TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • chelleyr9
    chelleyr9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the info! I have not been counting cals' lately , to take a break I guess. Now I have decided to stay around 1,600 to 2,000, I feel better and wont go to bed hungry therefore no night eating!! I have been eating a lot the last week and I think I lost a little!! My clothes are getting looser, but I am going to be keeping track now , and eating only healthy things. I also burn around 250-800 cal's a day.
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by metabolism reset? Thanks for all this info - who knew losing weight was so technical!?!
    (What's Bump mean???)
    Thanks...
    (new person)

Bump is so that it stays at the top of the list. The posts are sorted by last posted date, so if you add any comment it is nearer the top when you want to search for it later.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    So if my TDEE is 2231 - 20%
    I should eat 1785 a day
    Is that gross or net?
  • debzv
    debzv Posts: 23
    Options
    bump
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information!
  • Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    did they give u the answer..cuz my bmr is 3245.2 and my tdee is 5598
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    did they give u the answer..cuz my bmr is 3245.2 and my tdee is 5598
    I guarantee your BMR is not over 3000. Make sure you're using the right units of measurement :P
  • ironanimal
    Options
    So if my TDEE is 2231 - 20%
    I should eat 1785 a day
    Is that gross or net?

Gross. You eat that same amount regardless of exercise, except if you complete a particularly intense workout and find yourself burning like 1000+. In that case, you would eat back to above your BMR.
  • AimeeKessler
    AimeeKessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So, if you have a FitBit, and you're eating 15% less than the burned calories it calculates, that's the same as eating TDEE-15%, right?

(Sorry if this is answered elswhere!!)
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    MY tdee is 2530. Does this make sence. If i subtract 15% it brings me to 2150. It seems like way too much. Right now im eating 1200-1600 a day depending if i exercise. My weight is moving so slow, but the inches arent moving at all, especially in my midsection. I exercise about 3 times a week but its usually a very high calorie burn when i do. MY diary is open. can someone suggest anything to me?
  • ironanimal
    Options
    MY tdee is 2530. Does this make sence. If i subtract 15% it brings me to 2150. It seems like way too much. Right now im eating 1200-1600 a day depending if i exercise. My weight is moving so slow, but the inches arent moving at all, especially in my midsection. I exercise about 3 times a week but its usually a very high calorie burn when i do. MY diary is open. can someone suggest anything to me?

It makes sense. You're young and quite active, so your BMR and thus TDEE is higher. If you try that for a month or so and find it doesn't work, just knock 100 off and try that for a month.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Interesting...bump
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emalbright
    emalbright Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories on Saturday and I have already lost 2lbs. Definitely was not eating enough and not eating the right things. Sticking to this plan for a while!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This is the seriously the THIRD time TODAY I have seen this...and even though i have lost inches, and down almost 2 sizes, i've been in a scale plateau for nearly a few months. JUST started today trying to figure out maintainence cals etc to eat more... trully ghoping this kicks things into gear...thanks for all the great info!!!

REPLY: YOUR WELCOME...CONGRATS ON A 94 lb WEIGHT LOST...

:) Thank you! Hoping and praying rebooting my stubborn, sleeping metabolism makes that ticker start running again! ;)
  • Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thanks i did it wrong...bmr 1493 tdee 2314