Weight Loss and Thigh Gap Tips

Options

Replies

• FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Have hip bones genetically that allow the thigh gap.

Most likely the only way you'll for sure get one... no matter how thin you are.

yep,exactly true! :D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Lol. I've never heard of people wanting a "thigh gap" before MFP.

That's what I was thinking. I'm thin and athletic but I never thought about thigh gaps before now, so I don't even know if I have one. I've heard people say they don't want their thighs rubbing together and that's understandable, but a gap? Never heard that one. I'm gonna go find a mirror and see if I have one. LOL!
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I used to have one when I was thin....I miss it. Gotta try gettin it back! :sad:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Here, take my wide hips and have your thigh gap, as that is largely what it seems to come down to.
    The grass is always greener. I would sooner have narrower hips than a thigh gap.
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Not to derail, but does anybody know how I can get 3 inches taller?

:laugh:
  • danibrnshug
    danibrnshug Posts: 27
    Options

Pliyoga and Yogalaties

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    not possible to spot reduce. sorry.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options

ry%3D400

LMFAO
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    some body types cant get it. O: you can tone your inner thighs by doing things like plie hops and sumo squats though. :3

i have wide hips, so once a lost a little weight i just had one. but if you have a petite frame and narrow hips its unlikely you'll ever have one.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    rickets will cause high thigh gaps
    I lol'd @ rickets.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I hate my thigh gap. Mine is pretty pronounced. I'm 5'2" and 106lbs. I had one at 150lbs. Its my stupid build..
    On the other hand, I had a friend that was over 200lbs and she had a gap. Its just how one is built.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap = Yuck.

Just my opinion, I like my full shape! :) I think I'd look disgusting with a gap there!

There's nothing wrong with a thigh gap if that is your natural shape. When it's not and you starve yourself to get it, there's a problem.

If I ever reach goal and I have one, I won't be upset about it. And if I don't have one (I probably won't), then I won't be upset about it.
    Agreed. No need to start criticizing other people's bodies!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Be born with the genetics that give you one. A thigh gap is not a measure of how skinny you are.

This.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Be born with the genetics that give you one. A thigh gap is not a measure of how skinny you are.

This is so true. I'm 5'4" and 175lb (so not exactly skinny) and I have a substantial thigh gap. I'd never heard this trait referred to as something attractive before - it seems a wee bit random to me, but hey.

I, too, have a natural thigh gap even at not so skinny weights, and in my almost 59 years I've heard exactly one remark about it. When I was in college, some jerk I barely knew couldn't resist commenting on how unusual it was to see "well filled out" thighs that don't touch on a woman who isn't bow legged. I thought "eeew, how odd."
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options

High heels
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Holy *kitten* you guys are cracking me up
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't get the thigh gap thing. I'm 5'6 and even when I weighed 104lb my thighs still touched a little, and I looked like a babe.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pop Pilates - Inner thigh insanity. I've lost 1 inch off each thigh in a week and a bit. it's brutal, but amazing. and thigh gaps are attainable; i have very small hips and my thigh gap is starting to come through :)

according your profile you also have an ed and are only 97lbs, not a recommended way to get a thigh gap :S

That wasn't very nice

it had to be said, the post implies that the gap is attainable regardless of genetics from doing exercise, when in reality its more than likely due to the poster being very underweight.
    I have to agree with it not being very nice. sorry. She could be short :D
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't get the craze with thigh gap. I think it just makes you look knock-kneed. Not attractive to my thinking. Of course, YMMV.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What is the obsession with this and women? I don't get it.

Yes! Please tell me these are not ADULT women obsessing over "thigh gaps". Oy!
    Yeah, it's typically the underage pro-ana kids that worry about this ****. You know, kids with usernames that include "ana" or "anna" in them. Hey, wait a minute...

don't get this ^^ pro- ana/ anna