Is it okay to have 'bad food' everyday?

Options

Replies

• ebenso1
    ebenso1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I try to eat good most of the time. I do allow myself 1 indulgence almost everyday. I love the Weight Watchers Rasberry and Dark Chocolate icecream bars, they are the Bomd Diggety! And I just make sure they fit into my calorie goal for the day. Remember your in this for life so you have to allow yourself a little splurge now and again.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    If you can keep to your calorie goals and maintain a basically healthy diet, sure. But you will probably be able to eat less and less as you lose weight. Some people have more success eliminating certain foods because they're tempted to go overboard and the amount they realistically can eat is quite small: Who wants a tablespoon of ice cream? Moderation doesn't work for everyone. If it does for you, go for it.

Remember that if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you will never be able to eat the way you did in the past.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have something "bad" most days. Although I don't consider anything that fits into my calories as bad.

^^^ This!

This and that. :smile:

Plus, I exercise like crazy, so my daily calorie goal is around or over 2000 most days. Even a 200 calorie candy bar is only 10% of my daily calories. But to be honest, I now prefer to have a 200 calorie chocolaty protein bar. Tastes great, more filling. :wink:

I'm big on pastas and breads, too, but I don't consider those "bad." I don't think of pizza as a bad food, either.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It depends what you mean by "okay". You probably will still lose for a while at least but it will be harder when you are close to your goal (sorry I actually didnt look at your stats so maybe you are). But its not good for you. Even though weight loss is mostly about calorie intake, health is not. Junk food is really junk, there are lots of things to consider other than weight loss when you eat that food.
  • indiralaksmi
    Options
    I think it's okay to eat bad food every now and then, but surely the fact that you refer to it as bad food gives you the clue that you shouldn't eat it everyday.

For most people this is the sort of thing that may have contributed to their current weight situation.

Honestly answer this question:

Do you think having a Big Mac for your lunch everyday is a good decision?

It's in essence the same as your opening question.

No, in fact I dont really like fast food.
    I still live w/ my parent. So if I cook my own meal, it's not gonna be efficient in term of cost.
    I have to follow what they eat. The thing is, we always have deep fried food in our menu.

I just treat myself w/ chocolate when am in my period or very bad mood. chocolate does help me to boost my mood.
  • lady4dave
    lady4dave Posts: 5
    Options
    This will be a lifetime commitment...so...a lifetime without "bad" food? I don't think so! Within your healthy stats I think should be OK..at least that will be my plan! :flowerforyou:
  • Mirror_Mirror
    Options
    This is a big issue for me. I have lost out to that "deprivation feeling" everyone keeps talking about. I think that its not about what is "ok" to do or "not ok" because for everyone that is different.

It's all about nutrition. You can maximize your weight loss by really going all in and cutting yourself off from what is considered to be "junk food". For most people, like myself, that isn't feasible. It's all about YOU... you can loose weight by simply living in a calorie deficit as has already been said.

The more nutritious the food is you are eating the better your body will feel. You will have more energy, burn more weight off faster (typically), and the list goes on. Just remember this is a LIFESTYLE change, that means you are changing your life forever. Do what you can live with and what will make you fulfilled and happy.

If I don't let myself have small indulgences I will fail and end up binging and being even worse off. Its all about what works for YOU and your lifestyle.You have to be prepared to make the choices for yourself and understand you and only you are ultimately responsible for the consequences of your actions.
  • indiralaksmi
    Options
    OP,

Please clarify what you mean by "bad food".

Regards,

Me

Like process food (chicken nugget, sausage, frozen pizza), or white rice, or white bread, or ice cream, or cheesecake etc etc.
    food that most diet guide book said that 'you can't eat that'
  • indiralaksmi
    Options
    I have a feeling that you are just looking for someone to agree with you to justify what you are going to do anyways. Am I right?

Hmm no.

I'm not from US, and my english is nt really good. So, it's a little difficult for me to write down what exactly I want to know.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    OP,

Please clarify what you mean by "bad food".

Regards,

Me

Like process food (chicken nugget, sausage, frozen pizza), or white rice, or white bread, or ice cream, or cheesecake etc etc.
    food that most diet guide book said that 'you can't eat that'

Lol

What makes white rice or bread worse then it's brown counterparts? And no reason you can't eat ice cream and stuff like that everyday
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The thing I have with having "bad food" every day is the fact that it becomes a habit of having it every day, & that can lead to having it more than once a day, etc etc.....If I had to have a "bad food", I would limit it to once a week. In my case I'm changing my whole way of thinking about food & exercise, & if I went to get some bad food at a fast food place, etc., eventually it wouldn't just lead to (one) bad food, but many, & I'm working too hard at this that to look even at a chicken nugget or fries isn't even worth it to me :) .
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Moderation, sure I guess. Saving your calories up so that you can have a blizzard and cheeseburger for a meal and that's your total calorie consumption for pretty much the day; absolutely not. Then you'll be wondering why you're starving later. I'm not going to beat myself up if I eat a piece of candy or something similar as long as I provided myself with the proper nutrients and good, filling food the rest of the day. But I refuse to take people seriously when they eat bad every day just as long as they are at/under their calorie goal. You are not changing anything here and you'll rebound with the weight if you don't accept the fact you have to change how you eat.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Moderation, sure I guess. Saving your calories up so that you can have a blizzard and cheeseburger for a meal and that's your total calorie consumption for pretty much the day; absolutely not. Then you'll be wondering why you're starving later. I'm not going to beat myself up if I eat a piece of candy or something similar as long as I provided myself with the proper nutrients and good, filling food the rest of the day. But I refuse to take people seriously when the eat bad every day just as long as they are their calorie goal. You are not changing anything here and you'll rebound with the weight if you don't accept the fact you have to change how you eat.

Perfectly said!!! :)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I am eating bananas and peanut butter right now as a snack... is that bad?

Cause it sure feels sinful

MMMmmmm
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Here's another solution to adding in treats, calculate exactly how many calories it has then before you indulge do enough exercise to cover yourself then you have earned that treat.... never take a treat unless you earn it. You will feel much better about it.
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

MMMmmmm

oh your mean... not the best thing but there are worse things. Bananas are fairly high glycemic and there is quite a lot fo fat in pb.... sort of a perfect storm, cause an insulin spike and supply the fat. French fries may be the worst food ever because of this, don't even get me started about poutne.... I eat freis once a year. after my last contest.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

MMMmmmm

Yum and no it's actually good. :) I ravish peanut butter everyday!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have something "bad" most days. Although I don't consider anything that fits into my calories as bad.

SNAP!
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I reckon so long as you're under your calories it's okay! If you deprive yourself of 'bad' foods you'll start craving them more & overdo it, so little & often does work :-)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight that way, but I've noticed that it's much easier to go over my calories eating bad food and it slowed down my weight loss. I just recently started trying to cut out fast food and junk from my diet, it's helped me keep my calories and sodium under control so far!