Getting hit on at the gym

Options

Replies

• hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    No, I don't get hit on at the gym. Or ever for that matter... although I get compliments online, that's about the closest to getting hit on I've experienced.

This is a crime.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't try to look at others and I dress, specifically, not to be looked at. I come in the most ragged gear I can find. I lift super heavy and outside of some deep breaths, I don't make a sound. A woman did put her arms around my waist once, but apparently it was because I was in the way of her curl bar (still unusual, as she could have just politely asked me to move, lol). I try to keep my profile as low as possible and don't particularly care for talking to anyone, especially if they're keeping me from getting my sets in a timely manner.

TL;DR NOPE :)
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    LOL I love some of these comments, you guys are hilarious. To the op though, I've been a member of the same gym for almost a year and never once been hit on. :( So sad. xD haha I'm too shy to even talk to anyone there anyway, besides, all that socialization would interfere with my routine. :P
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    No, I don't get hit on at the gym. Or ever for that matter... although I get compliments online, that's about the closest to getting hit on I've experienced.
    Hey, me too!

**kicks rocks**
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Talking to other patrons you didn't bring in as guests is very taboo at every gym I've gone to. Men simply *don't* approach women or vice versa, it is frowned upon and if someone says you were harassing them, you can get banned.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i get hit on 24/7 but turn everyone down :smokin:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I swear they like follow me around. It used to be fun (and I even met my boyfriend that way) but now it just annoys the crap out of me. I just want to work out in peace.

PLUS they tend to nag or pick on me and I can't stand that.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I swear they like follow me around. It used to be fun (and I even met my boyfriend that way) but now it just annoys the crap out of me. I just want to work out in peace.

PLUS they tend to nag or pick on me and I can't stand that.

I got picked on when I first starting going to the "man" section of the gym, but I am pretty sure it's because I'm not fitness model hot and had pathetic lifts.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks... But I am guessing they are just not interested which is ok too.. I am not the get dressed up and stay clean type of girl at the gym. I like to wear clothes that fit and work out until I'm soaking wet. That might have something to do with it.

trust me they aint even worth your time if they dont want to talk to you in that scenario!

HAHAHA Yeah I suppose so.
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    I got hit on twice at the gym, besides other ocasions in which guys start talking to me (but not necessarily flirting, if you know what I mean. Just talking about lifting and trying to fix my posture and whatnot).

I know it probably doesn't mean anything, but it boosts my ego anyway :laugh:
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I wish I was hit on by a hot chick at the gym. Unfortunately, not only I work at the gym I workout at, but at the time I'm hitting the weights, the only people there is the owner, his friend and myself. I love the fact at that time no one is around so I don't have to wait for anyone to use a machine. So, as much as I'd like a girl hitting on me, I rather keep the empty gym for myself only :bigsmile:
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

ill hit on you: Hey sexy...how much does a polar bear weigh? Just enough to break the ice! Im Jess nice to meet you
  • skybird455
    Options
    and I discover the ONLY draw back to lifting at home....no one to hit on me :( im going to marinate in self pity for a while
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    and I discover the ONLY draw back to lifting at home....no one to hit on me :( im going to marinate in self pity for a while

how-you-doin.jpg?w=538
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options

Maybe you could take me home with you so I could change that ;)
  • skybird455
    Options
    awww two hot ladies hit on me!! Im special!! guys eat your heart out!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have this problem, since you can't diet and exercise away ugly.

I feel your pain. I don't get hit on, either. :/

Right there with you fellas... *sigh* No love for the big man.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    a dude hit on me in the locker room and it creeped me the hell out.............that count?
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have this problem, since you can't diet and exercise away ugly.

but you can cover ugly with a 6 pack!!!! BPR me brother!!!
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've never actually been hit on at the gym, but apparently I've been topic of discussion multiple times, which is possibly even worse. Apart from the typical "men talk", one of my (guy) friends has been asked by random guys who I am, or where I was on evenings I wasn't at the gym. And here I was hoping I could keep a low profile while working out bright red and drained in sweat. Ah well, I suppose I'll just take it as a compliment in some strange way.