BLACK TEAM WEEK 9!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    There are milkshakes at chick-fil-a???? OMG I've been missing out!!!

Oh wait....I have to count calories :grumble: :tongue:

Renae - sounds like a great time.

Marla - can you someday explain to me about fartleks? :smile:

Hope everyone has a great night!

Fartlek:

a training technique, used esp. among runners, consisting of bursts of intense effort loosely alternating with less strenuous activity.

They're fun.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options

Fartlek:

a training technique, used esp. among runners, consisting of bursts of intense effort loosely alternating with less strenuous activity.

They're fun.

Ah ha! Thanks!

If you can count going back and forth, then I think I've been doing those! I've been running as fast as I can for as long as I can, turned around and walked while I caught my breath, then repeated. Been doing those to try gain speed.

I'm still new to running but I'm working on it! (I sure love it though....I'm pretty addicted lol)
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    There are milkshakes at chick-fil-a???? OMG I've been missing out!!!

Oh wait....I have to count calories :grumble: :tongue:

Renae - sounds like a great time.

Marla - can you someday explain to me about fartleks? :smile:

Hope everyone has a great night!

Fartlek:

They're fun.

I have a technique that involves bursts of intense effort that I use whenever I am over my fiber....oddly enough it's spelled in a similar fashion.

:tongue:
  • Marla64
    Options

Fartlek:

They're fun.

Ah ha! Thanks!

If you can count going back and forth, then I think I've been doing those! I've been running as fast as I can for as long as I can, turned around and walked while I caught my breath, then repeated. Been doing those to try gain speed.

I'm still new to running but I'm working on it! (I sure love it though....I'm pretty addicted lol)

Yepper-- that's it-- awesome!

And just ignore Batman-- :noway:

:wink:
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join you guys?
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Black Team?

I hope everyone had a great weigh in, I know sam is busy with school, hopefully she can get the results up from last week, before this weeks!!! LOL

I am so close to goal weight its sickning, Well hopefully by next week I will be there.

Great Wednesday to everyone
  • annaliza
    Options

I have a technique that involves bursts of intense effort that I use whenever I am over my fiber....oddly enough it's spelled in a similar fashion.

:tongue:

EWWWWWW TMI!!!

Thanks Marla!!

Aliah, welcome. I'm new to this board, too, but there are some great people here!!

Good morning black team!!

I feel great! I lost 1-1/2 lbs this week while on vacation! I wasn't going to weigh myself to give me some vacation recovery time but my curiosity got the best of me.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    Scale was kind.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

Thank God Marla defined fartleks - I had all sorts of mental images floating around in my head..

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job.. hope to be back in the losing column soon. Good just to be able to move again. Increasing my swimming and horseback riding time, but still hesitant to get on the cardio machines.. baby steps..

Have a great day all.. Janie
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Hello people!

I'm still here, still fighting! Just kinda got myself a little addicted to World of Warcraft... oops. So that's what I do with my computer time now... :bigsmile:

I start school up again on Monday... :grumble: So balancing everything is going to start being a challenge. The last time i gave up was because I started school, but I'm not going to let that happen this time! No sir-ie!

Well, have a great day everyone!
  • annaliza
    Options
    Hello people!

I'm still here, still fighting! Just kinda got myself a little addicted to World of Warcraft... oops. So that's what I do with my computer time now... :bigsmile:

I start school up again on Monday... :grumble: So balancing everything is going to start being a challenge. The last time i gave up was because I started school, but I'm not going to let that happen this time! No sir-ie!

Well, have a great day everyone!

I love WOW!!!! I just have no time to play it.

I also have a friend who is super addicted to it. I mean, that's all he talks about, that's about all he does....it's even affecting his marriage. It is very addictive lol

Good luck with school. Im sure you can do it!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Scale stayed about the same! Dang it! I know I should kick it up a notch. I'm not doing too good by my team. I have nothing great to comment on in my section since I haven't been doing everything I am supposed to. Hope everyone else did good!
    Tamara-Way to go girl!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Scale stayed the same for me. That's better than gaining I guess. Surgery went well and now he's home and ready to begin the rehab. Well maybe tomorrow he'll be ready. LOL

Janie, Thank you for remembering and the PM . I truly meant a lot.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Annaliza.

Hi everybody. I'm new here. My name is Aliah. I'm a stay at home mom to my beautiful daughter, Ashanti, who just turned 4 months old today. :) I'm looking to loose some of my baby weight. I have a series of health problems that run in my family that I am trying to avoid: Kidney Failure, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Anemia, High Blood Pressure and Osteoporosis. Hopefully, eating right and excersize will help me avoid some of these things. I'm waayyyy off track nutrition wise, and below are my mini goals:

1. Drink atleast 2 bottles water a day.
    2. Have atleast 1 serving of fruit. and 1 serving of vegetables.
    3. Intake less Sodium and more Calcium.
    4. Do cardio/strength training atleast 3 times a week.
    5. Go for a walk with Ashanti atleast 2 times a week.

So far so good.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I feel great! I lost 1-1/2 lbs this week while on vacation! I wasn't going to weigh myself to give me some vacation recovery time but my curiosity got the best of me.

Curiousity got me too, but I'm not as lucky as you. I gained exactly 3 pounds in 2 weeks of eating pretty crappy. It could be way worse, I'll take it. Now the tricky part of getting back on track. Once you allow yourself those slip-ups over and over it becomes like the old you again, eating like dog dirt all the time. I won't let that happen. I was just looking at pictures and commenting on fat my face was- although if somebody would have asked me what was fat my face would have never made the list! Funny stuff.

I also remember the last time I really lost weight. I lost about 25 pounds, then ate like crap for a week or so and said 'Wow, I can eat like that and only gain 3 pounds?' (or whatever the number- it seemed worth it to me for those 3 pounds at the time if I could eat junk food) I continued to eat crappy and found those 25 pounds back within a matter of weeks. It happens fast! I learned the hard way.

Anyway, don't want to go back so I need to get back on track. I realize with all I have coming up in the next few months that if I can just maintain I'll be happy. Sure I still want to hit my 50 pounds lost, but I will get there at some point. I've basically been haning out within the same 5 pound range for the last 2 months- what's 2 more?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Got my dress in the mail--

Size 8-- wee tight, but the old body is gearing up for you know what-- body all poofy-- I'm hot, sweaty-- it's humid--

And it still looks good-- sexy even!

A couple more hard workouts, and I'm in like Flynn--

I can't believe it-- :noway:

Thanks guys-- couldn't have done it without all of you-- :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Size 8-- wee tight, but the old body is gearing up for you know what-- body all poofy-- I'm hot, sweaty-- it's humid--

Thanks guys-- couldn't have done it without all of you-- :heart: :heart: :heart:

00020120.gif

EIGHT?? That is wonderful!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Curiousity got me too, but I'm not as lucky as you. I gained exactly 3 pounds in 2 weeks of eating pretty crappy. It could be way worse, I'll take it. Now the tricky part of getting back on track. Once you allow yourself those slip-ups over and over it becomes like the old you again, eating like dog dirt all the time. I won't let that happen. I was just looking at pictures and commenting on fat my face was- although if somebody would have asked me what was fat my face would have never made the list! Funny stuff.

I also remember the last time I really lost weight. I lost about 25 pounds, then ate like crap for a week or so and said 'Wow, I can eat like that and only gain 3 pounds?' (or whatever the number- it seemed worth it to me for those 3 pounds at the time if I could eat junk food) I continued to eat crappy and found those 25 pounds back within a matter of weeks. It happens fast! I learned the hard way.

Anyway, don't want to go back so I need to get back on track. I realize with all I have coming up in the next few months that if I can just maintain I'll be happy. Sure I still want to hit my 50 pounds lost, but I will get there at some point. I've basically been haning out within the same 5 pound range for the last 2 months- what's 2 more?

Dont worry, you have US now.............no way you will go back!!

Now chop that salad and dip your carrots in the hummus!!:drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Whoo hoo...you go girl!
    So proud of you! :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Annaliza.

Hi everybody. I'm new here. My name is Aliah. I'm a stay at home mom to my beautiful daughter, Ashanti, who just turned 4 months old today. :) I'm looking to loose some of my baby weight. I have a series of health problems that run in my family that I am trying to avoid: Kidney Failure, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Anemia, High Blood Pressure and Osteoporosis. Hopefully, eating right and excersize will help me avoid some of these things. I'm waayyyy off track nutrition wise, and below are my mini goals:

1. Drink atleast 2 bottles water a day.
    2. Have atleast 1 serving of fruit. and 1 serving of vegetables.
    3. Intake less Sodium and more Calcium.
    4. Do cardio/strength training atleast 3 times a week.
    5. Go for a walk with Ashanti atleast 2 times a week.

So far so good.

Very good start!! Most ppl try to jump in and do too much and get discouraged. Your goals are def attainable and realistic. The great thing about teams is we encourage each other and send gentle reminders (:huh: ) to get back on track if we slip!

Your little girl will be so much better off growing up in a healthy household.......you may be saving HER life too!!

Welcome!:flowerforyou: Jeannie