Weight Loss and Thigh Gap Tips

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    these are all really great tips for getting taller. i am going to try some right away.

by the way, is it better to take my height measurement barefoot or with shoes on?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Even if your body shape doesn't allow it, you can get emaciated enough until it happens.

check out this thigh gap here :love:

350px-Human_skeleton_front_en.svg.png
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    If you are built to have one, you will. If you aren't, you wont. I had one at 180. I know girls that are the same height and 130 and no thigh gap......
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Be born with the genetics that give you one. A thigh gap is not a measure of how skinny you are.

so true, some people (including me) will never have one no matter how thin they get due to genetics / width of hip bones / angle of thigh bones etc.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    To quote a very wise friend:

You put a man in there. Duh. What DO they teach in schools these days?
  • em9371
    Options
    Pop Pilates - Inner thigh insanity. I've lost 1 inch off each thigh in a week and a bit. it's brutal, but amazing. and thigh gaps are attainable; i have very small hips and my thigh gap is starting to come through :)

according your profile you also have an ed and are only 97lbs, not a recommended way to get a thigh gap :S
  • victoria4321
    Options
    Pop Pilates - Inner thigh insanity. I've lost 1 inch off each thigh in a week and a bit. it's brutal, but amazing. and thigh gaps are attainable; i have very small hips and my thigh gap is starting to come through :)

according your profile you also have an ed and are only 97lbs, not a recommended way to get a thigh gap :S

That wasn't very nice
  • em9371
    Options

That wasn't very nice

it had to be said, the post implies that the gap is attainable regardless of genetics from doing exercise, when in reality its more than likely due to the poster being very underweight.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

That wasn't very nice

But necessary to keep someone else from attempting such extremes.
  • victoria4321
    Options

That wasn't very nice

She didn't tell her to starve herself. No need to call someone out if they're dealing with issues.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

That wasn't very nice

Absolutely...truth had to be put out there.

On an unrelated note, haven't seen you in a while, looking like great progress in your latest pic, congrats! :smile:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I'm bow legged, is that the same thing as a thigh gap? LOL!

While we are on the topic, what exercises do you all recommend to get rid of my bow leggedness?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Stand like this:

ThighGap.jpg
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not to derail, but does anybody know how I can get 3 inches taller?

High heels?

GOLDEN!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Not to derail, but does anybody know how I can get 3 inches taller?

High heels?

^ this
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps are overrated. If you want great legs though: Squats, lunges, and deadlifts.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My poodle has a killer thigh gap. She eats her poop sometimes. Worth a try.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoF-kVEMOrBOIz2NIBAqrimBsFhT1lzb1m1RHYhdbvzL2T-DdCUi4AcZCu
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    Have hip bones genetically that allow the thigh gap.

Most likely the only way you'll for sure get one... no matter how thin you are.

Exactly. Like almost everyone on here is saying, it's only about your genetics and bone structure. If you have close-together hip bones you would be nearly killing yourself to try to achieve a thigh gap. Don't let society put standards of beauty which are physically unattainable in your head like that. Instead, be proud of the body you have and dress to suit your great body traits. If you have closed hips and are unable to get much of a thigh gap, I bet you look amazing in pencil-skirted dresses.

Also, just to the person who commented on Blogilates, I am an avid follower; however, don't put unrealistic expectations into her head...Cassy Ho herself, while skinny and fit regardless, DOES have reasonably wide set hip bones which is why she has such a pronounced gap.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Argh I hate thigh gap threads! They're like breeding grounds for the pro-ED crowd to show up with horrible advice.

OP- The truth is it's a combination of genetics and body fat %. There is no such thing as an exercise that can remove fat from one specific area of the body- it just doesn't work that way. If you don't have the genetics for a thigh gap, you won't get one. If you do have the genetics, overall body fat reduction is the only way it will happen. No amount of pilates or yoga or thigh blasting DVDs or thighmasters will get you there. It's bittersweet news, I know.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I am suddenly craving something between my thighs.