Need to lose weight in one day!!

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Poop with all of your might!

Bahahahaha. These make me chuckle. :drinker:

Dehydrated, hungry, and hemorrhoidal...READY TO PARTAY!

This made me laugh until I was in tears. Really, a great suggestion!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Spanx. I hear they work wonders. It won't make a difference on the scale but could help you look great and feel really confident in your dress.

Ding Ding Ding! Your body won't magically change in a day. Buy some shapewear.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Buy a new dress. Stressing your body (even for one day) isn't going to make the dress magically fit, and you probably won't feel your best for partying anyway.

Now you can focus on getting your goals met in a conscious way before the next big event.

^^^This^^^
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    when in doubt, i get my trusty corset. of course that helps my posture plus makes me look like i have a big pretentious stick up my butt. i think red shoes go nicely with that.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Shave every inch of your body? I'm sure that will take off a minuscule amount of weight.

Eyebrows included. You don't really need them, after all.
  • whitm2103
    whitm2103 Posts: 41
    Options
    Haha "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd". Why? Cause someone will tell you ur being ridiculous? Because you are being ridiculous. You are fasting so u can fit in a dress you already fit into Grab some spanx and call it a day! It will smooth out the wrinkles and if u buy it a size bigger its actually comfortable too. Everyone wins.

*runs back to the "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd" headquarters*

Now I thought fasting was good for you? Where are are all the people that back up fasting?
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i get what she is saying...

the women has lost like a 100 pounds + and is 14 lbs from her goal weight.. she is going tomorrow to an event where people whom maybe havent seen her in a long time are... and she wants to wow them... maybe her ex is going to be there and she wants him to drool.. maybe that ***** from high school that teased her will be there...

she wants the wow factor... I UNDERSTAND HUN.... i cant wait for the day i can do it too!!!!

there are wraps you can get from health food stores that will "reduce" your inches big time and i think the effects last a couple of days or something.... so if that is what you are looking for to tighten up.. i would look into those... ( i did one for giggles and it reduced me a little.. for lke 24 hours.. )

other than that.. for the sodium water weight issue. i find green tea and more water than i ever thought was possible and spend a good hour or so in a hot sauna.

i hope this helps

and have fun at your event... i am sure you will wow them all no matter if you lose this water weight or not.. your stunning
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Haha "dont do under 1200 calorie crowd". Why? Cause someone will tell you ur being ridiculous? Because you are being ridiculous. You are fasting so u can fit in a dress you already fit into Grab some spanx and call it a day! It will smooth out the wrinkles and if u buy it a size bigger its actually comfortable too. Everyone wins.

Now I thought fasting was good for you? Where are are all the people that back up fasting?

IF (intermittent fasting) isn't about losing weight in one day. It's just another style of timing food for long term benefits. Fasting for a day isn't going to do *kitten* for your weight, only dehydrating would.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    New tip for losing 1/3 of your body weight in a single day: Cut off your least favorite leg. Works every time!
  • tarnbop
    tarnbop Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    the women has lost like a 100 pounds + and is 14 lbs from her goal weight..

Am I missing something? She started at 176lbs and is now 14lbs away from 129, meaning she is 143.... That's a loss of 33lbs.....?!
    Not that that's bad, that's amazing, just not what people are saying....
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    the women has lost like a 100 pounds + and is 14 lbs from her goal weight..

Am I missing something? She started at 176lbs and is now 14lbs away from 129, meaning she is 143.... That's a loss of 33lbs.....?!
    Not that that's bad, that's amazing, just not what people are saying....

Maybe she lost some before joining MFP? I know a lot of people do that. :)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Get a body wrap, but then don't eat or drink anything until after you get to take the dress off. Body wraps will help you lose inches for a few hours to fit in a dress, but it is all water loss so it will come right back as soon as you start eating and drinking again.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Yes, thanks, I should have been more specific in my question. Water weight is the onlything i meant...that and bloat if there's a diff. I figured the peeps that know this stuff would write, I should have counted on the ill-informed haters on writing anyway :)

There were people who wrote me, just to let me know that they can't wait to see what the idiots write.
  • a2902c
    a2902c Posts: 96
    Options
    Sauna. Sweat it out.

I've been in your situation. I couldn't fit into my bridesmaid dress a week before the wedding! Trust me on this, spanx are a girl's best friend, lol!
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i get what she is saying...

the women has lost like a 100 pounds + and is 14 lbs from her goal weight.. she is going tomorrow to an event where people whom maybe havent seen her in a long time are... and she wants to wow them... maybe her ex is going to be there and she wants him to drool.. maybe that ***** from high school that teased her will be there...

she wants the wow factor... I UNDERSTAND HUN.... i cant wait for the day i can do it too!!!!

there are wraps you can get from health food stores that will "reduce" your inches big time and i think the effects last a couple of days or something.... so if that is what you are looking for to tighten up.. i would look into those... ( i did one for giggles and it reduced me a little.. for lke 24 hours.. )

other than that.. for the sodium water weight issue. i find green tea and more water than i ever thought was possible and spend a good hour or so in a hot sauna.

i hope this helps

and have fun at your event... i am sure you will wow them all no matter if you lose this water weight or not.. your stunning

Thank you so much for your help!
  • Laura_emoore
    Options

Yes, thanks, I should have been more specific in my question. Water weight is the onlything i meant...that and bloat if there's a diff. I figured the peeps that know this stuff would write, I should have counted on the ill-informed haters on writing anyway :)

There were people who wrote me, just to let me know that they can't wait to see what the idiots write.

So then aren't you the so called "idiot' who should have been more specific about the weight you were trying to lose? Water weight is completely different than trying to lose weight in general.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Another comment, How many people see your "weight?" No one carries a big sign with them that says "i weigh x lbs"

What matters is how you LOOK not what you WEIGH.

Exactly, that is why I, and others, recommended the Spanx. For a wrestler, weight matters. For a dress, it is the looks that matter.
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    I can't even remember now what the original question was!
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Take your dress into an alterations place and see if there is any material to let out. Then, if possible, beg them to do it asap!
    Other than that, water and I like the yogurt, coffee and dark leafy greens suggestions.

BUT HER DRESS FITS!!!!!! :laugh:
  • ady41
    ady41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1. spanx
    2. sauna
    3. proteins - only white meat, fish, greek yogurt, eggs, non-fat cheese
    4. laxative tea in the evening to help you the morning after