Ladies, do you run/workout in a sports bra (in public)?

Options

Replies

• KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    At the gym? No. Running outside in the summer in heat and humidity? Yes. I'm not at the point yet where I can run in just a sports bra, but hopefully I will be soon! I don't see anything wrong with it!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't do it in public. Only because my stomach is no where near flat. But at home, a shirt is just too hot!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    If men can pull out their man boobs and wave them around in public, women can wear a sports bra if they want. I don't think it's inappropriate at all. Rock that bra.
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i used to not do it because i thought, 'it's a bra' and not appropriate. then one day, i realized that it covers more than most bathing suit tops and no one says anything when you're in public in a bathing suit so i started to and am fine with it. and i don't wear makeup to the gym either - to me that's more inappropriate. and i sweat a lot when i'm working out so it's so much more comfortable for me than having a t-shirt over my workout bra, which makes me hotter and makes it harder to stick with a workout. you're working out for yourself so you want to be comfortable and get the most out of your workout time - for me, whatever works for you is what you want to do!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally modest. I wear a T-shirt over a sports bra at the gym. Or I wrap a shirt or jacket around my middle so I can cover up if I feel self-conscious or get cold. But there's nothing wrong with wearing just a sports bra at the gym or while running outdoors. Outdoors, you may get some catcalls. Of course, that's not your problem, but some women aren't interested in dealing with that.

I will never need to, but I could never wear those tiny bikini-like bottoms that serious women runners wear. Maybe they only wear them for races, not for training. I would feel terribly exposed. I hear they like the feeling of freedom as they run.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I usually only wear mine at home in front of the mirror, smearing on lipstick and reciting lines from Silence of the Lambs.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if it's appropriate or not, when I meet my goal, you better believe I'll be running in mine!

Who cares, you've worked hard to be able to do that-show it off!
    it's also easier to run in less clothing because it's less resistance/bulk...go for it! Also, you're not doing it to get a date or hookup or whatever...you're working out, and if it's hot...definitely.

Do what you feel like doing! :)
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    seems absolutely fine from where I'm sitting.

(seriously, its up to you what you wear, provided everything importants covered up! I dont give a damn what others think and nor should you...)

thank you! I just don't like to make anyone feel uncomfortable or seem disrespectful. I had never EVER thought it was inappropriate until that moment.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I see someone out running in just a sports bra I usually think, "Good for her!" Because no one wants to see my pasty white love handles. However, I think if you're going to do a run/errand running combo you should wear a shirt. I was once in line to buy groceries and the woman in front of me was wearing skin tight leggings and a sports bra, and buying onions. Now, maybe she was out for a run (with her credit card...?) and just realized she forgot to pick up onions, but it seemed like this was all planned. So if you're going to do something like that I would say wear a shirt over your sports bra, even if it's just a tank top so you don't look like you're grocery shopping in your underwear.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Personally when walking in the neighborhood early in the morning I just wear a loose tee shirt and leggings or shorts. I feel so restricted in a bra. But who knows, once drop a few more pounds I may will. I think its okay to wear one if that is what is comfortable to you.

When walking the track or going to Curves after work, I change into the most comfortable bra I have. I cant workout feeling restricted.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if it's appropriate or not, when I meet my goal, you better believe I'll be running in mine!

Who cares, you've worked hard to be able to do that-show it off!
    it's also easier to run in less clothing because it's less resistance/bulk...go for it! Also, you're not doing it to get a date or hookup or whatever...you're working out, and if it's hot...definitely.

Do what you feel like doing! :)

LOL! you're a spunky one-I like it! :)
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    it's up to your comfort level, work out in what your comfortable with.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Someday when I get really lean and fit, I will be running around in tight yoga pants and a sports bra. That day is not today.

Anyone who has a problem with it can just kiss my sexy booty.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    i would just like to say a few things here. 1. alot of people go swimming in a 2 piece,which shows more that a sports bra,and nothing is wrong with that. 2. the point is to excercise,not care about what other people think of you,so as long as you are doing it because you feel better in it, more power to you. and 3. creeps will stare no matter what you are wearing so it doesn't really change anything hahaha
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I did in the late 80's when I was a teenager because that's what everyone did back then, and I wasn't super curvy at that point. Now, curvy, bigger chest, no thanks! I guess it would depend on how comfortable I felt. At home, I'll wear a sportsbra and workout, in public only if I were to my goal weight and super fit and felt comfortable enough to do it, like it was hot enough out, etc. But I haven't been there in years, soooo...
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    So it's inappropriate for you to wear just a sports bra, most of which are made to look like a crop top anyway, but not inappropriate for some men to walk around the streets with no shirts on?

I don't do it personally, but that's because I have my own body issues that I have to deal with. I don't feel it's inappropriate at all. You run/work out however you feel most comfortable.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I am working out, I am not looking to hook up. A sports bra is UNDER wear.

What if I wear one of top of the other?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    On days when I'm feeling particularly confident about my tummy I'll go running in just the bra and shorts. I live in Florida and it's SO HOT here that wearing a t-shirt is kind of torture. But on days when I feel "flabby" I'm too embarrassed to run without a shirt. It's silly, I know.

ETA: On the days I do go in just a sports bra, I get double the cat calls, whistles, and honks from passing cars, and it's pretty annoying. So that's something to consider as well.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    So it's inappropriate for you to wear just a sports bra, most of which are made to look like a crop top anyway, but not inappropriate for some men to walk around the streets with no shirts on?

Bikinis must be inappropriate too..

Shucks.
  • goldiemom11
    Options
    Modest is hottest. Please keep the girls covered in public, it is common decency. Congrats if you've got a great body, proudly show your spouse.