Need to lose weight in one day!!

Options

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a dress I fit in but I need an extra push on the weight loss for tonight. I drank enough water to drown-in to get rid of any potential water weight gain. I started 24 hour fast at noon. Can anyone think of anything else or is this about the maximum I can do? I suppose I can do a spinning class tonight but I will have to at least eat an apple two hours before or I won't be able to give much effort. Any tried and true tips are appreciated.:bigsmile:

Please no responses from the "don't do under 1200 calorie crowd". I have some available fat so my body will not go into starvation mode. Fasting occasionally is good for the body anyway.

Why?
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Ask a seamstress to let the dress out a bit? & Spanks, to suck in whatever fat you think you have. There is no way to lose weight overnight, but these two options can make the DRESS look better ON you.
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a dress I fit in but I need an extra push on the weight loss for tonight. I drank enough water to drown-in to get rid of any potential water weight gain. I started 24 hour fast at noon. Can anyone think of anything else or is this about the maximum I can do? I suppose I can do a spinning class tonight but I will have to at least eat an apple two hours before or I won't be able to give much effort. Any tried and true tips are appreciated.:bigsmile:

Please no responses from the "don't do under 1200 calorie crowd". I have some available fat so my body will not go into starvation mode. Fasting occasionally is good for the body anyway.

Eat something light, Like an apple and some yogurt and do gentle toning exercises and go for a walk somewhere to burn a few cals , It might not help very much but then it might depending on the area you want to lose the inches from. Fasting for a few days at a time, can be beneficial to your body.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe she plans on getting some *kitten* after the event, and doesn't want somebody to see that she was wearing spanx haha. If that is the case the person wont care, because they are getting some *kitten* too!

The spanx might be a dealbreaker. Totally unsexy. Thats where turning off the lights comes in handy.... ;)
  • Carolstone1959
    Carolstone1959 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Gosh everybody, thanks for the show. It has everything. I laughed. I cried. I'm cornering the market on water pills and laxatives because SURELY sales will skyrocket as a result of this topic... and don't forget the Spanx.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe she plans on getting some *kitten* after the event, and doesn't want somebody to see that she was wearing spanx haha. If that is the case the person wont care, because they are getting some *kitten* too!

Perhaps, they can make some nice looking control wear if you look. I personally wouldn't care because, as you said, once *that* has started they could care less because they are getting some *kitten*. I highly doubt the Spanx would stop that process. :P

If she's self-conscious about that, then she can always excuse herself into the bathroom when it gets going and take off the Spanx and the dress herself (wrap the Spanx IN the dress) and come out all sexy like. ::shrug:: Trust me the dude would never know and/or care. :P
  • LindaCWy
    Options

Eat something light, Like an apple and some yogurt and do gentle toning exercises and go for a walk somewhere to burn a few cals , It might not help very much but then it might depending on the area you want to lose the inches from. Fasting for a few days at a time, can be beneficial to your body.

Soley out of curiousity, how us fasting for a dew days beneficial? Ive never hear of this until now. (not being fecicious, seriously want to know)
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Why do you mention the dress if it has nothing to do with why you want to lose weight?
  • LindaCWy
    Options
    Gosh everybody, thanks for the show. It has everything. I laughed. I cried. I'm cornering the market on water pills and laxatives because SURELY sales will skyrocket as a result of this topic... and don't forget the Spanx.

Seiously whats a water pill? Dang i need to google more! *googling
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Cut your leg off, 2 legs is soooooo 2011.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If the dress fits why are you looking for stupid solutions to something you can't change in a day?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Diuretic I believe is what they are talking about...they are over the counter pills that help with bloating. (wait...if you weren't being serious...****...sorry! LMAO)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

The spanx might be a dealbreaker. Totally unsexy. Thats where turning off the lights comes in handy.... ;)

Have you seen Bridget Jones's Diary? If it's good enough for Hugh Grant...... :wink:
  • LindaCWy
    Options

Diuretic I believe is what they are talking about...they are over the counter pills that help with bloating. (wait...if you weren't being serious...****...sorry! LMAO)

Seriously didnt know. Just googled it, apparently its not safe. I learnEDED something today. Yay!
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Spanx. I hear they work wonders. It won't make a difference on the scale but could help you look great and feel really confident in your dress.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I'm sure you'll look great. One day will likely only make a water-weight difference on the scale. Just pull on those Spanx, slide into your dress, and have a great time. Dance up a storm and that'll burn some calories and make you a fun person to be around and party with. Have fun!!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

It's a pill that makes your kidneys work overtime and strips your body of fluid. The medical term for this is a diuretic. You get thirsty when using them - and drink to replace the fluid you're peeing out. People in heart failure retain fluid all over their bodies, it can collect in the lungs and make breathing difficult which is a legitimate reason for using them. Abusing them to shed a pound or so of water when your body is functioning normally is not a clever idea.

! think OP should go with the Spanx, taking diuretics like this ought to be a no-no. Like (probably) everyone else, I read that she wants to fit into a dress that already fits. ???? :huh: So why the big panic about suddenly losing another pound? The weight's not the issue is it?? I assume it's not the weigh-in at a slimming competition??

So if the dress fits, wear it. If it doesn't, wear something else or wear it with Spanx.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Dont mean to be um how can I say it...realistic? What you are doing isn't healthy...your body is going to go into plateau mode...

no, it's not, I just came off my last plateau, I just had a ton of sodium yesterday and tomorrow I have to look real good....I drank around 15 cups of water so far to counteract the soduium intake so that should start working soon. I just need the max I can do in one day and one day only.
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I read in Good Housing keeping that reducing your Calories to 500 - 800 calories a day can

Soley out of curiousity, how us fasting for a dew days beneficial? Ive never hear of this until now. (not being fecicious, seriously want to know)

I read in Good Housekeeping, an article called The A-Z guide to a healthier, happier you. And it states that lowering your calories to 500-800 calories a day. ( So technically a detox) it says that Professor Mark Mattson suggests that intermittent fasting can lead to a drop in blood sugar levels and a fall in the hormones linked to cancer and diabetes and lowers the harmful blood fats. and also triggers a protective process in the brain and that potentionally help against Alzheimers and Parkinsons disease.
  • nasja1984
    Options
    Why do you mention the dress if it has nothing to do with why you want to lose weight?
    I don't really know whiy I did. I guess I must have subconciously been thinking about it. It's really not relevant.
  • nasja1984
    Options
    well, it's not healthy but in an emergency and for one day only you can take diuretics and drink water and black coffee. You should be able to lose enough water and empty your colon enough to go down one size. But watch drinking alcohol like this because you will already be severly dehydrated and can get really sick! And for the record...I am not advocating this as a healthy diet tip!!!

Thank, yes, its just for a day... thank you for taking the time to give a thoughtful response.

omgosh...........you are so smart! Please friend me if you don't mind.

Okay, so the diuretic and dehydrate yourself club get "thank you for your thoughtful responses," but the healthier alternative Spanx crowd gets ignored? Yeah... that makes sense.

You don't need to make weight like a wrestler does. They can't wear Spanx to meet their weight class. However, YOU can wear Spanx to look better in a dress that "fits." So throw the dangerous stuff out the window and go shopping. They sell generic Spanx cheaper as well if you cannot afford the official brand.

Well she did specifically ask about losing weight quickly, not about what kinds of clothing you can wear to appear thinner. And she also specifically asked for people *not* to lecture her on the super super dangerous idea of not eating for 24 hours... Maybe she's secretly an amateur body builder looking for cutting tips and the dress thing is a ruse? Who knows, but maybe answer her question instead of making up a new one for her.