What is the best thing about losing weight for you?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The amount of energy I have gained and the ability to do some of the things I hadn't wanted to do or try to do because of my weight! But, the BEST thing is knowing that I am IMPROVING my health for the long term!!! And, I owe a debt of thanks to my MFP friends for that! THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    edit, another thing and it's kind of petty. But going shopping. I used to hate shopping. It was practically traumatic and I left the store feeling worse about myself because I felt like everything looked awful. Now I actually enjoy the shopping. Trying on and buying clothes that I never in a million years would have even attempted previously.

That is not petty, it's wonderful! You have gone from being the unhappy girl in the clothes store to the happy girl in the clothes store.

Look at the other replies in this thread. Most people have mentioned getting back into smaller clothes, shopping for new ones or just being comfortable in the Mall. I cannot wait to get back into my purple levis. In fact I have them picked out as my outfit for my 'after' photo :):)

Completely agree! I don't know how many times I've cried in dressing rooms or on my way home from shopping. When I had to buy new jeans, especially when the reason was because the jeans I was wearing were too small, I dreaded it. Trying on clothes is one time I couldn't pretend everything was fine. I couldn't say "oh I haven't gained THAT much" when I was trying on pants 4 sizes larger than I wore in high school and early college. One of my wakeup calls was seeing a picture at this past year's company holiday party. I had bought a new, slinky one-shoulder black dress, and I thought I looked pretty good (after putting on a gut-squishing undergarment of course). Then I saw the picture. At work. On the company shared drive. I cried at my desk- couldn't help it. And I couldn't delete the picture. It's now there forever. I couldn't believe THAT'S what I looked like. But this year- I'm determined to look good :) I refuse to look at that old picture right now but I can't wait to put it next to this year's party photo and see the change!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Finally being able to lose the weight I'd been saying for years I wanted to lose, dropping a pants size, lowering total cholesterol to 140, triglycerides to 74, cutting my diabetes meds (hope to be able to eliminate them soon...) At 71, it's about time..., but better late than never.

At 71! You are amazing!

You are the candidate for my "secret crush" on this thread :) - I keep seeing posts saying 'I am 33 / 43 / 53 - have I left it too late to lose the weight?!?' and here you are, 71 and owning it like a king! *Respect*
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The new friends I have made at my stomach :)
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The best thing is being able to use my body to do stuff "regular" people can do. Roller coasters, sitting in plastic lawn chairs, skiing, bicycling, ice skating, diving, are all NOT fat friendly. I also look forward to fitting into an airplane seat without problems. The flight to Japan from Virginia was really awful!