Does anyone have a eat what you want day (BINGE DAY)???

Options
123457»

Replies

• Stephanie199023
    Stephanie199023 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yes i do! every saturday!
  • jasmynnlee
    Options
    I don't.. But what I like to do instead is if i want a piece of cake or a piece of candy Ill have it that day and make sure that I am still under my calories for the day either by not eating so much or spending some extra time in the gym.. But that approach hasn't really worked for me since hallowen.. Lol.. I spent an extra hr in the gym and was still over my calorie intake.. But do what works for you.. This is your life, your journey.. If you are still loosing and are happy with your weight loss then go for it.. :)
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So the book I have been using as my healthy life bible for the past month suggests that once you are on track with both your diet and exercise that instead of a cheat day that kills your metabolism and overloads your calories because it gives you the chance to binge from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed, instead pick two "cheat" meals a week where you can eat reasonably guilt free. That way it is just one meal and the rest of the day is sensible, and you don't have a food coma once a week that your body has to deal with. I know everyone deals with their food habits differently, but I definitely find this to be a bit more sensible. Plus you can change up your "cheat" meals every week - so if you are going to dinner with friends mid week that can be one meal, and maybe a big family brunch on a weekend day is the other. If nothing is planned the next week then maybe date night Friday and family dinner Sunday etc. :smile:
  • niklapeer
    Options
    My husband an I have a "cheat" day every saturday or sunday depending on whats going on that weekend. We still have our normal healthy breakfast and lunch but we go out for supper. I research where we want to eat and we try to pick something that we don't normally get to eat but something that isn't insanely high in calories. I still log on my cheat days and so far out of 5 I have only went over goal once. I'm always under goal through the week specially on our exercise nights so I figure that helps offset the "cheat" day. It's nice to have this to look foward to each week.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyday.
    I truly do not believe in diets, for if you are going out of your way to diet, once you (or at least most) hit their target they tend to crash, stop or end up gaining the weight back from one or two days of taking a break.

I still drink my coke (I just drink less)
    I still eat cake, cereal and even had McDonalds the other day
    I just not stuffing my face, not eating as much or as bad, the food I am taking in now is hitting (sometimes passing) my calories exactly where I want to (still need work on my Cholesterol, way WAY to high)
    As long as I eat smaller portions of that bad, more balance of the good and keep working out 6 days a week (use sundays to rest my body)

But my advise to you about the eat what you want day, heck it actually sounds like a great idea if it works for you, just do not PLAN to eat horribly. For example, Sundays is your day so on sundays eat that thing you were craving, make a special meal that might be a few calories more than normal and so on, just do not be waiting all week for sunday to come just so you can make ALL of the things you dont eat throughout the week just to fill up on sunday. Makes Mondays that much harder to start up, makes your body crave the food for a day or two and makes you want to do less in the field of working out (trust me, it is what failed for me in the past, having that cheat day is what I called it)

This is what I was going to say exactly. I eat whatever I want within (usually) the confines of my calorie target and find that this keeps me happy and not feeling deprived.

I HAVE seen cheat days that canceled out all of the rest of the week's hard work, so do log the cheat days so that if you don't lose weight you can go back and see what happened

I don't have binge days either...I just eat what I want all the time - and that includes cake etc - I just don't eat much of it. If I crave chocolate, I have chocolate ....I just factor it into that day's calorie total. That's not to say I don't go over my calorie allowance occasionally but if I do it isn't the end of the world and one day over won't make much difference in the long run. I don't eat back all my exercise calories so it all balances out in the end.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My husband an I have a "cheat" day every saturday or sunday depending on whats going on that weekend. We still have our normal healthy breakfast and lunch but we go out for supper. I research where we want to eat and we try to pick something that we don't normally get to eat but something that isn't insanely high in calories. I still log on my cheat days and so far out of 5 I have only went over goal once. I'm always under goal through the week specially on our exercise nights so I figure that helps offset the "cheat" day. It's nice to have this to look foward to each week.

This ^^^^

It's easier for me to pass on doughnuts at work during the week if I know I can have them on Saturday. Then, when Saturday hits, I normally don't even want them then. I still log and if I go over, so be it. I'm losing pretty steadily and even on Saturday's, I still get my walk in.

Aside from this weekend. It was our anniversary and we just went out for three days and had a good time. I'm back on track today and even lost a pound despite the grits and eggs and bacon pancake breakfast yesterday LOL
  • blcgrace
    blcgrace Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, you can wipe out a week's worth of deficit in a few hours of a binge.
  • amandarama_
    Options
    I eat at maintenance on Sundays. I try not to go over maintenance as I know that way I am not undoing any of the progress I have made during the week.

Usually, if there's something I want I fit it into my daily calories though.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I don't go over my calorie limit of 1350 except on very rare occasions, and then not by much. Food isn't entertainment.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat over my calorie allotment on Saturdays. I think the highest I went was like 560 calories over. Gives me a lil something to look forward to.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, you can wipe out a week's worth of deficit in a few hours of a binge.

^^
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want every day... that said, what I want is not always the same every day.
  • IHearTheHum68
    Options
    I eat 20 carbs a day, along with a multivitamin which is plenty and I don't feel like I need more at all. Every other week for one day I eat what I want and as much as I want. Chocolate cupcakes, heck yes. The next day i'm back to 20 carbs a day for two more weeks. Before this I had really stalled but throwing a bunch of carbs in there every other week, kicked the weight loss right back up again. Hey it works for me. Might not make sense or work for others. I don't say i'm on a diet or feel like i'm on one at all.