When did this site become so judgmental ?

Options
I have been on myfitnesspal on and off for almost a year. When I first started I loved it. The people on here were extremely motivating, kind, and helpful. Now all of sudden there is so much criticism, people are being rude, judgmental, and outright mean sometimes. I'm seeing forum after forum of fighting and opinions that are just so nasty. When people are posting questions it's because they are looking for help, not to be attacked about everything they are doing wrong. This site has become full of know it all type people. Certain things work for some, while it doesn't work for everyone. I'm simply posting this as a reminder to be kind to people on here and help people as much as you can. motivation for our new lifestyle is key. keep myfitnesspal as a great place to lose weight and make new friends. Remember, we are all here for the same reason.

Replies

• rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Remember, we are all here for the same reason.

Yep. To judge people and act smarter than them.

I kid, I kid.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I joined in Aug of last year as well and there have always been some nice people and some people I prefer to avoid. Sad but true...
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Amen!

There's far too much snarky/sarcasm/jealousy going on around here.
  • monica2434
    monica2434 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been on myfitnesspal on and off for almost a year. When I first started I loved it. The people on here were extremely motivating, kind, and helpful. Now all of sudden there is so much criticism, people are being rude, judgmental, and outright mean sometimes. I'm seeing forum after forum of fighting and opinions that are just so nasty. When people are posting questions it's because they are looking for help, not to be attacked about everything they are doing wrong. This site has become full of know it all type people. Certain things work for some, while it doesn't work for everyone. I'm simply posting this as a reminder to be kind to people on here and help people as much as you can. motivation for our new lifestyle is key. keep myfitnesspal as a great place to lose weight and make new friends. Remember, we are all here for the same reason.

I agree!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yep I always see that kind of thing... Downright some of the rudest people ever
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    it's just like real life, some people are just pathetic!
  • ReeRich
    ReeRich Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Remember, we are all here for the same reason.

Are we? That's what's fascinating.. I'm here cos I'm fat but many buff, ripped people are here too. sharing their meals and eating habits...exercise tips..
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    well said.
  • angieglyn
    angieglyn Posts: 23
    Options
    Nicely said:o)
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I've asked questions about certain things and people get so rude and nasty especially on food,fitness,and cleanses and juicing that type of stuff
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that people are being judgmental about judgmental people in this thread. :tongue:
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I actually think part of the problem is that we're not all here for the same thing, and we need to be respectful of the different goals and methods people here have. It is not a one size fits all goal or method.
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I actually think part of the problem is that we're not all here for the same thing, and we need to be respectful of the different goals and methods people here have. It is not a one size fits all goal or method.

YES!!!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I find it ironic that people are being judgmental about judgmental people in this thread. :tongue:

Lol!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    lol, the @ssholes keep me amused ;) but i def only keep supportive friends <3
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    I have noticed that a lot lately as well.
  • nomoreplaying
    Options
    You said it. I've dealt personally with a very sarcastic person. We cant blame them, they are confusing this with myspace and facebook.
  • lucky2too
    lucky2too Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have surrounded myself with kind supportive people and for the most part ignore the snarky folks. It works for me!