Options

Replies

• GZinSea
    GZinSea Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sweet, sweet beer...
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    the worst mistake I ever did was to stop exercising and eat healthy because I reached my goal. Last year was almost the time of my life. I shredded 18 lbs doing zumba, and eating something healthy! After almost 2 months of the process I looked good, stayed in shape and got lots of compliments. I felt like on the top of the world. But I was thinking: " Oh yea, now as I've lost my extra weight, I don't need to eat healthy or work my *kitten* off", so I just didn't about what I ate (which was only crap and junk), and never worked out. In less than 5 weeks I gained 15 lbs plus some more. All the lbs I struggled to lose. So moral of the story: DONT STOP WORKOUT WHEN YOU'VE REACHED A GOAL YOU'VE SET! BECAUSE STAYING HEALTHY IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE, NOT A SHORT TERM FIX.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A good chunk of my weight gain came after my divorce. Eating (and drinking) like a bachelor is NOT healthy! My love of deep fried foods didn't help either. Lol.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    eating too much and NOT exercising !!!!!!!!!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I gained mine through my first pregnancy. When my daughter was born she was born with a cleft palate and that made it extremely hard for me to do much other then take care of her. After a few years I lost all my weight, but then got pregnant again and gained 53 pounds. I had to have a C section and from there I just didn't have the energy to exercise because I was working three jobs, which meant I was eating lots and lots of junk food.
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I graduated high school, which meant I lost my conditioning class. I didn't both exercising much after that, thinking "oh, im never gonna get fat!" because i was always 125 pounds in high school. One day i looked in the mirror, stepped on a scale to see 160 pounds and i was like Oh...my metabolism caught up with me I see. Oh and maybe I don't exercise. Oh and I eat like crap. Maybe it's time to make a change. And here I am! :D Best of luck to everyone!
  • Karenzky
    Karenzky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Before i gave birth at the age of 18 im a big eater, but i dont gain weight, i love to eat rice i can eat 3 cups of rice in one sitting, but after i gave birth i gain easily, but when i was pregnant i'm thin, i was 97 lbs 9 months pregnant with twins imagine that, im only 5 ft tall, now im 165, my heaviest 180
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I like food. A LOT!!!! It's a love/hate relationship now!!!
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I had low Iron as a kid. My mother was afraid because she thought I was going to die, since I was really skinny and pale skin. So she fed me a lot and blam, here I am today.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    By having an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    More or less ten or fifteen pounds a year slowly... and suddenly I had 50-60 pounds to lose. After a few years of dating post divorce i got tired of the shallow dating scene and the constant need to be "hot" all the time and began putting weight on. I think that subconsciously i wanted to focus on other more important things like my children and my career and allowed the gain. Now I just want to feel strong and healthy again and look wonderful for my guy (who loves me as I am).
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    By eating like a kid. Chips, pop, fast food, horribly overflowing pizzas, never drinking water, sleeping 5-6 hours a night. What a mess I was.
  • melscrum
    melscrum Posts: 27
    Options
    I remember when I hit 100 lbs on the scale. In third grade at 8 years old. I hit 200 lbs at 13 years old, and 300 lbs at 20 years old. I'm now 23 and 322 lbs (started out at 330). I've always been overweight but I've always found great comfort in food. Even now it's a foreign concept for me to not go to the bag of potato chips or candy when I'm not feeling overly full. But I'm a work in progress and everyday gets easier =)
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The first time round, being brought up with bad food choices, always taught to clear my plate, having a serious sweet tooth, etc.

The second time 'round, recovering from EDNOS badly; I stopped the restricting/purging but I was not taught how to break my unhealthy relationship with food, so I kept binging.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I worked at a Chick-Fil-A my senior year of high school.. and with the stress of AP classes and drama practice on top of a 30 hour a week job I did not work out to counter the meals I would eat at CFA during my lunch x.x
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thyroid

For the first time in my life I have to pay attention to what I eat and I've not done an awesome job of that so far. Let's just say that I finally understand why dieting can be so difficult.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I gained mine when my boyfriend got a job and all we did was go out to eat fast food with no exercise :s
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Ate too much, exercised too little.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Eating almost entirely junk food and never ever exercising. I relied on my job to up my TDEE, and it did, but couldn't support the low quality food I was eating.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I always ate unhealthy snacks and whatnot as a child on top of my Asian diet. I was never overweight as a child, and was even considered skinny by my friends/other people. I was always a little bigger than other Asian children my age though, they were usually stick thin ;x.

I was considered skinny throughout middle school and high school too, and I ate a loooottttt . . . but pounds didn't really start to show until I finished my first year in college, and my mother made a remark of how fat I've gotten, (I was 130 at 5'2"). Asians are extremely harsh about weight. If you're fat, you're disgusting, and lazy, and all you do is stuff your face, as so my family likes to describe. o____o Working on getting down to 95-100 for my sister's wedding, she'd starve me if I wasn't skinny enough since I'm one of her bridesmaids and she's all about the aesthetics XP.