Getting hit on at the gym

Options

Replies

• BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well I always try to keep head phones in but when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical I like to pick one away from others and no matter how many are open I always seem to end up with a guy on both sides of me that I can see staring at me out of the corner of my eyes. Also when I work out with my trainer he always gets a kick out of guys who do the double take when I'm doing certain exercises. I guess as long as they don't talk to me I'm okay. I just try to stay in my own head and not pay attention if guys are staring or not.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I used to get hit on all the time...until I fell off the treadmill. Repeatedly.

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh at this but I did.... :laugh:
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    Attractive women get hit on everywhere.

If you don't want to get hit on at the gym, wear ear pieces.

^ Pretty much sums it up lol, but there are some people that will still try to talk to you even w the earbuds in... and if you are in the pool/ hot tub then you don't have much of a choice.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i've been approached twice at the gym, and i've approached one time (in the stairway as i was leaving the gym).
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options

It's a fool-proof method to avoid getting hit on :)

1236169047_treadmill-fail.gif
  • Darkskinned88
    Options
    Attractive women get hit on everywhere.

If you don't want to get hit on at the gym, wear ear pieces.

^ Pretty much sums it up lol, but there are some people that will still try to talk to you even w the earbuds in... and if you are in the pool/ hot tub then you don't have much of a choice.

i HATE being talked to when i clearly have headphones in...now i gotta interrupt my regular scheduled jamming
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

BWAHAHAH!! :laugh:
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I was working the back extension machine when a guy walked by, smiled, winked and called me a mule. :noway:
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I rarely get hit on period.

me too! I would be flattered by some gym flirting lol
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

loll the other guy doesnt even notice !
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on at the gym either... :grumble:

I do notice the attractive women there, but try to be discrete about it. Creepy is not a good first impression! :laugh:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    It's only happened 3x in all my years of working out. I wear head phones and don't take many breaks, not a lot of chances for interaction.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i dont get hit on in the gym and im not sure if thats because i am usually a puddle of sweat or if i have headphones in, but occasionally i do get the creeper in the corner staring at me. thats awkward...
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    i don't get too flattered with getting hit on anymore. after seeing a thread on another message board with guys experimenting with different troll profiles on POF of them pretending to be girls, girls get hit on way more than guys regardless of what they look like.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    The only time a woman talks to me at the gym is when I follow her into the locker room or out to her car. :wink:
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on. I'd take it as a compliment if I did. :)
  • Darkskinned88
    Options
    It's only happened 3x in all my years of working out. I wear head phones and don't take many breaks, not a lot of chances for interaction.

To women like you i say, Challenge Accepted lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    The only time a woman talks to me at the gym is when I follow her into the locker room or out to her car. :wink:

Is that before or after the mace? :wink:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Is that before or after the mace? :wink:

yah...that stuff usually kills the mood.... and the wood.
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It happened once and I absolutely loved it. Huge ego boost as far as I'm concerned. I don't got the gym anymore so I guess the fun is over.