TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• cristenjo
    cristenjo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    B
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    TDEE 2091
    BMI 26.56 Overweight
    RMR 1333
    BMR 1349

2091- 15% (313.65)=1777.35 So I should eat 1700 calories a day?
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    TDEE 2091
    BMI 26.56 Overweight
    RMR 1333
    BMR 1349

2091- 15% (313.65)=1777.35 So I should eat 1700 calories a day?

About 1750 sould be pretty good .....
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    what confuses me is that the formula takes into account your activity level but everyone burns differnt amount of cals. I mean, for me, I work out 6x a day for about 30 min each day. I plug it into MFP and it tells me I burn 250 calories. but I see people work out for that same amount of time and burn twice that.
  • Fashionnerd22
    Fashionnerd22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    what confuses me is that the formula takes into account your activity level but everyone burns differnt amount of cals. I mean, for me, I work out 6x a day for about 30 min each day. I plug it into MFP and it tells me I burn 250 calories. but I see people work out for that same amount of time and burn twice that.
    [/quote{

REPLY :

Yes thats correct... some burn more....Alot of mfp members rely on heart rate monitors, body bugs and body fit medias to know what they burn. This is formula to get a ball park figure of what amount to eat so your body is properly fueled.
  • verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    bump!
  • Ironducky
    Ironducky Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok my BMR is 1519, and my TDEE is 2354. So I should eat 15% less than the 2354? I'm sorry if I sound slow, but this confuses me so much and I am stuck in a 4 month plateau. Losing some inches, but no pounds. Thanks so much!! I have tried eating back all my calories, and it doesnt seem to be helping. Maybe this is what I need??

I'm in the same boat. I am eating more than 1200 now but losing only ounces if anything each week. But, when I was eating 1200, I pretty much didn't lose anything. I started this journey in January, and have just now lost only 10 lbs. I'm so afraid this won't work for me, but I'm at my wits end. I have lost a few inches, but now, I've also stepped up the exercise to include Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack in addition to my other workouts. Anyway, thanks everyone for the inspiration. Wish me luck.
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ~ Bump - might as well as try this method b/c not seeing the results I'd like as far as lbs lost goes but am losing inches from the 3 - 4 days of cardio that I do! Though if I calculated this correctly, my BMR is 1671 and my TDEE is 2590 so my total daily calorie intake would be 2200 which seems like a lot of calories to fit into one day. :-)
  • Zonera15
    Zonera15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    According to the formula my TDEE-15% is coming out to be 2005, so does that mean I need to eat that much daily to lose weight? With a 1522 BMR, aren't I taking in 500 more calories than necessary? If I want to lose 1 lb a week, how does that factor in to the number of calories I consume?
  • moosmumma
    moosmumma Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi thanks for sharing this. It makes perfect sense to me. I had a week away and only exercised once. I ate all maner of foods and went way over my 1200 cals MFP had calculated. I came back expecting to break the scales but found I'd actually lost 1.5 kg! I will keep you updated on my progress. Have been stuck for well over 2 months and just seem to be maintaining it.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Interesting. bumping for later
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OK so I have the figures but need help !!!!!!!!!!

Fitness Frog has me as follows

BMR 1894
    TDEE 2604
    Cut 2213

So what should my calorie intake be???????

MFP has me at 1420
  • megamom3kck
    megamom3kck Posts: 115
    Options
    Bump for later -

Explains why I lost weight before on 1800 but seem to be stagnant now at 1600. Interesting!
  • 3Sarah333
    3Sarah333 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • amypitsor
    amypitsor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    OK so I have the figures but need help !!!!!!!!!!

Fitness Frog has me as follows

BMR 1894
    TDEE 2604
    Cut 2213

So what should my calorie intake be???????

MFP has me at 1420

Well, you got it right there - 2213, just make it even 2200.

Every single day until you lose 5 lbs, then recalc time. Or workout routine changes number of hrs / wk, then recalc.
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LOL I wasn't sure if that was it or not............

So I should expect a slight gain the first couple of weeks as my body adjust to the higher calorie intake and then back to losing if I read everything correctly.

Thanks a bunch