What's your body fat percentage?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure, but probably under 15%.

Based on your profile pic, you're roughly 9%.

Oh thanks :)
    I would find out accurately, but I don't the measuring tapes to measure my neck/waist/etc

Use a string then mark the measurement and use construction measuring tape to measure that distance. Ghetto, but it works.

You look great BTW. Nice work!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    There is a medical term called Normal Weight Metabolically Obese (NWMO). That is when one has a normal "BMI" but their body fat percentage is in to obesity range, so I'm not sure if weight and height, and hip to waist measurements are always good indicators of one's body fat percentage. .

They aren't really. That's why the online calculators are so off.

I think what you're describing is commonly referred to as "skinny fat" namely someone with a healthy or low BMI and high BF%.

As a type II diabetic I became frustrated at the contradictory medical advise I was getting from medical professionals so I purchased a medical textbook, Handbook of Exercise in Diabetes. I saw and read about NWMO in that book full of research papers. Took me a while to get through the book using a medical dictionary, but eventually I got through it and NWMO left a lasting impression, among other interesting terms.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I have an Omron BF analyzer, I know it's not accurate (I use it to track progress because it seems to be consistent when used under the same conditions), but that has me at about 20.

Measurement sites give me a 23%. I'm sure I'm closer to this number if not more, I still have a gut and a lot of fat to lose for sure. XD

5'10" 21yo 215lbs
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Who knows?:smile: I've only used the online ones, and they give me anywhere from 18-23%? What is the most accurate way to have it tested (not uber expensive)?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    5' 11", 177.5 (recent gain due to diet changes. should go down though) 22%, shooting for 15%
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    24, 5'10", 180 lbs., 39% probably.
    No way, your numbers are just about the same as my husbands, and he's at 27%
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    5'2 115; 32 years old. Do the Bod Pod every 6 weeks; 3/17 I was at 22% and 118. 4/28 I was 116 and 19%. I would ultimately like to be 17-18%.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    female 23 5'4" 130 20ish% from a caliper and my scale...shooting for about 16% though :smile:

I unfortunately gain most of my weight on my belly and arms. which makes my muscles look fat. ready to lose the layer on top so people can see them for what they really are :smile:
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    16% here
  • RiverDancer68
    Options
    Who knows?:smile: I've only used the online ones, and they give me anywhere from 18-23%? What is the most accurate way to have it tested (not uber expensive)?

Oh, and I am 5'9" and range from 135-140lbs (about 138 right now).
  • AABru
    Options
    There is a medical term called Normal Weight Metabolically Obese (NWMO). That is when one has a normal "BMI" but their body fat percentage is in to obesity range, so I'm not sure if weight and height, and hip to waist measurements are always good indicators of one's body fat percentage. .
    My roomate in college was this...she was 5'6" 130 and BF of 34%
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    6'1" 190 lbs, about 9-10%.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    how do you find this out??
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    im 24, 6 foot 5, 77.7kg, did my bf%this morning and its at 44.2% do i win as the fattest person hahahhaa
    starting P90X tomorrow! yew! :laugh:
  • momma_a
    momma_a Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    30. 5'7, 119 lb, 18%
  • AABru
    Options
    37yo, 5'7", 186 pounds and measure 29%...shooting for 24% (husband likes a little squish)
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options

There are online calculator that will give you a rough estimate based off your measurements. Calipers, those hand held body fat calculators, will give you a estimate. I think the most accurate is when you sit in water and they measure how much gets displaced, not sure exactly what its called or where you can get it done.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

There are online calculator that will give you a rough estimate based off your measurements. Calipers, those hand held body fat calculators, will give you a estimate. I think the most accurate is when you sit in water and they measure how much gets displaced, not sure exactly what its called or where you can get it done.
    Thank you!
  • RiverDancer68
    Options
    30. 5'7, 119 lb, 18%
    Your waist is amazing!! As is your progress :drinker:
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    According to my scale it ranges from 40% to about 45%. I still have a ways to go