You know you're addicted to working out when...

Options
12346»

Replies

• BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    rest days are a form of punishment that leave you nadgy and difficult to be around.

I thought I was the only one! I am so at odds on rest days that I do a massive clean , I scrub the floors by hand dust mop and do almost everything in one day. Sometimes when the day is done I feel like a workout might have been more relaxing!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Your rest days feel like something's missing! I am only taking off 1 day a week, but that one day feels so strange. It's tough to NOT workout! It drives me nuts, and all I think about is working out! I have to remind myself every minute that my body needs to recover. That it's better for me to have that day off rather than push it too hard.
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ...when even on vacation your hitting the gym or going for a run before starting your days adventures.
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    when you feel bored ****less on rest day
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    ...when even on vacation your hitting the gym or going for a run before starting your days adventures.

I plan to do this. We're visiting friends in Canada for 10 days this summer, and I asked her if I could get a temporary membership to her gym.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I know I am addicted to working out.......when I only devote 15 minutes to actually eating my lunch & the remaining 45 minutes is to actually go for a long walk & climb 11 flights of stairs.
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When someone's total caloric burn on the Elliptical machine for 40 minutes is your warm up in 10 minutes!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    when your work out clothes are nicer than your regular clothes.
  • Scorpiotwinkle
    Options
    1. Nobody asks "are you going to the gym tonight?" anymore
    2. You are irritated with your grandchildren cos they made you miss the gym when they visited (sorry babies...I got over it lol xxx)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    rest days are a form of punishment that leave you nadgy and difficult to be around.

Guilty.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    when your work out clothes are nicer than your regular clothes.

This will never happen. I workout in crap because I have to spend quite a good amount of money on my work clothes if I want to wear work clothes that aren't too big. :)

You know you're addicted to working out when...you ask your husband to make dinner because tonight's going to be a long one.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    2. You are irritated with your grandchildren cos they made you miss the gym when they visited (sorry babies...I got over it lol xxx)

I understand! I try so hard not to get irritated when my daughter has something going on, and I can't workout.

But generally, I just change my schedule, get up an hour earlier, or have my husband do something I normally would so that I can still workout.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I realized I was addicted to working out when I began basing my day's meals around my expected burns (BAD and I have since stopped). Another clue was that I was disappointed with anything under a 800 cal burn (the smaller you get, the less you burn and the longer it takes).
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    all five of your kids get you workout clothes for Mother's Day!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    you ENJOY being sore and barely able to walk because you know you worked the right muscle groups.

Feel free to add your own.

Totally!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You actually look forward to personal training sessions and wonder how they are going to torture you today..

You get cranky when you can't go

You become more active in everyday life because being a couch potato just doesn't cut it anymore!
  • Scorpiotwinkle
    Options
    You actually look forward to personal training sessions and wonder how they are going to torture you today..

You get cranky when you can't go

You become more active in everyday life because being a couch potato just doesn't cut it anymore!

YES
    YES
    YES!