Getting hit on at the gym

Options

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I don't have this problem but the time of day I go, it's not very crowded and you have a lot of older (60+) folks aside from in the weights room. That aside I also go in old t-shirts that are baggy, baggy exercise pants, and my hair not exactly the best. Basically I literally roll out of bed, comb my hair, throw on my gym clothes and go.

Really the only time I get hit on is when I'm grocery shopping in Walmart. I had a guy probably 10 years my senior come after me one time with his two toddlers in tow. I'd rather some meathead from the weight room hit on me than guys like that, but the best I ever get from them is weight competitions because some of them get mad if a fat, short girl with a boy's haircut can lift more than they can and not grunt with each movement.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have this problem, since you can't diet and exercise away ugly.
    Haha, this! Plus, I exercise at home. I wouldn't be happy with people trying to chat with me for any reason while I'm trying to workout anyway.
  • momma_a
    momma_a Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I believe the answer to your problem lies within this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0

Good ole Jenna Marbles :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I believe the answer to your problem lies within this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0

Good ole Jenna Marbles :)

BWHWHAH!! She's awesome. That girl is hilarious.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I got hit on today, actually. I don't think it's a rarity. I know a lot of people would rather not be bothered during their workout, though. Myself included.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    No I never got hit on at the gym but I always have my earphones in and usually only talk to a certain group of guys. But I do get stared at when my shirt rides up from doing pullups or decline bench etc. Women are pretty bold these days and dont even seem to care that you see them staring, guys will usually be more discreet about it.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    The small town I live in is very well know for having a large lesbian population. So the chance of being hit on my a man is rather small.:wink::laugh:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I got hit on once at the swimming pool at the gym, but apart from that it never happens.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    One of my life goals is to get hit on at the gym.

It has never happened to me yet.

This makes me sad.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    LOL never. When I workout I'm focusing on that and am dripping with sweat by the end.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    One of my life goals is to get hit on at the gym.

It has never happened to me yet.

This makes me sad.

Agreed.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    i dont get hit on, wouldnt hit on either..

My opinion is the girls are there to put in the work and get fit! I'm not getting in their way..

if they wanted to hit on me, that's fine lol.

Havent seen it yet in my gym either luckily.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My gym is inside my house. Occasionally, my dog will come up and stare at me though. Does that count?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My gym is inside my house. Occasionally, my dog will come up and stare at me though. Does that count?

Only if he humps your leg.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I've been hit on in the gym when I looked like a drowned rat after swimming...that was odd. I usually get hit on in bars though...like last night. Try this for a fun story http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/595252-fun-story-about-my-exiting-evening-last-night
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    fuozds.jpg
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I rarely get hit on period.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    I rarely get hit on period.

YEAH OKKKK
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    guys speak to me and sometimes compliment my running, but I just think of it as being nice. Maybe I have happily married stamped on my forehead. :)
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    I used to get hit on all the time...until I fell off the treadmill. Repeatedly.