Need to lose weight in one day!!

Options
Okay, I have a dress I fit in but I need an extra push on the weight loss for tonight. I drank enough water to drown-in to get rid of any potential water weight gain. I started 24 hour fast at noon. Can anyone think of anything else or is this about the maximum I can do? I suppose I can do a spinning class tonight but I will have to at least eat an apple two hours before or I won't be able to give much effort. Any tried and true tips are appreciated.:bigsmile:

Please no responses from the "don't do under 1200 calorie crowd". I have some available fat so my body will not go into starvation mode. Fasting occasionally is good for the body anyway.

Replies

• HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think your body will change much in one day... no matter what you do.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Maybe cut off a leg. I heard that works. Or shave your head. That is what the wrestlers used to do in high school
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Drinking a ton of water will make you look and feel bloated. Enjoy the results
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Spanx. I hear they work wonders. It won't make a difference on the scale but could help you look great and feel really confident in your dress.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sitting back to watch the show....
  • mcleodconnor
    Options
    Maybe cut off a leg. I heard that works. Or shave your head. That is what the wrestlers used to do in high school

Woah woah woah. Come on now. I directly fit into the category.... lol
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Is this for a wedding or something? Why does it have to be for tonight or right now? Curious.
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    I would say get a really good pair of spanx or control top panty hose.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    ...and I want to hit the lottery tonight. Losing weight in one day (losing body fat, inches & doing it the proper way) is damn near impossible.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Drink water, tea and stay away from salt. I wouldnt work out without food but maybe you can get a wrap from the spa. Those take off a little but it doesnt last. Good luck!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Ooooo I love these kinds of posts :devil:
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options

exactly
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    none of that will make a difference in a day. that's just not how weight loss works

get spanx or a squeem
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    First off I'm not a doctor so try this at your own risk, but it works when I need to make weight for a competition.

Do not eat or drink anything all day except for maybe 12 oz of water and a *little* yogurt or similar food if you need it. Do some slow-moderate cardio, specifically something that will make you sweat a lot (spinning is probably good). You will lose weight in your sleep as well, as moisture will evaporate from your body. In a day I would say you could lose up to 4 or 5 lbs depending on body composition.

Downsides, you'll probably have a ****ty time at whatever you're wearing your dress to. You will be irritable, tired, and dehydrated. You could have some medical trouble, definitely watch out for things like feeling dizzy or lightheaded, disorientation, and a big one is if you're exercising and you stop sweating it means you're way too dehydrated.

So why not just use some duct tape/fishing line and crisco to get into the dress?

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can take a laxative before you go to bed to make sure that you go to the bathroom in the morning. Make sure you take the gentle natural kind and not something used to cure serious constipation or else maybe you end up in the hospital.
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Spanx and Diurex Water Pills.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Poop with all of your might!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Dont mean to be um how can I say it...realistic? What you are doing isn't healthy...your body is going to go into plateau mode...
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    double mastecomy.

While your at it, a lobotomy.
  • Presley0381
    Presley0381 Posts: 88
    Options
    Ummm you look pretty awesome already...Why do you need to lose anything for tonight?
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Drinking a ton of water will make you look and feel bloated.

^^^ agree !