TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• Booboo125
    Booboo125 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I got the information from researching the Eat More to Weigh Less Group. The statement is based on tons of researching the forum , threads, link and videos. That advice is for those who are interested in starting the eat more to weigh less guidelines. BUT.. I have continuously expressed throughout this thread everything can be tweaked to your personal needs and this is not a one size fit all journey. So by all means if that's how you do it that's fine...We have a total different opion which is okay. I mentioned the fitness frog because that's the entire thread based on your numbers including your tdee which in that case Im suggesting not to eat calories back unless your under your bmr.
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Welcome to The Matrix Neo!
    =D
    matrix-13.gif
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I got the information from researching the Eat More to Weigh Less Group. The statement is based on tons of researching the forum , threads, link and videos. That advice is for those who are interested in starting the eat more to weigh less guidelines. BUT.. I have continuously expressed throughout this thread everything can be tweaked to your personal needs and this is not a one size fit all journey. So by all means if that's how you do it that's fine...We have a total different opion which is okay. I mentioned the fitness frog because that's the entire thread based on your numbers including your tdee which in that case Im suggesting not to eat calories back unless your under your bmr.

Oh, I've read that group too, hence asking.

I totally agree with not eating under BMR, but my understanding of the entire basis of that group is that your TDEE always includes your exercise. Perhaps I missed something about sedentary. :-)
  • jet221
    jet221 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'll be on this band wagon right away!
  • TRUDIVA88
    TRUDIVA88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    If you put yourself as sedentary then log your workouts and eat back those calories, if you put yourself as very active, which you are, then do not eat back the calories.

Reply :
    If you are using fitness frog calculations you do not eat back calories at all unless your numbers fall below your bmr then you eat them back atleast up to your bmr number.

Where did you get that from? Surely if someone puts themself in as sedentary when they are in fact active, then they need to eat those cals back - regardless of the calculator. The only time you would not eat exercise calories back would be if you did not include the exercise in your TDEE...

• Booboo125
    Booboo125 Posts: 3
    Options
    OK just to be sure. I did the calculator and got my numbers so I need to stay at my TDEE minus 15%. The only time I need to make sure I eat my calories back is if I fall under my BMR? I am so happy i found this. I started doing Insanity and no way could 1200 calories help me on that! so I was trying to figure out my calories base. Thanks for the info!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    Sounds complicated
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Good for you OP for posting this! I just I'd the same on my blog!! People are starting to listen thankfully! No skin off my back but at least I don't have to hear them complain that they are starving anymore! Lol! EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS!!! CHEERS!
  • pandasmama3
    pandasmama3 Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Sounds complicated

It is so not complicated! If you want help just ask and we can help you figure out exactly how many calories you should be eating to lose!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options

Oh, I've read that group too, hence asking.

I totally agree with not eating under BMR, but my understanding of the entire basis of that group is that your TDEE always includes your exercise. Perhaps I missed something about sedentary. :-)

I think we were answering at the same time...
    Your apology is appreciated !!!
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you put yourself as sedentary then log your workouts and eat back those calories, if you put yourself as very active, which you are, then do not eat back the calories.

Reply :
    If you are using fitness frog calculations you do not eat back calories at all unless your numbers fall below your bmr then you eat them back atleast up to your bmr number.

Where did you get that from? Surely if someone puts themself in as sedentary when they are in fact active, then they need to eat those cals back - regardless of the calculator. The only time you would not eat exercise calories back would be if you did not include the exercise in your TDEE...

If you do your TDEE correctly it would have to include exercise, otherwise is just wrong. If you then eat back your exercise then you are eating more than you burn (or at least are not taking off the full 15%)
  • tsmith67
    tsmith67 Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump