You face looks too thin......

Options
124»

Replies

• gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Somebody has what somebody else wants! If you are big, you here about that. If you are thin you hear about that. You have to be happy with you. It's hard when family gives no support, but your lifestyle change is for you,right? Its not for them. I just smile and say thanks. It makes them mad and they leave me alone. Just keep at it! You're doing great!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    "Thanks for the concern, but my weight loss isn't really up for discussion."

BOOM! That's really all that needs to be said.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the comments I've gotten. People I hardly know (whose opinions I have never solicited!) have told me not to lose any more weight! A relative got a nasty tone of voice and said, "You are so THIN!!! are you OKAY???" She even had the temerity to ask me what size I am. Uh, the same size I was when I got married at the wedding you attended?

One friend said to me in a very unpleasant, sneering tone, "You seem to have gotten back to your pre-pregnancy size and even lost MORE" as if it was a very bad thing. Note that she's never seen me at my pre-pregnancy weight so she wouldn't know what that is! ;)

Not in a gazillion years would I ever comment if someone gained weight. Because that would be, you know, RUDE? And none of my business. The only acceptable comment on someone's appearance is "You look great!" That's it. If you don't have anything nice to say then keep your trap shut!

I do think some of it must be jealousy. If there was true, loving concern it would feel like concern.

After all these comments I asked my DH if he thought I was too thin. He said no, he thought I looked great and he was proud of how hard I was working and of the goals I was achieving. And his opinion is the only one I actually care about. Plus he's never had any comments about my body besides telling me he likes it. ;D So he's a great support.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. I couldn't do it anywhere else!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I get these kinds of stupid and rude comments all the time. Im not gonna like I'm a total b!tch in response to them too (people making stupid comments and not minding their own business is my biggest pet peeve) I've noticed most people are smart enough to keep their mouth shut after I snap at them.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don't let the voices in their heads stop you from accomplishing your goal. I get a variety of comments from people in my family, but usually it is discouragement for other reasons...like you've tried this and tried that, what are you trying this time? Well the point is, I haven't always been successful, but I do keep trying...better than giving up. So keep your focus, remember that people who are feeling bad about themselves sometimes make the most comments...because you are doing something for you and they aren't doing something for themselves. Keep the faith (and keep that husband of yours...he sounds like a keeper!)
  • icreate
    Options
    how to avoid guant face :smile: