is it possible after 40 ???

Options
1235»

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the exercise!! It's important to our overall health, especially in our 40's. It sounds like you're doing well. I'm 45 and it took me until my 40's to get serious about my health. I will say there is not much you can do about extra skin. I had plastic surgery to remove it. It helped my self-esteem tremendously and I finally feel "whole" again.
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    I JUST LOST SOME EIGHTY POUNDS, and I am almost fifty.

Absolutely no problem.

You simply have to have the absolutely latest cutting edge science on your side. It's just that simple.

Fat elimination is incredibly easy.

Just read:

"Life without bread" Dr. Lutz

"Why we get fat" Gary Taubes

And for a lighter read on the same topic, "The primal blueprint" by Sison.

Very simply, you have to have THE CORRECT SCIENCE. If you don't, you won't lose weight. It's just that simple.

Nothing could be easier than eliminating fat (even if you are 50-60 years), BUT, you need the correct science.

Think about it - if you re doing the wrong thing .......... it won't work. Simple !!

Enjoy!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Im 40 and ive lost nearly 100lbs you need to shake up your body and change your diet or your exercise to give your body a shock , hope this helps
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY - I'm 43 and in the best shape of my life.

I have weighted less nut never had any definiation because I lost the weight too quickly and didn't maintain my lean muscle.

I do yoga 3x per week, walk/jog 2-3x and average 1700 calories a day.

It can be done, you have to be patience, find a workout that you love and EAT!!
  • JCDF
    JCDF Posts: 25
    Options
    I have been exercising for about 2 years. I exercise 3 to 4 days a week and I do not see any results my weight is the same. I am looking mostly to loose my extra skin around my waist (I hate it) and loose about 10 lb. I come to believe that I will never be able to accomplish it maybe because of my age. Does anyone who is about my age have had great results after 40??? Need some info to help me keep going or just known that I am waisting my time.

I am 66, old enough to be your mother. I've lost weight very slowly over the past over a year. I've found that very slow goes the course. Weight loss is one thing. Keeping it off is quite another. Every 5 to 7 pounds of loss, I increase my calories a bit to maintain for a while. I am on a very healthy, anti inflammatory food plan that I will be on the rest of my life I believe. the few times I've gone way off my diet, I've suffered from aches and pains, but I have not regained the weight.

I also do not approach this from a weight loss as my goal point of view. This is a pursuit of health thing for me. If I never lose another ounce, I will just keep going on the pursuit of health. But I've found that pursuing health this way has, for me, had the happy side effect of weight loss. When I find I've lost 5 to 7 pounds, that's when I increase my calories for a while, because I don't think it is healthy to lose fast. And I think it can be counter productive with a quick weight rebound.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Of course it's not too late! I'm 45. Look at my pictures. I still need to lose another 15 but I'm going to get there. The last bit is usually harder to lose. You are going to have to change up your exercise routine. Shock you body into losing weight again. Your muscles will get used to the work outs you do and it is very important that you keep doing a variety of workouts every week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!