Is it okay to have 'bad food' everyday?

Options
but I still limit my calories intake. at least I eat one kind of junk food, almost everyday. whether it's chicken nugget or fried food or chocolate.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I do too. It's worked well for me. I don't feel deprived and have stuck with this for a year now! I have switched to "lighter" bad food though, and smaller servings. For chocolate, I love the skinny cow wafer bars or dream clusters!
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    I have something "bad" most days. Although I don't consider anything that fits into my calories as bad.
  • choose2bfree
    Options
    Everything in moderation as long as I keep to pretty much within the nurtrition guidelines, I celebrate the day.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It's all relative to your goals. Personally I've never cut anything out of my diet (I have also been doing this for a year or so) and I have never felt deprived or hungry. As long as your cals out are greater than your cals in, for basic weightloss what the food is is not so relevant
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I always have at least one bite of something "bad" everyday. Yesterday it was some of my daughter's leftover pasta and a chocolate covered strawberry. I guess that wasn't so bad though.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have tried to limit these, however, I do not deprive myself either. Moderation is key - small portions of the "bad stuff" and larger portions of the "good stuff."
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have my five wine gums everyday - as I'm not on a diet but making lifestyle changes I dont see the point in depriving myself.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I had two fun size Snickers bars last night. And two days ago I had left over pizza for breakfast. Both days I was still under my calories and ate lots of fruits/veggies the rest of the day. I don't think it's bad to eat junk sometimes. I've actually found the driving through McDonald's for a reduced fat ice cream cone is the best way to get my ice cream fix (rather than getting a way bigger/fattier ice cream cone at an ice cream shop or keeping it in the house.) Seems ironic that it's at McDonald's. Ha!
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I normally have my "bad food" on Sunday. Sometimes it's just a snack or it might be one meal. You have to treat yourself sometime! :bigsmile:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have two squares of Dove Dark Chocolate Promises everyday. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, so I don't consider it to be "bad" per se - I just limit my intake (or rather, I try to limit my intake--I certainly still have days where I'll eat 4 cupcakes, but those days are getting fewer and farther between). I nibble on the squares and let each little bite melt in my mouth, so it takes several minutes for me to finish them. I find that it really satisfies my sweet tooth and helps keep me from going totally overboard.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to eat bad food every now and then, but surely the fact that you refer to it as bad food gives you the clue that you shouldn't eat it everyday.

For most people this is the sort of thing that may have contributed to their current weight situation.

Honestly answer this question:

Do you think having a Big Mac for your lunch everyday is a good decision?

It's in essence the same as your opening question.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i tried the "bad food" within my calories and didnt lose anything. i wouldnt reccommend it.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Bad food to someonw with orthorexia would be good food to someone else.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Anything is OK, as long as you understand and accept the price. You don't do any of the hard work for us, or anyone else but yourself. You are the boss :)

Personally, my goal is too important to compromise, or risk getting on a slippery slope.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think the key to long term weight loss is not to deprive yourself of anything, of course, moderation and balance is key. This is a lifestyle change and I intend to keep the weight off but I also love chocolate, treats and dessert and will continue to have them. I do have a treat daily but I try to keep it within my calorie goals and drink lots of water as well.
  • Wildheart_Baby
    Wildheart_Baby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    but I still limit my calories intake. at least I eat one kind of junk food, almost everyday. whether it's chicken nugget or fried food or chocolate.

There are no 'bad' foods, just foods you need to moderate, if you deprive yourself, you end up craving those foods, so you'll have a slip and eat a load of them, then feel guilty, I would still have them but realise that you need to really watch the calories they contain, so that you don't slip back into bad habits of eating a lot of them.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I think this depends on your definition of bad foods. I often have something sweet and a glass of wine every night...but there is no way I would eat something deep fried everyday. That is not healthy. A piece of chocolate or one glass of red wine are not bad for you...they might be higher in calories but I just make sure they fit.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i tried the "bad food" within my calories and didnt lose anything. i wouldnt reccommend it.

I agree.. kind of defeats the purpose. Once in a blue moon wont kill you, but everday...two steps backwards.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have less nuutrious food every day. I enjoy it.

I don't believe in good or bad food. It puts feelings onto food and I'm trying to stop doing that.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I had two fun size Snickers bars last night. And two days ago I had left over pizza for breakfast. Both days I was still under my calories and ate lots of fruits/veggies the rest of the day. I don't think it's bad to eat junk sometimes. I've actually found the driving through McDonald's for a reduced fat ice cream cone is the best way to get my ice cream fix (rather than getting a way bigger/fattier ice cream cone at an ice cream shop or keeping it in the house.) Seems ironic that it's at McDonald's. Ha!

Gee, I had two fun size snickers last night too LOL. And I LOVE the McDonald's ice cream cones! Low calories for a nice treat!