on at the gym. That is not what I am there for. If I kept my headphones in no one would bother me generally. When I am single and things are a bit more open I will sometimes take my earbuds out.. But it has been quite a while since anyone has made a pass at me in that setting.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options
    When I was in a relationship I used to dread being hit on at the gym. That is not what I am there for. If I kept my headphones in no one would bother me generally. When I am single and things are a bit more open I will sometimes take my earbuds out.. But it has been quite a while since anyone has made a pass at me in that setting.

Why are they blind??
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options

Just do what my uncle does and take that cute kid to the gym as "bait". My uncle does this at hooters with his little girl. Works every time.

Note to self....get a mask and take baby to the gym...got it!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: