What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist! Not much physical activity. Mostly sitting... so I bust my butt in the gym!!
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am a dental assistant, so I am sitting down pretty much 90% of my work day. My only exercise is walking, I walk 20 mins to and from the train station to get home, plus all my other treks throughout the day, like when I go to get lunch, and walking to and from the station to get to work.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    teacher. running up and down stairs all day. then i go home and work out. pretty wiped out by the end of the day to say the least.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a physical therapist. Always on my feet, moving around, demonstrating exercises, lifting/transferring/walking patients, doing exercises on them, etc. Before, my job is one of my main excuse for not exercising. I will tell myself, that I'm so tired from work, that I burn cal at work and its a form of exercise and that I need a good rest and good meal when I get home coz I worked too hard. But now, not anymore. Today, I was so tired from work, no energy for exercise but I pushed myself. I burned 788 cal today doing Insanity, treadmill and weights. I workout 6x/week now and never a day that I skip any workout.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I write the monthly newsletter for my dad's company from my home computer & then email it to his technical assistant at the main branch who then sends it out to the 4 other branches of his company.
    In other words, I sit on my butt most of the time. My other job is a housewife, so I also get to spend my days cleaning this house.
    I was almost killed in a car accident in '89 & am not able to work outside the house due to the head injury that the accident caused. Our kids are grown & my husband has another 6 years until he retires, so I don't see my life getting any more thrilling until the day he retires.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Currently I design websites. Formerly, before numerous joint problems, I was a tennis pro. When you go from being extremely active to sedentary without changing your eating habits the pounds pile on. :(
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm a receptionist / admin assistant.

Start my day at 8 covering reception, then move into my office about 11 to do some other work, but I'm normally back and forth from reception and into the lab giving out work - then from 2.30 til 4.30 I'm back on reception - so there is some walking round, especially if we have people off sick, then I spend more time running back and forth from reception.

But I walk to and from work, and my tea breaks I sit up on the roof, so that involves going up 3 flights of stairs every time, then get in and do 30DS and another DVD (Target toning) when I get in.

And then after that sometimes, when I do get in I get to do housework as well :)
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am a personal assistant to an elderly woman. I am on my feet most of the time at work. My hours vary but I don't work more than 4-5 a day. I have lots of free time to workout. I love running.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I run my own part time beauty salon. I also look after an autistic child part time and Im studying personal training.
  • magmendoza
    magmendoza Posts: 5
    Options
    I'M A NURSE, MY JOB IS VERY ACTIVE, BUT I ALSO HAVE A LOT OF LOVELY PATIENTS THAT UNFORTUNATELY LIKE TO SHOW THEIR APPRECIATION BY BRINGING SWEET TREATS, IF NOT FOR MY JOB I THINK I WOULD BE MUCH HEAVIER
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What do I do for a living...Unofficially, I'm awesome. All day, every day. Officially, I'm a security officer and sit at a desk for 12 hour shifts. I plan out my meals though and make sure to pack enough food and healthy snacks for the duration of the day to keep me away from the snack machines.
  • Meg_85
    Meg_85 Posts: 43
    Options
    I just finished being a full time graduate student. So between interning,classes, and working what free time I have as a substitute teacher it has been a whole lot of sitting. It's taken a drastic lifestyle change in this past year but it's been successful in I've lost 34lbs since July 1st last year, but the sitting was a huge barrier. I'm hoping now my future job will allow me more activity.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm a cashier, so I'm on my feet all day, standing, bending, lifting, walking... I don't know exactly how many calories I burn, so I usually just tack on an extra 500 for an 8 hour shift.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    housewife
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    im a substitute teacher. I try to circulate the classroom and avoid constantly sitting. To work out, I use the exercise machines in my apartment building.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home-mom to 5 kids: ages 2, 6, 7, 8, 12. I stay busy cleaning up after a family of 7 lol... and running. Lots of running... to stay sane :D
  • jenna324
    jenna324 Posts: 28
    Options
    Nutritionist/food scientist! The best part about my field is being in the kitchen. I love creating new & fun recipes for my patients that are also healthy! The only time I get physically exhausted (or even break a sweat) is when I have a lot of things being prepared at once (e.g. various foods) Otherwise it's mostly done sitting down. When I make meal plans for patients, it'll take me 2-3 hours-ish so I'm sitting on my bum.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm a political agent (known in the US as a campaign manager). At non election times my job is mostly desk based, at election times I'm out and about a lot more but also working ridiculous hours which makes it harder to eat well.
  • Twidget12
    Twidget12 Posts: 71
    Options
    ICU RN, some nights are go go go, some are sit sit sit. On my off days I am a walker. I get around 20-30 miles a week in not counting my walking at work. Hoping to add more soon.

^This I totally relate to, I'm a CNA at a Long Term Enhanced Care facility. On my days off and sometimes after 12 hour shifts I am a walker/beginner jogger :)
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm a hair stylist. =)

Me too! May I ask what you have your activity level set to? Mine is set at lightly active. Just curious!