BLACK TEEM WEEK 10!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I did my 5 mile tempo run last night...and have decided that I really hate them. I know it will make me better, but I really don't like it. I'm definitely a fan of the longer runs.

Does that mean you fartleked?

Don't be bashful 'bout tellin'.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I did my 5 mile tempo run last night...and have decided that I really hate them. I know it will make me better, but I really don't like it. I'm definitely a fan of the longer runs.

Not actually fartleking...I did a mile to warm up; 3 straight miles at "race pace" and a mile to cool down. It was pretty hot and humid, so that race pace was really hard...but I survived.
  • Marla64
    Options

Not actually fartleking...I did a mile to warm up; 3 straight miles at "race pace" and a mile to cool down. It was pretty hot and humid, so that race pace was really hard...but I survived.

That's wonderful-- I wish I had started getting myself in shape when I was your age-- your future and potential for this is limitless, sweetie-- congratulations!

Better late than never, though-- right?
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Nothing:

The blinking Yoda in Marla's signature makes me smile..

oops, wrong thread..:laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Nothing:

Not to worry, Janie-- I talk a whole lot of nothin' no matter what thread I'm in--

It's a curse.:ohwell:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

That's wonderful-- I wish I had started getting myself in shape when I was your age-- your future and potential for this is limitless, sweetie-- congratulations!

Amen, sista friend...it is never too late!

I came to a wonderful realization last weekend (during my run, no less) that although my life isn't quite what I planned on it being at 29, in some ways it is better than I could have ever hoped for. So, I am not married with the house in the suburbs and don't have kids yet, and I don't have my dream job either. I have an absolutely amazing boyfriend, who I am working towards that future with. My dream job is within reach, thanks to alternative certification programs (I want to teach elementary school). Best of all, I am in absolutely amazing health and shape right now. I always figured I would be a little thicker (not as fat as I actually got, just thick) and non-athletic...but I am in training for a freaking half-marathon. Huge deal for a girl who was quickly eating her way to 300 pounds. Definitely not having a case of the freakouts for my 29th birthday. I say, Bring it!

And, while I was thinking about this...I kind of thought that I may add running a full marathon to my list of things to accomplish by my 30th birthday. Never thought in a million years I'd even get that thought in my head.

Sorry about the book!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Nothing:

Hehe...it happens.
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Howdy Black team. Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of weeks. Been pretty busy at work. I went to the dr yesterday and found that my BP was through the roof! I don't really want to go on medication, so I am looking for ways to lower it naturally. anyone have any ideas?? I know if I lose some pounds, it will help a ton. I really need to focus see if that will help the situation. I think this may be my wake up call. I see everyone is doing well! I love this new challenge and can't wait to get home and move! I have my 10 class reunion next week. Another wake up call that is going to be I'm sure! Most of the classmates I still keep in contact with look amazing and I feel like a flabby mess. Can't wait to go though! Well all, have a great day and weekend and I'll talk to you all soon!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Morning Black Team

This morning I had to change my heart rate monitor to my current weight since it had been 50 pounds since I did, I did my 5 mile walk and burned 415 calories which is still good but I usually burned 525 calories ( when it was wrong weight I guess). I guess I shouls have updated it awhile ago and it would not have been as bad.

I gotta work with my DH tomorrow we own our own heating and air business and I gotta help him uggghh Talk about hard work, I should sweat my butt off lets hope.

Well Hope all is good and have a great week. My scale has not moved since weigh in, these last 3 pounds are gonna take a month to get off I feel it.

Thanks Renea and Lynn about my picture comments!!!!

Off to get my friends baby

Just got a chance to peek at your profile...you look like a different woman! So proud of you!
  • Marla64
    Options

Amen, sista friend...it is never too late!

I came to a wonderful realization last weekend (during my run, no less) that although my life isn't quite what I planned on it being at 29, in some ways it is better than I could have ever hoped for. So, I am not married with the house in the suburbs and don't have kids yet, and I don't have my dream job either. I have an absolutely amazing boyfriend, who I am working towards that future with. My dream job is within reach, thanks to alternative certification programs (I want to teach elementary school). Best of all, I am in absolutely amazing health and shape right now. I always figured I would be a little thicker (not as fat as I actually got, just thick) and non-athletic...but I am in training for a freaking half-marathon. Huge deal for a girl who was quickly eating her way to 300 pounds. Definitely not having a case of the freakouts for my 29th birthday. I say, Bring it!

And, while I was thinking about this...I kind of thought that I may add running a full marathon to my list of things to accomplish by my 30th birthday. Never thought in a million years I'd even get that thought in my head.

Sorry about the book!

You kiddin me? I love books!

You made me cry--

I :heart: my black team--

You're all amazing people.

God bless you, Shuntae--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Shuntae- what a great way to look at things.

I did my interview this monring. Got my 'teacher' blood flowing a little bit, it was almost exciting. I will learn to live with whatever happens, maybe not like it all the time, but live with it none-the-less. I'm spoiled. I know.

I found the 3 or so pounds I gained on vacation. It's all on my *kitten*, hanging there like saddle bags. I feel it when I run. It wiggles, jiggles, bouces and actually hurts! Geez. DH thought I was crazy when I told him that, but it's like there is extra there bouncing and it really doesn't feel good.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I did my interview this monring. Got my 'teacher' blood flowing a little bit, it was almost exciting. I will learn to live with whatever happens, maybe not like it all the time, but live with it none-the-less. I'm spoiled. I know.

I found the 3 or so pounds I gained on vacation. It's all on my *kitten*, hanging there like saddle bags. I feel it when I run. It wiggles, jiggles, bouces and actually hurts! Geez. DH thought I was crazy when I told him that, but it's like there is extra there bouncing and it really doesn't feel good.

Good luck with the job! :flowerforyou:

What do husbands know? I don't talk much about my opinion about my body to Dave either because he either sighs at me or looks at me like I'm crazy. That's what we're here for! I know exactly what you mean about butt jiggling while working out. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

What do husbands know? I don't talk much about my opinion about my body to Dave either because he either sighs at me or looks at me like I'm crazy. That's what we're here for! I know exactly what you mean about butt jiggling while working out. :laugh:

My husband can't see anything except loss of bewbs--

He'd be happy if I gained all the weight back just so I'd regrow my hooters--

:laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Dave is a butt guy. I asked what he'd do if I lost my butt. He said "You won't. I'd bring home lots of doughnuts." :noway: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options

Dave is a butt guy. I asked what he'd do if I lost my butt. He said "You won't. I'd bring home lots of doughnuts." :noway: :laugh:

My DH is a butt guy too. He makes the comment almost daily, "Look at that butt!" Good thing I guess, the bewbs are sad. Maybe he was happy about the extra *kitten*.... hmm, never thought of that.

It's gotta go though, hurts too much having it bounce all over. It's like painful aftershocks rippling with each step.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    ooh, the dreaded jogging jiggle. hate that. i've been blessed with a dh who loves all of my body. he's always offering to "hold this up" or "hold this down". Bless his heart:wink:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Checking in..sleeping hubby...all's good.:smile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Thought I would pop in for a minute.

M is sleeping on the couch and A has slept a total of 1 hour all day long. She is in her bed screaming her head off right now.

Took M to the Dr. today was frightened that she was going to have to get shots but lucked out and didn't need anything. She did how ever weigh in at a wopping 41.5 pounds and 41.25 inches tall. That puts her in the 98 percentile for weight and 99 percentile for height. They aren't worried about her weight because she is so tall. THANK GOD!! Not like the girl eats anything besides breakfast foods anyways!:grumble:

I have been very grumpy and moody lately. I am not sure if it's TOM coming or if it's because my baby is turning 1 on tuesday.:sad: :sad: :sad:

Tried to go for a run this AM and not sure if I couldn't do it because I ran yesterday on the treamill or if it was just to bloody hot out today but I jogged 1 mile and walked 2 then, I came home and mowed the lawn. It had been about 2 weeks since I mowed so it was bad. Took me an hour.

Grocery shopping today was fun though. We got a lot of BOGO free items. we had to go to 3 different stores so putting them in and them taking them out was no fun (I feel for you Marla) but we got good stuff.

Anyways I'm sure I will be back later to chat.

I also updates my ticker so I could see how much farther I have to go.
  • Marla64
    Options

we had to go to 3 different stores so putting them in and them taking them out was no fun (I feel for you Marla) but we got good stuff.

Heck, woman-- I have older kids helping me with the carseats-- once upon a time, though, I was in your shoes-- interesting times.

They don't last forever, and before long you'll miss 'em. (I think-- I keep having kids so I never have a chance to miss 'em :ohwell: )
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    ooh, the dreaded jogging jiggle. hate that. i've been blessed with a dh who loves all of my body. he's always offering to "hold this up" or "hold this down". Bless his heart:wink:

My BF is like that too. He loved it when there was more and loves it just as much now that there is less. :love: