What's on the menu for dinner tonight?

Options
cramernh
cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
Ive got a bad craving going on.... am thinking of making some homemade chinese tonight!

Gingered Beef with a stir-fry of red, orange and yellow bell peppers, baby bella mushrooms, onions, snap peas, carrots and broccoli in a hearty sauce with soy sauce, gahhhhhlic, star anise, couple of szechuan peppers.

Ill make white rice for my husband, but Ill have tofu noodles to go with mine.

Perhaps some traditional Chinese tea eggs as well!!!

What are you all having for dinner?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I'll be right over! haha :) I'm a poor college student...so tonight, it's either soup and a wheat baguette, or a frozen mini pizza, with carrots! :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'll be right over! haha :) I'm a poor college student...so tonight, it's either soup and a wheat baguette, or a frozen mini pizza, with carrots! :)

Im a firm believer that soup is a 24/7 deal!!!
  • catfyson
    catfyson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Treating myself (and my other half) tonight to the classic chicken nuggets and chips... I've earned it calorie wise!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Beef casserole for us tonight all made in the slow cooker xxx
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I will not be eating well for dinner tonight. My husband has a craving for what we call "ghetto lasagna." It's cooked egg noodles, american singles cheese, and cooked bacon layered and baked and topped with tomato sauce. It sounds gross and it's a lot of calories, but it is very tastey, and even better reheated the next day.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Beef casserole for us tonight all made in the slow cooker xxx

Recipe for this? Always looking for something new :)

At our house I just put peppers, onions, sweet italian sausage and spaghetti sauce on low in the crockpot to cook away for supper tonight. Will serve over whole wheat pasta.

**the chicken sausage option is really good with this too if it's available in your area. Cuts down on some of the calories AND if I don't tell the family they never know ;)
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    think i might make veggie chilli tonight, quorn mince, red onion, garlic, red peppers, courgettes and lots of spices :happy:
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    turkey burger :)
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with Italian herb mix and grilled veggie kabobs, I am skipping the rice but making it for the rest of the family
  • wendiann2222
    Options
    second half of Boston Pizza's Crispy Chicken pecan Salad w/o the garlic toast (i ate the other half last night for supper) and perhaps a small bowl (approx 1 cup combined) of homemade spaghetti with beef/pork meatballs
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Probably sauerkraut and turkey smoked sausage. Not sure about sides yet
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Giant Yorkshire pudding, with slow-cooked beef and carrots, and rosemary roast potatoes. Yum!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm a little nervous about dinner tonight! It's a graduation party and this is the menu.

Pulled pork bbq or Italian beef on buns.

Potato salad

Creamy cole slaw

CAKE!

I don't even know if there will be any healthy stuff there but I'll watch my portions and I'm going to exercise before I go so I have a few extra calories to eat. It's all about adjusting your former 'lifestyle' to the new, healthier one!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    This sounds very interesting :) x
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Beans on toast probably. I'm really just not in the mood for cooking this evening.
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    Am contemplating this for tonight...but with chicken and on wheat.

Shredded Beef Barbecue Recipe

Ingredients
    1 beef sirloin tip roast (2-1/2 pounds)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 cup each ketchup and water
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    2 teaspoons celery seed
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    12 kaiser rolls, split
    Directions
    Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat; drain.
    Transfer roast to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the ketchup, water, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, celery seed and chili powder; pour over roast.
    Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks and return to slow cooker. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
    Nutritional Analysis:
    One sandwich equals 313 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Homemade curry chicken and ambrosia. First time for making the ambrosia and I haven't had it in forever. I remember liking it, so we will see how that goes...
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Whole grain penne with mild italian sausage in marinara sauce, broccoli, and multigrain rolls.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Korma Curry, yum yum!
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    A peach and vanilla protein smoothie. YUMMY!