TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• Jezbell05
    Jezbell05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... I have no idea how I am going to consume1946 calories in one day, but I'll give it a go. I've always been an "under eater" and have difficulty with putting away 1500 calories... Wish me luck!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    According to the formula my TDEE-15% is coming out to be 2005, so does that mean I need to eat that much daily to lose weight? With a 1522 BMR, aren't I taking in 500 more calories than necessary? If I want to lose 1 lb a week, how does that factor in to the number of calories I consume?

if you got the activity level right with hours a week of exercise, yes, that much daily to lose weight. You must work out a lot.
    Is not 2005 less than the total TDEE figure of 2359? Doesn't that mean weight lost?

But, if you ate 1500 every day.
    And your exercise just by itself took avg 400 daily of that.
    How much exactly does the body have left to use on all other activities, including the BMR functions?
    So you would be forcing your body to get by on 1100 cal for BMR functions, when it was willing to burn 1500, sound good?
    Wait long enough, and your TDEE is no longer as high, because your BMR is no longer as high.
    Eventually you find yourself basically eating at maintenance or very slightly less, that would be a weight loss stall.

Now, go read through all the posts in this topic again, and count how many say they have or had stalled.

What you want to lose each week has little bearing on what you can realistically lose each week for an extended period of time.

Exact same way you selecting Sedentary originally had very little bearing on what you really burned each day in activity.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So, I guess I will bump my calories up.... EEK! I've been having a hard time eating my calories as it is on some days. I sure hope this works. :indifferent:
  • _Brandy_
    _Brandy_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm going to give this a try even though it scares me. I've plateaued and thought it was b/c I have been eating too much but perhaps it's not enough. Anyway I have nothing to lose at this point.

Thanks. Gulp. Fingers crossed.
  • frankhuerta
    frankhuerta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • frilly7483
    frilly7483 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm going to give this a try even though it scares me. I've plateaued and thought it was b/c I have been eating too much but perhaps it's not enough. Anyway I have nothing to lose at this point.

Thanks. Gulp. Fingers crossed.

^^^Me, too! But I'm going to go for it!!! Good luck!
  • lilah808
    lilah808 Posts: 60
    Options
    Marking this for later. Good stuff, thank you.
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    ~ Bump - might as well as try this method b/c not seeing the results I'd like as far as lbs lost goes but am losing inches from the 3 - 4 days of cardio that I do! Though if I calculated this correctly, my BMR is 1671 and my TDEE is 2590 so my total daily calorie intake would be 2200 which seems like a lot of calories to fit into one day. :-)

REPLY :

Your figures are correct .... It seems like a lot at first but your body adjust. If you can't eat them you can drink them.

For example

Slimfast 220 calories
    Jillian whey powder 100 calories
    Half banana 55 calories

220 + 100 + 55 lbs = 375. calories in a glass.

All mixed in a blender with a few cubes of ice.
    Nuts are also high in calories as a snack during the day...
    Peanut butter is a great source of protein with high calories.
    Just a few ideas...
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great post! That is also how I broke my own plateau just now!

I second eating nuts (raw and unsalted) to make your calorie goal if you cannot achieve it otherwise!
  • NicoleLyn1818
    NicoleLyn1818 Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later...
  • Stripple
    Stripple Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • oxanel
    oxanel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • asongforholly
    asongforholly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I inadvertently did this over the weekend. I had two days way over my calorie goal (much closer to my CUT of 1999) and got on the scale today to a 2lb loss. I was like "What?"

/crosses fingers.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    bump =)
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    LOL I wasn't sure if that was it or not............

So I should expect a slight gain the first couple of weeks as my body adjust to the higher calorie intake and then back to losing if I read everything correctly.

Thanks a bunch

Reply :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience
  • nvestli
    nvestli Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile: