Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My boyfriend is 7 years older than I am, but his age was not a factor in my decision to be with him. He's the first I've ever dated but over the years I've liked boys older, slightly and in significance, and younger than myself. The age gap makes me worry about down the road regarding health. At 22 I already have a joint disorder, several mental disorders, and I run up doctor bills like crazy because I tend to need surgery almost every year for something or I catch so many violent sinus-related things it's a wonder I'm not in a bubble. I worry about getting worse and if his health does too, who's going to take care of whom.

I had a best friend who refused to date anyone her same age or younger than her, and I can't say I ever found out why. I remember when she first began working at a movie theater near her house she had a crush on one of the projectionists and never made a move and her reason was he was 18 and she was, then, 20 or 21. It was for the best, he was scared of her. When I first met her when she was 13 and I was 12, she was dating an 18 year old who lived in Florida. He left her for a 19 year old, obvious reasons. The next two were at least 5 years older than her age at the time and the one she almost married was in his late 20s and she was 18. I think more than anything she wanted someone who could take care of her, be a mixture between a father and a lover. She had a bad home life and was basically paying all the bills so she wanted a change.

One could probably argue it's just an ingrained mindset from older eras when girls were married off to older men. Then again I don't see it as big a trend as some make it out to be, at least regarding teenagers. They seem to stay within their age group or just deviate a year or two.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My husband is 20 years older than me. I am not a gold digger- infact I am the bread winner. I plan on having another kid with him.

My ex husband was also 20 years older amd we have a 5 year old. We divorced because he is an *kitten*, which doesn't discriminate against age.

I am 29 on thursday.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I dated exclusively older men when I was in my early 20's. I was 22, and the guy I dated for 2 years was 34. I just never found guys that age to be terribly attractive or interesting to be around.

Of course, I married someone only 2 years my senior, but we are both very mature for our age-range.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My husband is 15 years older than me. I am 32 and he is 47. Met him when I was 23 and he was 38. It is not about money and we are a great team and soon will have a baby, hopefully, together.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well.... My dad is 67 and my mom is 46. 21 year difference there. I also have a brother. It seems to work at well for them and they both work.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My husband is 13 years older than me. I love him but honestly, with all the baggage he brought in to the relationship, I can not say I would do it again. We now have a 3 year old together and have a wonderful marriage; but those first 8 years have been tough.

I was 19 and he was what, 32 I think. Don't make me do math on my day off.

Wanted to add: I am very mature for my age, always have been and I could not fathom the idea of dating some ridiculous frat boy when I was in my early 20s. My husband was already over the party stupid phase. It had nothing to do with money. I just thought he was hot and now here we are.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have this 10 year thing..but that might be pushing it. I prefer older. I am 22 so the max would be 32...But I prefer someone in the 20s. (But definitely not younger)
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Years before I got married, I dated a man who was 16 years older than me...we dated (and lived together) for 7+ years...To this day we are still good friends. Each relationship is different and depends on the people involved IMO...:flowerforyou:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    My fiance is 9.5 years older than me. We started dating when I was 19 and he was 29. We've been together for 4.5 years. @ first I didn't except him to be that much older than me but we get along great for the most part. He's not like guys my own age he's no longer into the partying lifestyle and doesn't hit on other women.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    My fiance is turning 35 in June. I'll be 25. We are the exact same person and just click. Age isn't a factor for us at all, in fact I never even think about it. There's not a single thing about us that I would change. We are so compatible with one another, and we are 10 and a half years apart. I don't think age should be a factor for anyone. If you work, you work. And if you just know that that is the person who you should be with, you just know :)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It depends on how old you are to begin with. At 20I wouldn't have dated a30-35 year old, but as you get older the age thing doesn't make a huge difference
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When you see a man >40 with a woman <25............................................thats just plain creepy!!!
    Daddy issues and weird fetishes have to contribute to that s***!!!!!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,002 Member
    Options
    My husband is almost 14 years older than I am. When I was 20 and he was 34, it was shocking. Now that I am 56 and he is 70, it is no big deal.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8yrs older than me. IMO older men are more stable, and mature. I was 19 when I married my husband and he was 27.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I've always had older boyfriends, okay to be fair the oldest was only seven years older than I was but my point is I'm not opposed to it. I personally prefer them being older than I am, don't know why lol. Age is just a number though at the end of the day, if you get on and you believe you could have something special then I don't see why not lol:).
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When you see a man >40 with a woman <25............................................thats just plain creepy!!!
    And in addition they'll die soon.....................
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer older men. I'm 27 and I would much rather be with a guy that's in his 30s. I know it isn't that much older, but I just can't be with guys my age.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    And in addition they'll die soon.....................

I wouldn't advise a 10 year age gap at your age.
  • iwillrideagain
    Options
    there is a 15 year age gap between me and my hubby im 38 {this year} he is 54 age is just a number we have been together 20 years married 12 and have two boys 11,9 if people dont like it thats thier problem not mine i chased after him i thought he was younger even after finfing out his age i though sod it even my sister said dont do it {he is her and my bro in laws best friend} i just gave them the 2 fingar salute :laugh: most men around my age just act like total tw*ts
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with age and is all about the individual and how well you get along. I wouldn't pick anyone out based on age. I have a short list of a set list of qualities I appreciate in a potential partner, with the biggest one on that list being that they are fun and like to play a lot, and a short list of deal breakers. As long as I find someone physically appealing to me and they fall within my guidelines of want/do not want then I'm game for giving it a try. I have dated 18 years younger than me and 16 years older than me and a lot in between those two ranges.