TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    Excellent information, if not a bit confusing. I plugged in my numbers at the Fitness Frog Site:

BMI: 26.13
    RMR: 2268
    BMR: 2269
    TDEE: 3517

If I'm reading correctly, I should never be below the BMR number if I want to continue losing (I'm within 12 pounds of my target). At this point, I'm really more concerned about adding some of the muscle back that I lost while staying in the 1500-1750 Calorie range. The weight is insignificant if I could lower my Body Fat %.

What number should I plug into the MFP calculators for food tracking?

REPLY: 3517 - 15% = 2989
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    Excellent information, if not a bit confusing. I plugged in my numbers at the Fitness Frog Site:

BMI: 26.13
    RMR: 2268
    BMR: 2269
    TDEE: 3517

If I'm reading correctly, I should never be below the BMR number if I want to continue losing (I'm within 12 pounds of my target). At this point, I'm really more concerned about adding some of the muscle back that I lost while staying in the 1500-1750 Calorie range. The weight is insignificant if I could lower my Body Fat %.

What number should I plug into the MFP calculators for food tracking?

REPLY: 3517 - 15% = 2989

2989 is the numbers you for daily cals on mfp.....
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Many thanks. I'll give this a try. Man, that sounds like an awful lot to eat though, I'll have to get creative with my menus.
  • looking4lisa
    looking4lisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    Many thanks. I'll give this a try. Man, that sounds like an awful lot to eat though, I'll have to get creative with my menus.

Your Welcome ...
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    tdee-15% are these calories consumed or net eating after exercise cal burned. i exercise 5 days a week do i eat back or does tdee includes exercise.

confused
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    tdee-15% are these calories consumed or net eating after exercise cal burned. i exercise 5 days a week do i eat back or does tdee includes exercise.

confused

REPLY ....

NO... THis would be the gross amount noy your net amount...
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I put myself as sedentary. Mostly because I have a desk job--M-F 40 hours a week.

I workout 6 to 7 days a week. Usually do tae bo, or chris freytag extreme workouts. On weekends I may do a bit more, like yard work etc.

Should I keep myself as sedentary?
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I put myself as sedentary. Mostly because I have a desk job--M-F 40 hours a week.

I workout 6 to 7 days a week. Usually do tae bo, or chris freytag extreme workouts. On weekends I may do a bit more, like yard work etc.

REPLY : I would try the sedentary figures first and see how your body responds ....If the weight is not budging with it then I would bump it up to moderately active....
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rcwible83
    rcwible83 Posts: 42
    Options
    BUMP :huh:
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Good Info ... Thanks for sharing ! ~
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Holy cow, 6-7 days? Is that about an hour a day? You might be getting into some over-training syndrome there too, if every day is intense. That can have negative effects too.

Oh, those activity levels are based on 1hr of exercise on those days, so if you really have 6-7 hrs a week, that is indeed Very Active. If not real intense each day because of good balance, round down the final figure to nearest 100's perhaps.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    If you put yourself as sedentary then log your workouts and eat back those calories, if you put yourself as very active, which you are, then do not eat back the calories.
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    If you put yourself as sedentary then log your workouts and eat back those calories, if you put yourself as very active, which you are, then do not eat back the calories.

Reply :
    If you are using fitness frog calculations you do not eat back calories at all unless your numbers fall below your bmr then you eat them back atleast up to your bmr number.
  • Smuterella
    Options

Reply :
    If you are using fitness frog calculations you do not eat back calories at all unless your numbers fall below your bmr then you eat them back atleast up to your bmr number.

Where did you get that from? Surely if someone puts themself in as sedentary when they are in fact active, then they need to eat those cals back - regardless of the calculator. The only time you would not eat exercise calories back would be if you did not include the exercise in your TDEE...
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Smuterella
    Options
    ^ apologies for the above post - (written BC - before caffeine)

you would NOT eat exercise calories back if they are already included in TDEE