nurses and nursing students!

Options

Replies

• jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hello! I just graduated and May and passed NCLEX this week, so I'm officially a registered nurse! Had an interview in oncology this week as well...hoping that I will get the job but as I'm sure many of you know, it's rough going in this economy. The interviewer actually told me that they have more trouble filling 7A shifts these days because of the people wanting the shift differential for night shift.

Would love to have some supportive fellow nurses/nursing students for friends! I gained about 30 pounds while I was in nursing school due to all the stress, and I feel like no one can really understand the stress of nursing in general except for others in the field.
  • saritabonita22
    Options
    I am a nursing student and work in a nursing home right now as their admissions coordinator/medical secretary/activities director. Id love to know people going through the same things I will be! :)
    Sara
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse, feel free to add me.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nursing student, but you can still add me. I'm a Paramedic Student, graduating in December of this year with my Associates Degree, and am always here to support my fellow medicine-loving students!
  • jmobashrn11
    Options
    Tried to add a bunch of you but it will only let me make 5 requests in 10 minutes - add me!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a first year student nurse from Australia, just finished my first semester. Feel free to add me.
  • Melaniemom4
    Options
    Hello, I am a nurse. In fact graduated 1983 from a diploma program and then did the RN to BSN graduating in 2009. Regardless of if you would like to be MYFITNESSPAL friend I wish you luck. I've needed to loose wt for many years. No yo yo dieting but have to do this to be in better state of health.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse too... work in women's health/obstetrics for the last 3.5 years!
    I am an LPN (so a diploma) but plan to finish my degree here pretty soon -- should take me about 2 years if I put my nose in the books! Just a little scared.

Feel free to add me.
  • chelseabell91
    Options
    I'm in nursing school at the University of South Alabama! Anyone feel free to add me, I would LOVE the support!
    It'd be great to have some friends in Nursing school who know how it is!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am an RN since 1990, work for the FBOP, feel free to add me! I feel really bad for the poor students.... well not so much, LOL
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm completing my pre-reqs for my school's nursing program. If they would stop changing the catalog, I might actually finish! ;-)
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was a LPN for 10 years in Long term care. Just finished my Associates, and am returning in the fall to finish BSN/MSN. Feel free to add me!

Good Luck with school!
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Clinic Nurse here :) Would love some nurse friends. Feel free to Add. Have a great night.
  • lmbw126
    lmbw126 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am a critical care RN. I will begraduating with an MSN-FNP in December. God willing. Feel free to add me! I gained 85lbs in nursing school. Yea is sucked but I finished! Good luck and happy training.
  • randiz66
    randiz66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I remeber how hectic nursing school was best of luck to you. I am a nurse I currently work ICU at my full-time job and med-surg at my PRN job. Are you just beginning the program. Feel free to add me.
  • Sheshe38
    Sheshe38 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a nursing student so feel free to add me.
  • kdward83
    kdward83 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm a Critical Care Unit Nurse (first job-graduated about 2 years ago). I also feel very overwhelmed and stressed from work which can make weight loss more difficult. Feel free to add me- you and any other nurses out there!!
  • jmobashrn11
    Options
    Does anyone here post on allnurses.com? It's a FANTASTIC website - check it out if you don't. Especially for nursing students, they have a lot of great tips and support.
  • Glamorous_RN
    Glamorous_RN Posts: 204
    Options
    Er trauma nurse here add me :p
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN of many years. Currently working in an employer based clinic. Basically, we have a clinic within a company and we see all the employees and their dependents. I love it! To the girl that is feeling frustrated with her decision to become a nurse because you can't practice the kind of nursing you want to. I have felt that way at several points in my nursing career. I'm sorry you are feeling that, very hard but there are positions out there that allow you to enjoy being a nurse instead of killing you in the process if you can hang in there until you get the right position.