When did this site become so judgmental ?

Options

Replies

• sandralila
    sandralila Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Agtee
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Some adults still don't understand the fact that they need to be mature. After all, they ARE adults...
  • babicak3z
    babicak3z Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've asked questions about certain things and people get so rude and nasty especially on food,fitness,and cleanses and juicing that type of stuff
    i just posted today asking one simple question about a dr.oz show i seen today and geez some people were rude saying dont listen to him etc i never once said i was doing what he suggest i was wondering if some people added some of his remedies to their exercise routine
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic that people are being judgmental about judgmental people in this thread. :tongue:

yep. Lots of that going on lately. :laugh:
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    I mostly keep away from the message boards now that I've gathered a MFP list of supportive, like-minded friends.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Some people want to try harmful, useless, or just plain stupid approaches to "weight loss". I usually answer in a straight up manner without any sugar-coating. Sometimes people feel like that's rude. That's too bad, because that's the way it's going to be until they ban me. :drinker:
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Um, who do you think you are for posting a topic like this? :wink: Yeah, I like it on MFP as apposed to FB and the constant negative posts in addition to the posts where it appears it is their personal (yet vey public) diary. As anything grows, it draws in more people and some will be opinionated. It's the nature of the beast.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    What if I'm not here for the same thing? I don't need to belittle anyone and I do enjoy learning. Tell me something I don't know, I'm quite open to it.

You can always hide your intelligence and then lure them into a sense of superiority... then go for the throat, if you'd like.
    Not my thing, but if others get something from it, who am I to judge?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    I really dislike people starting these types ao threads to be all judgy about people that are posting information or that are generally joking.

Really? This is all you've got to contribute to the world? Sad.
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I really dislike people starting these types ao threads to be all judgy about people that are posting information or that are generally joking.

LOL seems to prove your point.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    What if I'm not here for the same thing?

^^This

We are not all here for the same things. Mindless cheerleading is for some, not all. There are people who want to learn, be challenged, question status quo & broscience, debate, etc.

That said... supply follows demand. 'Nough said.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 months older than you in MFP & I have to agree that things are getting more different here now than last year. However you must also remember that this is internet & for every site as well as in real life, there are always good & bad people everywhere so all you have to do is to sort out these good & bad people. Internet is the place where people can freely express themselves that they cannot do in real life.

There are some debates or some exchange of different opinions here but doesn't mean that we are being judgmental. Debate yes but being judgmental no. The problem with most of us is we think we are always right & that if someone disagrees with our posts then we will take it against them.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've asked questions about certain things and people get so rude and nasty especially on food,fitness,and cleanses and juicing that type of stuff

Lol as for cleanses, people who have done a modicum of research on them would find they are voodoo BS.
  • lisaishotpink
    lisaishotpink Posts: 124
    Options
    Unfortunately this is what happens when there is an incredibly large and diverse group of people. Not everyone was taught to respect others, and some who are taught respect still go on to criticize and be rude. You just have to find supportive friends and ignore the jerks!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Not to sound rude here but if you're going to bring up these weird & unhealthy approach then don't expect any positive response from people. Science has already proven that these fad diets, cleanses or juices don't work in the long run & all it do is to ruin your metabolism & make you fatter in the end. Just because some people are going against your point of view doesn't mean he is being rude or nasty. Admit it or not but that's the case with the majority & most of the time the reason why people are asking something about those weird stuff is because they will go for it & so if someone says any fad diets don't work, then he will think its rude. That's the problem here, we have the desire to be always right.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    These forums are very judgmental. My favorite is when people come here to complain about overweight people and how disgusting they are.. since this is site where a lot of people are trying to lose weight, you know.

/eyeroll
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    These forums are very judgmental. My favorite is when people come here to complain about overweight people and how disgusting they are.. since this is site where a lot of people are trying to lose weight, you know.

/eyeroll

My FITNESS pal.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I have surrounded myself with kind supportive people and for the most part ignore the snarky folks. It works for me!
    And I try to surround myself with the snarky people. Life would suck without sarcasm. *shrug* To each their own.

FYI, telling someone thet're doing something harmful to themselves is not mean or judgemental. Nothing to do with the above quote, just needed to say it.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I think people just have looser tongues over the internet. Something they would never say in person becomes easy to spout out online. Just ignore it. So many people think rude is the new funny.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options

LOL seems to prove your point.

I think this pretty much sums up what i said lol..I wasn't being judgmental by my post I was just saying that if you disagree with something someone is doing that's okay..but people are just so nasty about it. And by saying we're all here for the same reason, I guess I shouldn't have said that. I just know for the most part, people are on here to track their calories and lose weight, but yes some are on here to tone, build muscle, whatever the reason..I think we're all on here for support, to keep motivated, and to be kept accountable for what we're eating or doing ...didn't mean to come off as judgmental.