How did y'all gain your weight?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    Pregnancy - I would get lectured by my doctor because she said I was too heavy to begin with to be gaining much weight at all, so I got to the point during my pregnancy all I would eat was popcorn...to keep from gaining weight..it didn't last long..so I packed it back on..
    Being unhappy= Eat
    Being unemployed = Not moving enough
    Not caring enough about myself to do something about it.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My problem was multi-pronged:

-Low self esteem. If I couldn't ever be pretty why did my weight matter. (obviously, this line of thinking has changed)
    -I loved snacking in front of the tv. My favorite was making cookie dough and eating it raw.
    -What's exercise?
    -What's portion control?
  • ksandford
    ksandford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eating for ten during my pregnancy!!!!!!!! I've always been very controlled with my eating and exercise and when I was pregnant I just seemed to go a bit mad and put on 3 and half stone!!!!! I've lost 3 stone so far :happy:
  • SLBry6024
    SLBry6024 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Four kids in 6 years.
    After each baby I lost the weigh but thats when hubby got my pregant again. But with the last one I got my tubes done and found that my body did not work or lose the weigh the same way. so for the past few years I have been re-learning my body
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I've always been fat lol.. since birth... spoiled rotten.. I have to admit I still find it odd when I see a child in the grocery store, that grabs a candy at the checkout and the parents say NO. Ive always equated that to poor people because my parents never told me no. Only time I remember a No is when my mom said she didn't have the money. Which was very rare. So its bizarre to see that even to this day even though as an adult I know, it has nothing to do with money and you're not suppose to get candy whenever you want, if the ice cream truck comes down your street 5 times you're not suppose to go 5 times....when I was little I always thought it was bizarre and only poor people, thought mcdonalds and pizza was a treat, I remember my neighbors had never had pound cake and they were happy to get cake and I had two loaves yes two loaves of pound cake in my hands and I shared it with them, that was my first inclining that you weren't suppose to eat whatever you wanted, I remember the neighbor kids on the other side had their doritos in lunch bags portioned, that was the weirdest thing I thought why can't they eat as much as they want...

In high school my best friend never ate out until she met me and I remember going to her house and she had a whole cupboard full of plastic taco bell cups and she would tell.me fast food use to be a treat until I met u.. her and her family, her boyfriends family etc ate out everyday after meeting me, my good friend now that I have only known for a year plus told me Friday I never ate out before you, now I eat out everyday, I remember when I was little McDonalds was a treat, now all food is nasty and just food.. I.mean dang I have corrupted everyone...

Basically just being able to eat whatever I wanted. I've never been a glutton.. I've never really eaten mass amounts of food just calorie dense garbage and snacks with very little exercise.

The crazy thing is I will spoil my kids rotten too.. they wont think cake or fast food is a treat but simply food... but within limits. If I go to the store 4 times they wont get 4 candy bars or 4 bags of chips.. they wont think they can eat anything and it wont have results.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    A **** ton of psychotropic drugs.