No Open Diary

Options

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am 29 years old, I am quite capable of making decisions for myself if I want to eat 1500 calories in fried chicken and cotton candy that is my choice... although I hate cotton candy so it would more likely be 1500 calories in ice cream and steak but thats me.

I do not even track my exercise here...or click complete on my journal soooo if my friends on here have an issue with that they know how to delete me.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It is no one's business whether my melons weigh 130 grams or more.

I eat well, talk about the types of food I eat, and offer advice if someone asks me to look at their diary. Otherwise, I'm not their babysitter and they aren't mine, either.
    may i help you weigh your melons?
    You can weigh one and duharforstået can weigh the other.
    I think we will need weight them many times ,just to be sure.
    Fan herself. Is it hot in here all the sudden?
    I definitely think so, to combat this problem we should remove our clothes to allow body cooling to occur.
    Repeat to herself. " he is 20 years old, he is 20 years old, he is 20 years old. Bad bad Yanicka"
    20 is legal.
    And I completely agree. We need a certain temperature for accurate weighing.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

I eat well, talk about the types of food I eat, and offer advice if someone asks me to look at their diary. Otherwise, I'm not their babysitter and they aren't mine, either.
    I definitely think so, to combat this problem we should remove our clothes to allow body cooling to occur.
    Repeat to herself. " he is 20 years old, he is 20 years old, he is 20 years old. Bad bad Yanicka"
    20 is legal.

must not imagine everyone naked...
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Funny. I come to the community for support and discuss what I can do to modify my own behavior, and see the all inspiring pictures!!! As for my diary, that's just it. My diary. I don't accept friendship with people I don't know. My best friend and I are working on this together. She can see everything I log. We discuss in our open wall. We blog. There is nothing wrong with being private and not sharing every little detail of your day with everyone. Weight loss and weight management is personal. It's so much more than food in/out. It is an emotional journey. Everyone's journey is different. Good luck to you on yours :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options

20 is legal.

Why not I do it all the time... I mean.... no thats what I mean
  • CoryIda
    Options
    20 is legal.
    Why not I do it all the time... I mean.... no thats what I mean
    I consider that my cardio.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    to the people who have their diaries private or have chosen not to log for whatever the reason you might have... do you have friends here that are people you dont know or just here to have a place to log and keep track of macros?

just curious
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    I keep my diary locked. If anyone truly wanted to see it, they ask for the key. I don't like being judged about what I eat... so people who really care can look.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options
    to the people who have their diaries private or have chosen not to log for whatever the reason you might have... do you have friends here that are people you dont know or just here to have a place to log and keep track of macros?

just curious

I actually consider pretty much everyone on my friends list really good friends...they have been with me for a long time and have held my metaphorical hand through some pretty crap stuff and talked me off the ice cream ledge of doom more than once... I keep my diary private because I just don't care to have suggestions on what I eat and if I do not track because I just don't feel like it than no one is going to go "you will not succeed if you do not track" I can criticize my self for not doing something I do not need people on my F-list doing it too..
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options

depending on the person it is totally cardio...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

just curious

I have tons of friends here, and I love them dearly. However...I don't need a cheerleading section to help me keep to my goals (though I love their input when they are congratulating me on a great workout etc...it makes me smile, but I'd have worked out just as hard even if they didn't). If that were the case, I'd never be able to reach them or maintain them on my own. Motivation MUST come from within. I mean...it's one thing to get a little help on a slow day, but if you can't do this for you...it's never going to work, either short term OR long term.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Many people believe they can be accountable to THEMSELVES -- the main purpose of joining this site -- by logging their calories without exposing their eating habits to people they don't know, and some of whom are obviously extremely wrongheaded and self-righteous.

If I followed a lot of the information I read on this site I have no doubt I'd be overweight.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

I no longer have a girlfriend. I've put on 5lbs in a month.

Not having that seriously effective cardio...is bad for my waistline.../sigh!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options

It really is the best kind of cardio... you should probably find someone to rectify that cardio issue.
  • CoryIda
    Options

That's why I post my tongue pictures. To help you with your cardio.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    My diary is not open. My choice. I did not ask for accountability from anyone. Just logging is accountability for me. I can lie all I want on the computer but lying to myself is fruitless. I know. Why do you think you need to know someone else's calories? I had lapsed into very bad practices because I had to weigh in front of someone else. Do you need to know my exercise, too? I fi want others to know I'll join a group where I have to do that.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

It really is the best kind of cardio... you should probably find someone to rectify that cardio issue.

I'm trying...no one wants me.

/sigh...
    That's why I post my tongue pictures. To help you with your cardio.

I'm sorry love, as nice as your tongue pictures are, self cardio just doesn't cut it lol.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Excuse me while I vent.........

Why is it that people make positive comments under people who refuse to open up their diary?
    They say things like great job logging today, how do they know????

For me, MFP is all about accountability and if you have to hide your diary, you're not allowing yourself to be held accountable.
    We all mess up from time to time and we are all trying to retrain our minds but come on folks, be accountable for your actions.

I can not and WILL NOT be supportive of somebody who is hiding something from me.

You can finish your diary under goal for the day while eating fried chicken, pizza and cotton candy but if I can't see that, how can I help you by making suggestions of healthier options.

Friends don't lock the door on their true friends and those who lock the door on me will eventually see my name disappear from their friends list.

That may seem harsh but I'm here to be supportive. I have far too many friends who will let me to waste my time on someone who's unwilling to open up.

Ok I'm done, let the firestorm begin. Be gentle (LOL)

Ok, I have one word for you: Boundaries.
    What I eat is no one's business but my own and if I need some help, then I will ask for it. The fact that I, or anyone else, is on here at all logging their food is impressive and deserves encouragement.

As far as accountability goes, we should all be accountable to ourselves. Not our friends, not our family, and certainly not to random people on the internet.

And regarding your comment about "locking the door on friends", that is crap. Friends hide things from each other all the time. You don't go into a friendship with the expectation that your life is now a complete and open book to them or that they can now give advice anytime they want to. Again, boundaries. Those who want the help and advice with what to eat will ask for it or open up their diaries. Those who view it as a step over a boundary will not. And it is silly to de-friend them simply because they have that boundary.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Ok, I have one word for you: Boundaries.
    What I eat is no one's business but my own and if I need some help, then I will ask for it. The fact that I, or anyone else, is on here at all logging their food is impressive and deserves encouragement.

As far as accountability goes, we should all be accountable to ourselves. Not our friends, not our family, and certainly not to random people on the internet.

And regarding your comment about "locking the door on friends", that is crap. Friends hide things from each other all the time. You don't go into a friendship with the expectation that your life is now a complete and open book to them or that they can now give advice anytime they want to. Again, boundaries. Those who want the help and advice with what to eat will ask for it or open up their diaries. Those who view it as a step over a boundary will not. And it is silly to de-friend them simply because they have that boundary.
    [/quote/]

tinchick Well Said.