Would you run a race knowing you would finish last?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't care where I place compared to everyone else, I care whether or not I meet my goal. The first time I did a triathalon, my goal was to finish, and I did! I was second to last in my category, but I seriously wouldn't have cared if I'd been last. I finished! Next time I did it I shaved half hour off my time. Third time I missed my goal time by 50 freakin seconds, and even though it was my best time, that's the one I was disapointed with.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I would do it anyway, The most important thing is wanting something and going for it with everything you got. I would be happy I finished. . I achieved something :)
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    nope...but I have a disorder that keeps me from doing ANYTHING unless I will finish in top 5 or 10%

WOW...Your disorder is severely limiting the things you can enjoy in life...like sex.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a loaded question to me. I think we need to break it down a little more.
    Would you run a race? NO.
    Would you run a race knowing you'd come in last? NO.
    Would you run a race knowing you'd come in last but someone is going to hand you a cheeseburge and fries when you cross the finish line? Maybe, but probably...NO.
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Substitute "run" for something else, and yeah I would compete. In spite of not being a very competitive person when it comes to sports and stuff like this, I do find I try a bit harder when my performance is being measured against others; it's like a free personal trainer!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I would be lapping everybody on the couch.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am the date is 3rd June 2012 (ie in less that a fortnight's time!) I am doing a 5k I have done a couple of practices (walks) and my quickest time has been 50 minutes, I probably will not be running (although i will try) and I'm pretty sure I'll come close to the end but I dont really car, just the fact that I'm doing it is enough for me, and raising money for something that means so much to me!
  • Emacp43
    Emacp43 Posts: 1
    Options
    Last in my first 5k. Went too fast at the start- beginners mistake I guess. Finished in 39 mins and only discovered 2 days later that I had a chest infection! So not too bad for a 40 something mum who started running 3 months before! Just finishing is great.
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Absolutely. I would run the race so I could feel the joy of finishing and never mind if I am the last one across the finish line. For me, just finishing the damn race would be a huge accomplishment!