Ladies, Hair washing

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i rinse daily, will often do a conditioner wash (it works heavenly for curly hair) and use shampoo once a week after my pool workout.
  • rowenaaitken
    rowenaaitken Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a dry shampoo for dyed red hair? (Based in Scotland)
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a dry shampoo for dyed red hair? (Based in Scotland)
    I think Bumble and Bumble makes a few different colours. You can order it online if its not available in your area.
  • rowenaaitken
    rowenaaitken Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) will check them out!
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, too. I HAVE to wash my hair after my workouts. I'm sure that's why my hair is so dry now. I was a Wen girl for a long time, which was great, but they screwed up the billing too many times and I had to stop using them -- they charged my card twice for each shipment. ARGH! No, thanks!

Anyway, I try to use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners and once a week I use a 30 minute leave-in conditioner.

Let me know if you find a product htat helps! :drinker:

Does Wen work nearly as well as the commercials indicate?

I wash my hair every third day. My hair is eats moisture like crazy, so it's dry about half an hour after I work out no matter how much I sweat.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I have this problem, too. I HAVE to wash my hair after my workouts. I'm sure that's why my hair is so dry now. I was a Wen girl for a long time, which was great, but they screwed up the billing too many times and I had to stop using them -- they charged my card twice for each shipment. ARGH! No, thanks!

Anyway, I try to use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners and once a week I use a 30 minute leave-in conditioner.

I wash my hair every third day. My hair is eats moisture like crazy, so it's dry about half an hour after I work out no matter how much I sweat.

My hair didn't work well with Wen. Maybe it's because I have an oily scalp and fine-ish hair. *shrug* What works for some may not work for others.
  • GEE1241
    GEE1241 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do not wash everyday unless you have very oily scalp. I have curly hair and more on the dry side and extensions!. I wash every other day! I'm doing insanity and sometimes i feel like i need to wash my hair more. That sweating is crazy. Any hair questions feel free to ask . I have a cosmetology lisc!
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    <<
    Coming from a stylist, dry shampoo is da bomb!
  • emshair
    emshair Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My hair is super oily, I have got to wash it every day or I become an oil slick :(

I am so jealous of all of you who don't have to...I wish!

I'm a qualified hair dresser and before I got my qualifications i was like you thinking I had to wash my hair every day as it was so greasy but when you wash it every day, your massaging and stimulating the sebaceous glands in your scalp which causes the glands to over produce sebaceous oils...if you wash your hair less your scalp will eventually realise that it doesn't need the excess oil, give a try for a few weeks it will be greasy at first but if you just wear it up while it settles into your new pattern.
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

My hair didn't work well with Wen. Maybe it's because I have an oily scalp and fine-ish hair. *shrug* What works for some may not work for others.

You have to find the right scent/version for your hair type. I'm a Wen girl too, buy it from QVC! :) I have to wash my hair every day, I just feel gross otherwise. I wish I could go every other day! I've been 100% satisfied since day 1. Apparently you are supposed to be able to go longer between washes with Wen. I do notice a difference & my hair definitely doesn't look dirty or oily the second day but I think it's more of a mental thing for me. But my stick straight hair has body & holds curl these days! :)
  • mujerebelde
    Options
    I would recommend looking at natural shampoos from health food stores as they don't have all the gross chemicals and artificial fragrances/suds that all the other ones do. Ideally you want to wash your hair two to three times a week, but that only works if you don't work out and/or use hair products, which all of us do! I love Nature's Gate and Green Beaver.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have oily hair that requires me to wash it everyday. I go to the gym at night though so I just wait until my morning shower.

Ditto.....
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already mentioned this, but why not try baking soda instead of actual shampoo?

As for me, I MUST wash every single day. Oily skin/hair = bad breakouts for me, so squeaky clean is the way for me!! Plus, it smells and looks better (duh).
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Nope. I shampoo every 4th day. I don't have to use dry shampoo either. When I first started stretching out my "in between wash days" my hair was greasy at first. It takes time for your hair to adjust back to natural. Now, if I swim or get super sweaty... then I will rinse it out with water really well.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    <<
    Coming from a stylist, dry shampoo is da bomb!

Stylist here too...TiGi has dry shampoo and dry conditioner. Love it.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! So funny you brought this up. I was thinking that i might cut a lot off of my hair. It is very thick, curly and to the middle of my back. I am drenched at the end of a workout and it takes me like 15-20 minutes to wash my hair while in the shower and probably another 5 just brushing it out after...............I don't really want to cut it, but all this exercise makes it gross and sweaty!!!!

Same here!! People don't get why I take such long showers, but I just have sooo much hair that it takes me like half an hour to wash it, such a chore.....
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Every other day.. unless I get really nasty like being outside or swimming.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Every day, sometimes twice a day depending on when I work out. I have very fine hair that gets icky if I don't wash it after a workout, and dry shampoos don't do a thing for me except make my scalp feel itchy. I make sure to use a really good quality shampoo and conditioner (my faves are Big shampoo and American Cream conditioner from LUSH), use a daily leave-in keratin treatment, and on days when I wash it twice I avoid the hairdryer and flatiron.

My stylist is amazed at how healthy my hair is!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    nope, wash my hair usually every 2nd day, sometimes go all weekend if I have nothing planned, but may end up wearing a ball cap to the gym by sunday lol
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have very thick, very long hair. Seriously- the ends fall at mid-thigh.

Before I became a bit of a gym rat, I would go seven to ten days between washes. My scalp isn't terribly oily, and I like to stretch the wash schedule because it's better for my hair. However, I am now in the gym a lot. I still shampoo and condition my hair every seven to ten days, but now I rinse it out every three to four days with a hit of LUSH dry shampoo if I feel I need it. I love what that dry shampoo does for my hair sweat, but it does make me smell like a margarita sometimes.

For the record, I use LUSH Soak & Float and Shine shampoos with Redken Extreme conditioner. I comb with a wide tooth wooden comb and my hair is almost always up in a bun or braided.