Weight Loss and Thigh Gap Tips

Options

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    BUMP....I want one...genetics or no genetics...and I am proud to say that its peeking thru now...
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    What is the obsession with this and women? I don't get it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm a woman and I don't get it.

The hottie pinups girls from the '50s and '60s didn't have thigh gaps. That's the body I want.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Not to derail, but does anybody know how I can get 3 inches taller?

bwahahaha

Love funny posts that make a point!

Answer: If you aren't as tall as you want to be, it is because you aren't working at it hard enough. You need to do more cardio, lift harder, and stay under your calorie limit. You might try high protein/low carbs or paleo, although the paleo could backfire because I think early humans were shorter than we are now.

You can try height enhancement surgery. They will break your legs in several places, insert screws and rods, and you'll have to stretch the rods apart periodically. Be prepared, though, for the fact that there are people who look down on height enhancement, and may ask you if your height is real or fake.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options

Yes! Please tell me these are not ADULT women obsessing over "thigh gaps". Oy!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am suddenly craving something between my thighs.

Oh my.. :-)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

They're usually pretty young. The adult women usually just want to figure out how to stop wearing through their jeans, which is legit.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Not to derail, but does anybody know how I can get 3 inches taller?

ry%3D400
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

Just my opinion, I like my full shape! :) I think I'd look disgusting with a gap there!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

Just my opinion, I like my full shape! :) I think I'd look disgusting with a gap there!

There's nothing wrong with a thigh gap if that is your natural shape. When it's not and you starve yourself to get it, there's a problem.

If I ever reach goal and I have one, I won't be upset about it. And if I don't have one (I probably won't), then I won't be upset about it.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

Some people might say your "full shape" = yuck, just sayin'.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Funny thing is, adult women who manage to get the thigh gaps nature didn't see fit to provide for them tend to end up with the legs of little girls. Or Big Bird.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's typically the underage pro-ana kids that worry about this ****. You know, kids with usernames that include "ana" or "anna" in them. Hey, wait a minute...
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

have to agree, I was beginning to think i was the only woman that wouldnt want one!
  • rml_16
    Options
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    When I'm really motivated to work on my gap, I stand with my legs a little farther apart. ;-)
  • jtotheno
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

There's nothing wrong with a thigh gap if that is your natural shape. When it's not and you starve yourself to get it, there's a problem.

Yes, exactly! And I would look gross with one, I am tall and curvy, it would be freaky! And to the super sensitive person who said my "full figure" would be yuck to some-- I think you're in the wrong place hunny. I clearly stated it was my opinion of my own body. This is no place for insults.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

Yes, exactly! And I would look gross with one, I am tall and curvy, it would be freaky! And to the super sensitive person who said my "full figure" would be yuck to some-- I think you're in the wrong place hunny. I clearly stated it was my opinion of my own body. This is no place for insults.

Thigh gap = yuck is not about YOU, it implies it's yucky on anyone who has one. Maybe you came across differently than intended, but I understand the comment about the full figure. It's become OK around here to bash thin women and it's annoying and rude.

If that's not how you meant it, that's fine. But it does read that way.
  • jtotheno
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

Lol. Good for them. I can have whatever OPINION I want of my OWN shape (which is what this comment was, btw)
    Easy on the insults. This site has turned into a highschool popularity contest and cliques. THAT is yuck.

*EDIT this was NOT an attack on thin women! I myself used to be very UNDERWEIGHT, and I looked sick that way, there is nothing wrong with being thin! I am just stating that I think *I* would look gross IN MY OPINION with a thigh gap. I apologize that defensive people took it this way. I just wish more women would love their bodies and be happy with the success they have had thus far, but that's more the fault of the media than anyone.

I hate the amount of hate on this site.. and this is why I rarely post in the threads :(
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

Lol. Good for them. I can have whatever OPINION I want of my OWN shape (which is what this comment was, btw)
    Easy on the insults. This site has turned into a highschool popularity contest and cliques. THAT is yuck.

It wasn't an insult. I was just letting you see how some people might take offense to it. Sure you were talking about yourself but you opened up by just saying its 'yuck'. I don't have a thigh gap but I understand that some people can't help the way they look. I wouldn't just go bashing anyone for looking whatever way nature intended them to look.

Sorry if I took it the wrong way, but it did originally come across as you saying it was something gross on anyone.

(I don't get the popularity contest part nor am I sure what clique I'd belong to since I don't speak to anyone individually on here but whatever)