Need to lose weight in one day!!

Options

Replies

• nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    well, it's not healthy but in an emergency and for one day only you can take diuretics and drink water and black coffee. You should be able to lose enough water and empty your colon enough to go down one size. But watch drinking alcohol like this because you will already be severly dehydrated and can get really sick! And for the record...I am not advocating this as a healthy diet tip!!!

Thank, yes, its just for a day... thank you for taking the time to give a thoughtful response.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    When you've lost as much as I have for as long as I have, then I would consider taking your snide remarks seriously.

Wow, for someone who claims to know so much, you are obviously missing the absurdity of what you're trying to do. Good luck with that unreasonable expectations thing.
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Speaking from somebody who cut weight for fights, you um did it all backwards, you want to cut back your water intake so you don't bloat, eating small amounts of certain types of food under your calorie goal wont change your size at all.

This. You drink lots of water first (around 1-2 gallons a day for maybe 3-5 days) and then you cut it out like 2 days out from your goal. I don't really understand why people are telling you to drink different kinds of fluid (coffee?). The only way you're going to lose any weight in 1 day is by losing water, which means don't drink anything (don't eat anything either) and do some moderate cardio to sweat it out. And by nothing I mean like 12oz of water and a banana or yogurt or something.

Lets say your maintenance calories is at 2000 and you don't eat for 2 days. That's a 4000 calorie deficit which is barely over a pound.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Haha "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd". Why? Cause someone will tell you ur being ridiculous? Because you are being ridiculous. You are fasting so u can fit in a dress you already fit into Grab some spanx and call it a day! It will smooth out the wrinkles and if u buy it a size bigger its actually comfortable too. Everyone wins.

*runs back to the "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd" headquarters*

Shhhhh, making sense is frowned upon here...back to your dungeon!

When you've lost as much as I have for as long as I have, then I would consider taking your snide remarks seriously.

Ooo 14 lbs.... guys watch out, she's serious.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Haha "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd". Why? Cause someone will tell you ur being ridiculous? Because you are being ridiculous. You are fasting so u can fit in a dress you already fit into Grab some spanx and call it a day! It will smooth out the wrinkles and if u buy it a size bigger its actually comfortable too. Everyone wins.

Lost 16 pounds before this, total of over 25 so lets not fight.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    double mastecomy.

While your at it, a lobotomy.

If you're going to be mean and insult someone's intelligence, you might want to use the right word. *you're

I wasn't insulting intelligence. Brain mass removal can help remove up to 3lbs of weight. http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/brain-facts.shtml
    And for the fun of it, a double mastectomy, depending on how "big" you are, can help remove up to 6/9th of the weight of a watermelon http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/brain-facts.shtml ... if you're a natureal DD cup, of course.
    Feel better after correcting grammer on the internet?
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Reread it - it says 14 lbs to go.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I like cake.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

I know, my internet feeling have been hurt :sad:
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    well, it's not healthy but in an emergency and for one day only you can take diuretics and drink water and black coffee. You should be able to lose enough water and empty your colon enough to go down one size. But watch drinking alcohol like this because you will already be severly dehydrated and can get really sick! And for the record...I am not advocating this as a healthy diet tip!!!

Thank, yes, its just for a day... thank you for taking the time to give a thoughtful response.

Okay, so the diuretic and dehydrate yourself club get "thank you for your thoughtful responses," but the healthier alternative Spanx crowd gets ignored? Yeah... that makes sense.

You don't need to make weight like a wrestler does. They can't wear Spanx to meet their weight class. However, YOU can wear Spanx to look better in a dress that "fits." So throw the dangerous stuff out the window and go shopping. They sell generic Spanx cheaper as well if you cannot afford the official brand.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Take your dress into an alterations place and see if there is any material to let out. Then, if possible, beg them to do it asap!
    Other than that, water and I like the yogurt, coffee and dark leafy greens suggestions.
  • lucky410
    lucky410 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You should probably just get a new dress, alter the dress you already have, or just use spanx. I know I would rather have a mini crying melt down over not being able to fit in the dress I wanted than risk riding in an ambulance after collapsing in front of people I know.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    First off I'm not a doctor so try this at your own risk, but it works when I need to make weight for a competition.

Do not eat or drink anything all day except for maybe 12 oz of water and a *little* yogurt or similar food if you need it. Do some slow-moderate cardio, specifically something that will make you sweat a lot (spinning is probably good). You will lose weight in your sleep as well, as moisture will evaporate from your body. In a day I would say you could lose up to 4 or 5 lbs depending on body composition.

Downsides, you'll probably have a ****ty time at whatever you're wearing your dress to. You will be irritable, tired, and dehydrated. You could have some medical trouble, definitely watch out for things like feeling dizzy or lightheaded, disorientation, and a big one is if you're exercising and you stop sweating it means you're way too dehydrated.

So why not just use some duct tape/fishing line and crisco to get into the dress?

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can take a laxative before you go to bed to make sure that you go to the bathroom in the morning. Make sure you take the gentle natural kind and not something used to cure serious constipation or else maybe you end up in the hospital.

I probably should not have mentioned the dress as it already fits but no one but a few careful readers notice
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Okay, so the diuretic and dehydrate yourself club get "thank you for your thoughtful responses," but the healthier alternative Spanx crowd gets ignored? Yeah... that makes sense.

You don't need to make weight like a wrestler does. They can't wear Spanx to meet their weight class. However, YOU can wear Spanx to look better in a dress that "fits." So throw the dangerous stuff out the window and go shopping. They sell generic Spanx cheaper as well if you cannot afford the official brand.

Well she did specifically ask about losing weight quickly, not about what kinds of clothing you can wear to appear thinner. And she also specifically asked for people *not* to lecture her on the super super dangerous idea of not eating for 24 hours... Maybe she's secretly an amateur body builder looking for cutting tips and the dress thing is a ruse? Who knows, but maybe answer her question instead of making up a new one for her.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I probably should not have mentioned the dress as it already fits but no one but a few careful readers notice

Then why do you need to lose weight?
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

I'm in the so called wrestler crowd, and I agree with this, if spanx will work use them! But for cutting weight, if you go that way, you should not be drinking fluid a day before, you want to do that a couple days out to so have something to cut, and your muscles stay hydrated. But this does not feel good, you get extremely tired, and you hate everyone, and if it is a drinking event you are going to be off your *kitten* drunk, and probably piss yourself so go with the spanx!
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Buy a dress that fits.

I mentioned already, the dress fits.

Question.....
    If the dress already fits, then why do you need to lose overnight? If it's a "bulgy" issue, some good drawers should fix that right up, don't you think? Makes much more sense (to me) to buy proper under clothing for a dress than it does to starve for a day and try to become a sponge....... Just curious. But I'm pretty sure I missed something somewhere....?
  • dentedearmuffs1
    Options
    First off I'm not a doctor so try this at your own risk, but it works when I need to make weight for a competition.

Do not eat or drink anything all day except for maybe 12 oz of water and a *little* yogurt or similar food if you need it. Do some slow-moderate cardio, specifically something that will make you sweat a lot (spinning is probably good). You will lose weight in your sleep as well, as moisture will evaporate from your body. In a day I would say you could lose up to 4 or 5 lbs depending on body composition.

Downsides, you'll probably have a ****ty time at whatever you're wearing your dress to. You will be irritable, tired, and dehydrated. You could have some medical trouble, definitely watch out for things like feeling dizzy or lightheaded, disorientation, and a big one is if you're exercising and you stop sweating it means you're way too dehydrated.

So why not just use some duct tape/fishing line and crisco to get into the dress?

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can take a laxative before you go to bed to make sure that you go to the bathroom in the morning. Make sure you take the gentle natural kind and not something used to cure serious constipation or else maybe you end up in the hospital.

Doesn't make a difference whether the dress already fits or not. The question is absurd either way cause you're asking about losing weight in one day. I don't think I need to get into why that question is ridiculous.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe she plans on getting some *kitten* after the event, and doesn't want somebody to see that she was wearing spanx haha. If that is the case the person wont care, because they are getting some *kitten* too!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    OP if you are of age are you planning to drink? Because this seems like a potential disaster and, if that dress isn't sewn by Marchesa or Mr. Cavalli himself then might I kindly suggest a new dress and let yourself have some fun?

Good luck.