Replies

• DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Funny thing....you resemble one of those guys
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What's the deal with hot women being attracted to ugly *kitten* men? I see it everywhere. I think I'm going to let my face get run over by a truck.

z213970347.jpg
    43sacha_baron_cohen.jpg

Wait, what? These men are ugly? huh?

Lol, Right? I mean, the first one has a strange looking face, but he's far from ugly...

I thought the same thing. I've definitely seen the hot girl/ugly guy phenomenon both in real life and on sitcoms, but I don't think either of them fall into that category. Sure they may not be at the same hot level as the women they are with, but neither are ugly.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I think looks are important as far as initial attraction....but personality is KEY to why people are together. To me a sense of humor is necessary too.
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    Someone should make a male version of Beauty and the Beast and make all small boys watch it from a young age so we don't have to deal with this superficial BS later on.

Sorry :P
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more concerned with why hot guys are with women who have ugly personalities.

I've seen hot guys and then I see their girlfriend/wife complaining about everything, being rude to waitstaff, being rude to other people in the store, being rude to the guy...I just wonder, "Doesn't that guy know there are some hot girls who don't have snarky attitudes?"

Most women like guys for more than just looks anyway, I can spot a player a mile away, and I run the other way.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been running a dating advice site for about a dozen years. So between my own real-life experience, second hand accounts from friends and family, and what I've witnessed on that site, I've made a lot of observations.

And while I absolutely hate to make sweeping generalizations... I will say that heterosexual men are the WORST judges of what women find attractive. :laugh:
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    I'm a smart guy. And I'm single right now.

LOL, If that was true, you'd not make that statement.

In related news, check out my "In case you are lonely tonight" thread from yesterday.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/602904-in-case-you-are-lonely-tonight?page=3#posts-8645449
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/602904-in-case-you-are-lonely-tonight?page=3#posts-8645449
    Oh because you've known me all my life. You can make a general statement about me like that. Thanks for educating me.

Nice leap, but no. A hand full of posts made it very clear just how smart you are. Carry on.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more concerned with why hot guys are with women who have ugly personalities.

I've seen hot guys and then I see their girlfriend/wife complaining about everything, being rude to waitstaff, being rude to other people in the store, being rude to the guy...I just wonder, "Doesn't that guy know there are some hot girls who don't have snarky attitudes?"

Most women like guys for more than just looks anyway, I can spot a player a mile away, and I run the other way.

Hey baby...I really like your strawberry shortcake...!

:flowerforyou:
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I'll have to ask my better half about this!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

do I need to run the other way because you just like me for my looks (looks tasty huh?)? Or do you like me for my 'insides' (strawberries and cream)? :laugh:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

do I need to run the other way because you just like me for my looks (looks tasty huh?)? Or do you like me for my 'insides' (strawberries and cream)? :laugh:

Oh my...hahaha
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've been running a dating advice site for about a dozen years. So between my own real-life experience, second hand accounts from friends and family, and what I've witnessed on that site, I've made a lot of observations.

And while I absolutely hate to make sweeping generalizations... I will say that heterosexual men are the WORST judges of what women find attractive. :laugh:

funny but true...LOL
    Im amazed at some of the remarks and comments made by my male friends about the ladies....
    think we are just built differently...woman are more judgmental and hard on one another

I think chemistry comes in many shapes and sizes and might not always make sense to us
    I for one find smarts very attractive (as I was a recruiter for actuaries for 8 yrs)
    but cant deny physical attraction in a relationship is important
  • crisanderson27
    Options

I have a feeling that any reply I make to this (or at least am capable of making to this lol), is going to damn me straight to hell.

Well played Miss, very well played :).
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Perhaps women go more for brains than looks? And men do the opposite. Having a "hot woman" shouldn't be as much of a priority as having a compatible individual as your significant other. After all, their looks wont be around forever - their personalities will.
    Yes but you still have to sleep with that every night. Don't know how they do it.

Funnily enough beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, looks don't last.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    What's the deal with hot women being attracted to ugly *kitten* men?

I resemble that remark!

Dude, why are you checking out dudes wondering if that dude is hot or not. There are websites for that you know...
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Seriously? One person's take on "hot" is another person's definition of "ugh".

heck yeah! We all have different taste. How do you know the men are "ugly" maybe there personality makes them hot?? I see some handsome men with not so pretty wives, but I think that maybe HE thinks she is pretty, thats all that matters.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    What's the deal with hot women being attracted to ugly *kitten* men? I see it everywhere. I think I'm going to let my face get run over by a truck.

z213970347.jpg
    43sacha_baron_cohen.jpg

Both us these men are very hot. Your post is invalid.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Right on!!! My husband doesnt have a clue, and I will never ask him about any hairstyle questions , Never ask a man for their opinion on your hair!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Right on!!! My husband doesnt have a clue, and I will never ask him about any hairstyle questions , Never ask a man for their opinion on your hair!

Why? Isn't he the one who has to look at it?
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Because nerds are sex-ay. And I like a guy who knows how to use a good sized...uh... Sense of humor. Size isn't all that matters but it takes a too long to get to england in a rowboat.