Are you in your 40's looking for a motivational buddy?

Options

Replies

• Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    *waves* 40 here. I still cringe when I say that! It's been a difficult transition from my 30s..... I don't cope well with change!

+1 for that! Still not quite come to terms with it...

What if it takes a decade and I just get used to being 40 and then I turn 50?!
  • WorkitoutBev
    WorkitoutBev Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and will be 46 next month, this is my 2nd week logging my food. I'm in need of some motivational buddies as well.
  • mickisfit
    mickisfit Posts: 1
    Options
    I'll be 48 in a few months. I'm 15 pounds down with 32 to go. I am working hard to rethink my "relationship" with food, including: What I eat - Where I eat - With whom I eat - How often I eat - What times and days I eat - When to fast, etc,

Then there's this whole exercise thing. Burning 150 or so calories after a hour of walking seems like a weak payoff, so I have to remind myself that exercise is only one part of weight loss. I'm better off focusing on movement being good for stress reduction, cardiovascular strength, lymph system health, etc. Obviously I'm a work in progress and having motivational buddies sounds good to me.
  • Stellaluna62
    Stellaluna62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 49 and aiming to lose to 20 or so lbs I put on after I lost the weight (I was 180 then, and am 5'4") 7 years ago. Cue the life stress, perimenopause, dark chocolate, indolence, cookies, oh-sure-I'll-never-put-it-back-ons and so on. So here I am! Am calorie counting and walking/running, which has been the best combo for me so far.

I'll be glad to be friends with you! Looking forward to meeting you :)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and always need motivation to work out! Please add me if you like.
  • hondagirl26
    hondagirl26 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi everyone. I will be 46 next Saturday and have been on MFP about two.weeks. Feel free to add me you can never have too many friends :)
  • cindyw1eye
    cindyw1eye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    40 years young, looking to feel 20 again!! (I'm there in mind, just need to be there in body too! haha), feel free to add me, I have but one lonely friend atm! Looking forward to making some great friends for motivation and support!
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have been using this app and I love it. I just updated my profile online today since I now have the internet at home. Looking to connect with women in the same age group who are also looking for motiviation.

Hi feel free to friend me, I'm 42 and back on the fitness wagon!
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    47 here! I am looking for my 20 something body............anybody seen it? LOL

I am so with her on this!!! I want my 20 year old body back too. I am 46 and I think all of our 20-something bodies went and attached themselves to other people.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    will be 48 Saturday! eeeeekkkk!!!! lol feel free to add me.... :-) I've lost about 40 lbs since last year, but just recently joined MFP.
    Gayle
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lainey!

I will be 44 this year and the encouragement I get from this site has made a big difference in my weight loss. Seeing other people's progress and hard work makes me want to work hard too! So, feel free to add me and I will give you the same support everyone has given to me.

Welcome and good luck!
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    44 and love to give and receive motivation! I'm working on losing about 50 lbs. and my head is finally in the right frame of mind to get it done!!:happy:
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Almost there. You can include me.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    45 PCOS and on low carb
    add me if you would like
    send a message also, its appreciated
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    47 here! I am looking for my 20 something body............anybody seen it? LOL

I am so with her on this!!! I want my 20 year old body back too. I am 46 and I think all of our 20-something bodies went and attached themselves to other people.

Ha! This is me too!! I FEEL like the svelt 20 year old that I was, but certainly don't LOOK the part! We can all get there though!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 41 and have been stuck on a plateau since nov gggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

would love some new friends

am married, 2 boys aged 10 and 11, a geriatric cat and a doberman

martyxxx
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am 42, with 35 or so pounds and lots of toning to go! I am on every day, log and support (esp on activity)... more buddies would be awesome. I encourage any of you to add me :)
  • lovieb1
    lovieb1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Im 42 ! I just joined this dealio.. I love it and could use motivational buds my self. I would welcome you to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • ladylemoncurd
    Options
    Hi I'm 46 and on the start of my journey too. x
  • stokesbary
    stokesbary Posts: 3
    Options
    yes! 45 and active with exercise but not as hardcore as those P90xers.......love to have some "same aged peers" to help with my weight loss goal...