Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and my wife is 34. We have kids, we run and work out together, we get along great, and aside from a few missed pop-culture references, everything is great.
    I don't think either of us were looking for this age discrepancy, but once we found each other, it felt like it was meant to be, and still does.
    May you all be so lucky to find your perfect love.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I know my age gap isn't super big, but I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 29. We've been together almost 2 years and most days, I wouldn't trade it for the world. We see eye to eye on almost everything. We do have a bit of an issue when discussing music and movies though. He can remember movies from before I was born, so that creates a bit of a divide. Our maturity levels are about the same though. Guys take so much longer to mature anyway!

Whatever do you mean?

Boobies.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I prefer in most instances men 10+ years older than myself. However, like others have said, it is personal preference.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    its not just age that counts but so much more than that,
    you have to be able to get along , be best friends , and lovers, be tolerant and patient with each other,
    have good communication, and stand by each other no matter what life throws at you,
    and the older you both are the gap seems less important,
    my husband is 5 years older than me we have been together since 1974 and married in 1976.
    You have to work through issues and forgive incidentals. be loyal and respect each other.
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    I know my age gap isn't super big, but I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 29. We've been together almost 2 years and most days, I wouldn't trade it for the world. We see eye to eye on almost everything. We do have a bit of an issue when discussing music and movies though. He can remember movies from before I was born, so that creates a bit of a divide. Our maturity levels are about the same though. Guys take so much longer to mature anyway!

Whatever do you mean?

Boobies.

BAHAHAHA!!! :laugh:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    The subject came up when I told this woman I didn't have any kids and I was too old for children. She said that there are plenty of women that would have children with a 49 year old man and age did not matter. I was a little surprise by her answer and still have my doubts.

Oh, I misunderstood the question. Yes, there are ladies out there that would happily have children with you. Now the next question is going to be, how fair is that to a child? Do you think a 30 year old should be the one caring for an elderly 80 year old parent? Closing in on 70 for High School?

I say this because my husbands father was 45 when they adopted him, and lets just say it has not been the grandest of experiences.

I am even more sure there are single women out there with kids already that would love to have a positive roll model in their childs life, would you consider that?
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My SO is a month and a half older than me.

It can be tough at times, but we try our best.
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that. Age aint nothin but a number!!

I agree: why worry about numbers as long as both parties are adults over age 21?

The bigger question to me is why you didn't believe it when a woman told you that some women will date older men? What's going on with you? You can get tons of feedback from women but sounds like it may be good to be asking yourself some questions about what's going on inside you.
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number....character is everything. However, being a single mom of 3 very small kiddos, I'm realizing that I find it important that any potential SO be at a similar phase of life. I'm comfortable with smaller kids but I'm not ready (nor do I have any desire) to deal with teenagers at this stage of my life. I prefer to progress to that stage naturally as I'm doing with my own kids.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My partner ( I hate the word "bf" cuz it sounds so high school lol ) is 17 years older than me. I wouldn't trade it for anything, much less a younger guy or even one my age.

Younger guys are nice to look at but they seem...unfinished. While yeah I wonder what's gonna happen when I'm 50 and he's 67, I don't let it bother me much...I love him and he's my best friend and I'll be there for him when that time comes. Thankfully, he's very fit and has a better body than most 25 year old boys out there.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I personally don't think I would have anything in common with someone that much older than me. My limit would probably 5-7 years older than myself. I'm 35 and I cannot imagine being with a 50 yr old.

Same here. Could not imagine being with someone 5 years younger than my Mum!! My limit would be up to 5 years older than me, not that it matters, my fella is 8 years younger than me.
  • freenewme
    freenewme Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i have always been with older men. i just don't seem to click with guys my age. i have dated guys that where any where from a few years old than me to one that was twice my age. i find i don't have to deal with the young guy bs.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I would have no problem being with a guy 10 or 15 years older than me. My mom married a man 13 years younger than her, so I guess it seems normal to me. Out of all the factors that go into a relationship, there are so many that are way more important than age to me.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    My husband is 24 years older than me. While it hasn't worked for us, I wouldn't see an issue with a 10-15 year age difference at all.
  • Alexandria_JB
    Options
    I dated a much older man for a while when I was 19-20. We are still close today. At first, it honestly *was* about the prospect of being lavished with gifts. He is extremely wealthy and even offered to pay for an expensive grad school I was interested in. But it was also about mentorship and life advice. I appreciated his wisdom -- most of the time anyway, LOL :) And in the long run we had enough in common that we just liked being around each other, enough to keep in touch after the relationship ended.

On the down side? He is now the only one among my friends who is struggling with prostate cancer... :(
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have always dated older men. Always. Yes, when I was 15, I'd lie and hang out with the 20 year olds....even then! haha

When I was 19, I met my ex who was 39 at the time. It took me a long time to come to terms with his age, but I was extremely attracted to his intelligence, his outlook on life, his experiences, his maturity, his slightly grayed hair, his scruffy face after a day of not shaving (only a real man's face can grow), his connection to his own wants in life, his wisdom and sound advice....everything about an older man. We were together for 4 years. I was 23 and he was 43. He's only 9 months younger than my mom!

Then I decided I wanted to TRY to date men my age. Well, that didn't work out; I couldn't even find men I was interested in. My next ex was 38, and I was 24. Then 40 and 24. Then the most recent guy I was seeing was 47 and I was 24. I'm 25 now. I've went on a few days with men older than me, but younger than my exs. One is 32 and one is 28 (I think...ha...just went a date with him).

I believe age is nothing but a number once you have reached a certain maturity point. I am done with college, I have a graduate degree, I have a career, I have a house, I have a car, I have savings.....what is wrong with dating a man 10, 15 or 20 years older than me? I have everything a man would want in a woman ready to have a family. The 47 year old didn't work out not because of age, but because we want different things in life. He doesn't want marriage and kids....he's already had that. In the end, that doesn't work for me. We got along beautifully, and we really did love each other's company, but in the long term, I want my white picket fence, and he's actually in the middle of fighting for the one he's already bought from his ex! AHHH. Baggage.

I thoroughly enjoy salt and pepper hair (that Clooney look). He can be 25 with gray hair....I'll like him! It isn't the age that's associated with the looks....I just tend to be attracted to older features.

AND LETS NOT FORGET AN OLDER MAN KNOWS HIS WAY AROUND A WOMAN'S BODY WAY BETTER THAN A YOUNGER MAN DOES! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My bofriend is 29 years older than me. We're both very happy.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been with the same man since I was 18 (first love) he's 11 yrs older then me we are very happy as well :)
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have consistently dated older men - the oldest had 35 years on me - and they have been amazing and vaulable relationships. I am currently in a long-term (we'll celebrate 4 years in Sept) with a man 13 years my senior and couldn't be happier. I'm 25 and he's 38. :)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I personally like dating or being around in general older guys. I am 28 (I'll be 29 in July) and my best friend is 39 he and I practically do everything together when we get the chance to see each other. We have never dated, I wanted to date him when I first got my divorce but I really think I confused lust with love. But we are and will be forever the best of friends and I see nothing wrong with a young man/woman dating an older man/woman. Older men to me are more mature and are ready to settle down. They do have their wild side but they have been there and done that.

I've also kissed a man who was 46 That kiss took me totally by surprise because it was something I wasn't expecting. I always wanted to know what it would be like to kiss him and when it happened I was like wow. He was a really really great kisser. I will never regret that kiss.