Any hunters here?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Totally get the 'hunting for food' bit but can anyone explain to me the 'sport' part?

Blowing an animals head off with a telescopic sight high powered rifle from 5 yards doesn't sound very 'sporting' in terms of a fair fight..
    In Africa, the Samburu and Masai people hunt Lions with nothing more than their bare hands..that sounds more like an even keel to me... I respect your right to hunt, but I just can't understand how this is remotely 'sporting'...
    people that dont have a clue about what they are talking about should just stay quiet. The thread didnt ask for anyones opinion on hunting so who fibbed to you and told you that we actually cared what yours was?
  • sirthickness
    Options
    Totally get the 'hunting for food' bit but can anyone explain to me the 'sport' part?

Blowing an animals head off with a telescopic sight high powered rifle from 5 yards doesn't sound very 'sporting' in terms of a fair fight..
    In Africa, the Samburu and Masai people hunt Lions with nothing more than their bare hands..that sounds more like an even keel to me... I respect your right to hunt, but I just can't understand how this is remotely 'sporting'...
    Oh, for craps sake! I just read your bio and you are from Africa and claim to have "walked with the lions" and are Masai. You should KNOW they don't hunt lions solo and with their "bare hands". Seriously! I also see that you are a vegetarian, which I have no problem with, however, you have covertly showed your true distaste for hunters and probably meat eaters in general. I say this based on your ill-informed rant about how modern hunting is not "sporting". I bet you $1, if you introduced the Masai to modern hunting techniques, they would welcome it with open arms, beyond, of course what is their "rite of passage" into manhood.

Honestly, I don't care that you are a vegetarian. It is a choice you made and that's cool, but don't spew lies in an effort to degrade what someone else does. It just makes you look like a fool.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Watch it guys, all you need is a couple of haters to get in here and pull the "I don't get the sport " thing and get people all riled up and then the moderators will shut the thread down. I was surprised this one lasted as long as it did.

I hunt paper, metal and clays ;) Love to shoot but I haven't gotten into hunting animals. DH hunts bow, shotgun and black powder. I've helped with the processing once it arrives home, but I don't want to see it between whole animal form and off the bone ready to be cut and packaged. Right now we're in deer season. Fingers crossed he gets one. He's seen about 4 different bucks but had trouble getting them in range/away from trees to shoot.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    Watch it guys, all you need is a couple of haters to get in here and pull the "I don't get the sport " thing and get people all riled up and then the moderators will shut the thread down. I was surprised this one lasted as long as it did.

I hunt paper, metal and clays ;) Love to shoot but I haven't gotten into hunting animals. DH hunts bow, shotgun and black powder. I've helped with the processing once it arrives home, but I don't want to see it between whole animal form and off the bone ready to be cut and packaged. Right now we're in deer season. Fingers crossed he gets one. He's seen about 4 different bucks but had trouble getting them in range/away from trees to shoot.
    Hunting paper and steal are my favorite hobbies. Don't get to do enough of it because I live near Seattle and there aren't many ranges around here.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    I love to hunt and fish!!! Ive killed one buck three does and 3 coyotes all with my bow :)

SDC11170.jpg004.jpg
    This, my fellow MRPer's, is pure awesomeness!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't, but encourage and support my husband to go hunting. I loves me some venison!
    Yep.

Had bacon wrapped cheese stuffed venison yesterday. It was ridiculous.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I am going hunting on Thanksgiving day.

LOBSTER hunting off the Kayak.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I am going hunting on Thanksgiving day.

LOBSTER hunting off the Kayak.
    Nice!
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    deer and turkeys!
  • BillyD81
    BillyD81 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay safe to everyone hunting this week. Gun season starts in the A.M. here in Ohio
  • Flamenquero
    Options
    I haven't hunted in decades, but I still shoot. Was just at the gun range yesterday shooting my pistols.