BLACK TEEM WEEK 10!!

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

we had to go to 3 different stores so putting them in and them taking them out was no fun (I feel for you Marla) but we got good stuff.

Heck, woman-- I have older kids helping me with the carseats-- once upon a time, though, I was in your shoes-- interesting times.

They don't last forever, and before long you'll miss 'em. (I think-- I keep having kids so I never have a chance to miss 'em :ohwell: )

I think that is why I am so sad this week. A is turning 1 on tuesday and all I have been doing every day is crying. I told hubs last night that I never want them to grow up. It's so sad that our baby is getting so big.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart--

I'm rather doing the happy dance that my youngest is almost two-- looking forward to him being a bit lower maintenance-- and really doing the happy dance that as of today, I know I definitely do not have 10 children-- if ya know what I'm sayin'.

But, I've been in the trenches so long, I'm really looking forward to gettin' out.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do with moving 30 extra minutes today? I have an hour lunch so I took a walk on my lunch instead of sitting on my lazy bupkiss.

I did well........but spread it out over the day. Took a few laps around the bldg in 100 degree weather. Hotter on one side of the bldg than the other....weird.:huh:

I did my bathroom push ups and squats......:wink:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sam - I feel you! Harley is 10 1/2 months and I'm already dreading 1. I already get sad just looking at how big she is and I warned Dave that I'll cry on her birthday. He said, "I won't. I'll eat cake." :noway: :laugh:

Harley and I did our walk/jog today. It started sprinkling so we headed towards home but it stopped so we kept going. So we didn't do our usual route, just kinda decided to turn or go straight when I got to a street but still got over an hour. When Dave got home we rode bikes for the first time in a couple weeks but got caught in rain after only 15 minutes. We weren't inside 5 minutes when it started thundering and lightning. Made it!

We had fish tonight. Usually do it on the grill but Dave didn't really want to grill in the rain and lightning. So we tried it in the oven, failed, and did it in a pan on the stove. We'll have to practice cooking it inside so we can cook it right next year for lent (now that Dave eats fish).

I'm gonna have some strawberries (yum!) and relax. Laters black teamers! :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hello! Hope all is well. Work is keeping me busy and worn out. Working hard and with the heat in the building it just gets me tired. Have a great night all!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sam - I feel you! Harley is 10 1/2 months and I'm already dreading 1. I already get sad just looking at how big she is and I warned Dave that I'll cry on her birthday. He said, "I won't. I'll eat cake." :noway: :laugh:

Harley and I did our walk/jog today. It started sprinkling so we headed towards home but it stopped so we kept going. So we didn't do our usual route, just kinda decided to turn or go straight when I got to a street but still got over an hour. When Dave got home we rode bikes for the first time in a couple weeks but got caught in rain after only 15 minutes. We weren't inside 5 minutes when it started thundering and lightning. Made it!

We had fish tonight. Usually do it on the grill but Dave didn't really want to grill in the rain and lightning. So we tried it in the oven, failed, and did it in a pan on the stove. We'll have to practice cooking it inside so we can cook it right next year for lent (now that Dave eats fish).

I'm gonna have some strawberries (yum!) and relax. Laters black teamers! :flowerforyou:

I wrap my fish in tin foil with garlic, chopped onion, red pepper and close it up with a tablespoon of water or olive oil if you have the cals left for it. Close it tight and turn on one burner of the grill.........and put the fish on the other side. takes about 30 min and it is yummo!!:flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    You can put that foil packet in the oven, too. I like to add a dash of lemon (never tried the garlic Jeannie). My favorite is mahi mahi or orange roughy with pineapple juice, ginger, old bay and a charred orange pepper.

Tonight we are having marlin steaks with peach salsa.

I just love fish.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    You can put that foil packet in the oven, too. I like to add a dash of lemon (never tried the garlic Jeannie). My favorite is mahi mahi or orange roughy with pineapple juice, ginger, old bay and a charred orange pepper.

I just love fish.

I have all the ingred for the orange roughy...we are goign to have this tonight. Thanks Lynnie!

Have a good day my friend:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I just love fish.

I was just thinking about the 1st time I fell in :heart: with you.

I read a post of yours and you ended it with something like

Lynnie, the girl who loves beer

or something like that and it was just the cutest thing I had ever seen! Made just like ya kiddo!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Black Team

Just stopping ny for a minute then off to work with my husband this morning....FUN FUN

My DH and I actually got up at 6 and went walking with me we went 3 miles which is not the 5 I usually go but you know what I will take it he never walks with me, I will just walk this afternoon while he is studying to make up for my extra 2 miles....ALL SMILES that he went with now now he is eating a heatlhy breakfast instead of hopping to MCDonalds or krispy Kreme for breakfast....I am so proud of him...
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Black Team

Just stopping ny for a minute then off to work with my husband this morning....FUN FUN

My DH and I actually got up at 6 and went walking with me we went 3 miles which is not the 5 I usually go but you know what I will take it he never walks with me, I will just walk this afternoon while he is studying to make up for my extra 2 miles....ALL SMILES that he went with now now he is eating a heatlhy breakfast instead of hopping to MCDonalds or krispy Kreme for breakfast....I am so proud of him...

Good morning!

Congrats to you for showing such a good example of a healthy lifestyle for your family...what a wonderful gift you are giving them! Good luck at work!
  • Marla64
    Options

I just love fish.

or something like that and it was just the cutest thing I had ever seen! Made just like ya kiddo!

Seriously-- she would always end her posts like that--

Always cracked me up--

Marla, the girl who :heart: Lynnie and Jeannie (and all youse guys)
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I just love fish.

Seriously-- she would always end her posts like that--

Always cracked me up--

Marla, the girl who :heart: Lynnie and Jeannie (and all youse guys)

Me too!!

Jeannie, the girl who is goign to the beach right this very minute
  • Marla64
    Options
    Greetings, beloved team--

How can I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate!

(I've always wanted to say that to someone-- )

Well, my friends-- while in the animal kingdom I may be a tough, old bird, in the plant kingdom I am but a pansy. Cool temps, frosty nights, throw a bit of snow on me-- I thrive. But turn up the temperature and leave in the bright sunlight? I'm dead.

So, out I stepped on my porch this morning to see how lovely and, yes, temperate this summer day was. So I decided to venture away from my 30 year old, tree lined, neighborhood mile lap that I run, and head out into the town, over by the new neighborhoods by the new middle school. Getting this?

New school. New houses. New neighborhood. New trees. NO SHADE.

70 something degrees, sunny-- no shade. I'm dying.:noway: I tried to hop onto the sidewalk, where there was a bit more shade, but the slope is different and it hurt my old lady hip. Whaddyagonnado? So, back onto the griddle I went.

Having enough woman issues already to contend with, least of which is cramps this morning, the sun positively wilted me. I toughed it out to the middle school, about two miles away, and had a brisk walk home. I'll try and get a couple more miles in tonight with the hub machine when he gets home.

I pray (hope, wish, am crossing my fingers, sending good thoughts-- pick your poison) that you all are happy and at peace this day--

Sending love--
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Waving to Marla above me!!:happy:

Good morning everyone!! Just stopped in to log my food and say hi:happy: This weeks challenge sounds really good to me. I didnt get in any exercise all last week with being out of town, so Ive been really ready to get back into moving! Its amazing how sluggish you begin to feel when your used to working out and dont get it for a few days:ohwell:

Have a great weekend all!!:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Marla- my hubs just tried to drag me out running at noon- in Florida- 90 degrees- sunny- humid as anything. Not gonna happen. There isn't a stich of shade anywhere in our development. No way no how. I wanted to go to the gym, he wanted to go outside. Instead I'm doing nothing.

Vacation damaged me. I thought I was ready to pick up the pieces and keep going. It's harder than I thought. My eating is still not 100% back on track, my exercise is not back either. All I can think of is driving back to PA in 2 1/2 weeks and stressing over what the *kitten* I'm going to do if I get a job.

I keep asking myself why I applied in the first place. Insanity. I'm pleading it. I like my little stay at home mom, go to the gym, time for me life. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I was thinking $$$$$$, I had to be, no other reason to disrupt what I've got going on.

Anyway, what will be will be. I hope I find out soon so I can either freak even more or relax and be happy. Screw the money! Ahh, if it were only so easy.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!

I am apologizing now because I have been suck as$ all week and it just got worse.

Hubby called his parents and now my side of the family isn't invited to the party because hubbies aunt has been stressing out the family and FIL's health is not so great. Also because hubs' grandmother freaks out when new people are around. GREAT!! not!!

How do I tell my family that the party that they were first invited to that they are no longer invited? Do you think I should try and find a park to have a small family get together with my family and maybe one of my aunts or uncles will volunteer their house or should I just ask? I HATE THIS!!!

His father also told him that the party has to be on the saturday that we arrive. WTF!?! we are going to get there LATE LATE LATE friday night and I have to get up and make a cake for a party that I don't even want to do?!?!

I have a feeling that I am going to lose more weight up there then I have been here. My excape there is to just go and instead of driving I am going to go for a walk or a jog or even just stay out all day on my bike.

TTYL!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Sam- families! At some point you have to do what is good for you, your hubs and your kids. If it doesn't work for others- well, too bad. It's not fair to put this much stress on you over what is supposed to be fun. Good luck with all of it, I'm sure it will work out- if not, you'll come home a skinny minnie! lol

Take a deep breath, relax, blame it on hubs, it'll make you feel better. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Waving to Marla above me!!:happy:

Good morning everyone!! Just stopped in to log my food and say hi:happy: This weeks challenge sounds really good to me. I didnt get in any exercise all last week with being out of town, so Ive been really ready to get back into moving! Its amazing how sluggish you begin to feel when your used to working out and dont get it for a few days:ohwell:

Have a great weekend all!!:flowerforyou:

Waving back atcha Roni-- Waving.gif

Love the new picture! Get back to the exercising, Missy-- you too, Lori-- no excuses. Vacation's over, dearie!!

Sam-- not sure what party-- puttin' two and two, your baby's 1st birthday? I haven't had time to read back posts--

Bottom line-- you know what has always worked for hubs and me? Tell extended family to stick it and do what works for you and yours-- this is when the party is, be there or be square.

Recipe for sanity and fewer gray hairs, believe you me.

Had a lovely time at the park with my younger 5 kids, and called a homeschooling friend who brought 7 of her 8 kids and joined us. Good times.

Broke a molar when I got back. I rather figured it was fixin' to break. It's been bothering me now and then, even chewing soft foods, so I knew it was getting ready to break. Unfortunately, we have no dental coverage. It's not hurting right now, so we'll play it by ear-- or, uh, tooth-- ??

Heading to type-- later, my good team!!
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the zucchini recipes everyone! I made some last night with tomatoes. Good stuff!

As for my workout, I did a 45 minute walk with Ashanti (she's 15 pounds now)--half downhill, half uphill.

My water intake is slowly increasing.