Spotting at 6 weeks?!..Ladies is this normal

Options
1235»

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Praying for you, dear! Positive thoughts!
  • apierce2010
    apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the prayers and positive thoughts!!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Just called the dr's office and levels went from 817 to 1994!! So they said that was great and now they're gonna set up my first appt and do my first ultrasound!! I'm so relieved and i pray that things will keep going well and the levels keep going up!!! For now i'm not going to do any physical activity at all and just try to relax and take it easy!! Thank you all so much for caring and sharing your experience and esp for all your prayers!!!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Just called the dr's office and levels went from 817 to 1994!! So they said that was great and now they're gonna set up my first appt and do my first ultrasound!! I'm so relieved and i pray that things will keep going well and the levels keep going up!!! For now i'm not going to do any physical activity at all and just try to relax and take it easy!! Thank you all so much for caring and sharing your experience and esp for all your prayers!!!!!!
    Awesome!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Didn't comment yesterday because my experience with that wasn't so good and I didn't want to alarm you, but I see today that your levels have more than doubled which is WONDERFUL! Great news.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Outstanding update!! :flowerforyou:
  • RavenSimone90
    Options
    I had some spotting with my first pregnancy, dr just told me to take it easy and to rest as much as possible. It stopped about the second day. Just try and relax dont stress out and you'll be fine
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Normal :-)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news. Sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It happened to me with my second baby, I noticed it more when I would do too much, like vacuuming, for example so I tried to not do too much stuff like that. My doc did several ultrasounds and everything was fine but it was scary!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!! Ya'll are all so wonderful!!! Just keep praying that everything keeps looking up!!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    OP you should try the website www.baby-gaga.com It has a great set of forums and can answer any and all pregnancy questions and questions for after your little one is born.
  • apierce2010
    Options
    It happened to me with my second baby, I noticed it more when I would do too much, like vacuuming, for example so I tried to not do too much stuff like that. My doc did several ultrasounds and everything was fine but it was scary!

I notice mine does more when i do anything so i've pretty much been doing nothing but sleeping when i get home...lol. But yes it's scary and i'm trying to do anything to keep the bleeding down and to help keep this pregnancy!!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I was spotting with my pregnancy but I did end up miscarrying so my story probably isn't a good one. I don't know if there was any correlation between the spotting and the miscarriage since it was a missed miscarriage though but what my doctor had told me about spotting is that its common but its not good and I was instructed not to lift to anything heavy or have intercourse. They also just checked my levels and did blood test, I think that's about all they can do I guess. My levels were normal until the 9th week and it was the ultrasound that had picked up the problem since he wasn't able to get a heart beat on it so then they checked my levels again and sent me to do a more detail ultrasound at the hospital and it had turned out my levels had dropped then.
  • stacyfoo
    stacyfoo Posts: 47
    Options
    that's wonderful news!! reading this thread scared me.. i'm 16 weeks pregnant, for the first time.. and incredibly paranoid!! best wishes to you throughout your experience! <3
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    For some its not normal, but for my daughter, she spotted entire pregnancy pretty much. Pay attention to the color of the spotting. If it is more of a brown, that is not a good sign. Either way, contact your nurse to be on the safe side!