Pictures can really show progress...Show me yours!

Options

Replies

• TheReese1206
    TheReese1206 Posts: 238
    Options
    EVERYONE has done so well.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    wow nice job.. inspiriing. Please add me.. and inspire me some more!!
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1/4 of the way there, you can see some progress from my face, I'm not ready for the body shots yet, lol!

ScreenShot2012-05-16at30835PM.png
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The Thread has a PART 2!!! I am thrilled with how many Progress Photos have been posted!

For those of you who have asked, I have managed to lose 78 pounds by simply loggin my food, staying within my calorie goals, and exercise. I started in August and when I did, I basically logged everything, without regard for what my calorie goals were, or how many calories I was consuming. I wanted to get a sense of what I was eating, and why I had gained soooooo much weight when I felt like I wasn't eating that much. I changed my food diary categories to reflect when I ate, vs. what meal it was, i.e. 7am-10am, 10am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, 4pm-7pm, 7pm-10pm. What I found was that I wasn't eating breakfast... just coffee, then I was regularly skipping lunch, then eating some sort of crap at 3pm, because it was too late for lunch, but I was still starving, so I'd eat chips or ding-dongs, or whatever crap was in the vending machine. Then I'd eat a huge dinner and sit and do nothing the rest of the night, after an entire day (8-10 hours) of sitting at my desk at work.

Once I started logging everything, then I started making different choices, but I still eat everything. Nothing is off limits, however, I am in control of "how much" I eat. After about 3-4 weeks of just food logging, I added exercise (20 minutes 2x a week), then in October added Zumba and was hooked! At the end of October I got a BodyMedia Armband so that I could better monitor my calories burned, and therefore I adjust my intake based on my usage on a daily basis, and my goal is to maintain a 1000 calorie deficit every day, although I will consume a minimum of 1200 calories even if my expenditure is less than 2200. I hope this information is helpful to those who have asked, "How did you do it?"

I know I already posted the pic, but am adding it to the Part 2.

I am 5'3", and was wearing a 20/22. Below is my Progress after 9 months. I was 44 in the December 2009, and am a week away from my 47th birthday in the May 2012 picture.
    ThenNow4.jpg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Keep em coming!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    before.jpg

hehe :)

AFTER.jpg
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    All I can say is: "WOW", you all look fantastic! Right now all I have are the "before" pictures, but hope to add my own success pics soon! Thanks for the motivation!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    There are no secrets! A lot of hard work, commitment, will power, a lot of falling flat on my face and picking myself up and dusting off and trying again. Never giving up, working out, eating decent (I say decent because I know I don't eat clean or anything. I can honestly say that the only thing I've taken completely out of my day to day diet is, Fried foods). I believe in everything in moderation. I work out, but let me be real here for a moment, I didn't always work out, I never liked working out. Infact I hated it. I was a big girl and I hated losing my breath, I hated hurting, but the pain is so worth it! I started with walking, just dance 2, and zumba. I moved to 30 day shred after I reached my ONErland. I did it twice but only finished it once. The first time I gave up because I was too focused on what the scale said. 2nd time I didn't focus so much on the scale but relied more on my measuring tape. Now I'm just jogging, doing push up's, arm presses, bench dips, and a few other strength work out's. I also dance once in awhile, not that I"m any good at dancing, this white girl has no rhythm... Anyway's... I have 15-20 more pounds to lose before I hit my ultimate weight loss goal. I'm not really that focused on it right now, I'm kinda not pushing it right now to lose actual weight, I'm trying to focus more on my arms, back, and tummy area right now with lots of cardio.

mfp2.jpg

1.jpg

mfp1.jpg

fat2skn.jpg

feb-may.jpg

faces.jpg

arms.jpg
  • QOTC
    QOTC Posts: 20
    Options
    Fantastic job, Mama2SethandO! Love that you documented your successes so much!! You look great!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Mama2sethandO, you are a really amazing role model. very nicely done. Here are my face comparisons, I have to find some body ones to post.

262 lbs
    302cq.jpg

down 48 lbs to 214
    snapshot201205064.jpg
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    Before: me at my heaviest around 220lbs

26776_347457973570_515198570_3565713_2092445_n.jpg

progress: here i am about 6 months ago probably around 170lbs

iphone276.jpg

I am currently 162 lbs..goal is to get to 135-140 lbs :) I am 5'7
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Me a few weeks ago in pants that were tight on me in Jan of this yr when I started.... I'm 5'9, and 133 lbs...I started at 178 =)

pants.jpg
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    2yugm1e.jpg

about half way there :)
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
  • pmanco2009
    pmanco2009 Posts: 76
    Options
    bump
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    <==B/A Pic
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    after:
    23tfp86.jpg
    Love this pic.... mmmm oreos!
    LOL I took that pic and then sat down and ate them...yes...all 1800 calories of them...in a few hours...I bet a few people I would after I hit goal :tongue: Food is not the enemy!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Bump! :flowerforyou:

Everyone looks amazing!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I have been stalking these boards for weeks now without posting anything lol but you guys have no clue how much inspiration I have gotten just from looking at pics of REAL people!! I have lost a bit of weight since high school but I've been sitting comfortably in the 140-145 weight area for the past couple years but FINALLY I have gotten the drive to want to TONE up all this jiggly mess I have lol. I want to wear a bikini too!! lol ANYWAY, I thought I'd share the progress I have made since I was in high school so maybe I can help someone the way that all you guys have helped me!! (I've never posted before so forgive me if my pictures don't show up on the first try lol)

journey.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!