Are you in your 40's looking for a motivational buddy?

Options
123457»

Replies

• strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hi im 42 and lost and gained weight all my life feel free to add me
  • Gemini570
    Gemini570 Posts: 8
    Options
    I will be 42 at the end of this month. I quit smoking six months ago, and now it's time to tackle the weight gain.
  • butterflyl
    butterflyl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my 40 something post. I had an overwhelming response! Sorry if I couldn't respond to every one of you because there are so many. I am so happy to have so many new supportive friends. Nothing like trying to lose weight when your metabolism is at an age where it slows to a crawl lol. I hope I can be as encouraging to all of you as you were to me. Thanks so much!
  • butterflyl
    Options
    40ish 50ish lol it all blends together after that Ha!
  • butterflyl
    Options
    Happy early Birthday!
  • mommy3girlygirls
    Options
    47 here willi ng to help and support! Need all the help I can get!
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    just joined a couple days ago so I would love some buddies also.:happy:
  • S_Folds
    S_Folds Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46 and just getting started. I've lost the same 10 pounds it seems a hundred times! It's time to get real and push beyond the first 10-15 pounds! Would love to be and have motivational buddies!!!! Thanks!!!
  • backtohsweight
    Options
    I am 45 and struggling to get fit. I have never had an issue with weight gain before so this is quite frustrating for me. I would like to lose about 15-20 pounds and working out is not doing it. I guess I need to be watching every single bite I take although I don't really eat a lot. Any help, motivation, friends I can find who are in the same boat - would be great! Looking forward to losing it with all of you!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well! I promise to support but to kick your butt when you need it :wink:

I've been struggling with 30 extra lbs for years now despite being active. It's been so frustrating but I've made some big changes over the past few weeks and am seeing movement on the scale for the first time in years. I am determined to keep going and get in even better shape than I was 20 years ago.
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Another 47 yo here! Isn't it funny how we'd like to have our 20 yo body back?!? I know I didn't appreciate weighing less than 130 back then.

Always looking for supporting and encouraging friends....feel free to add me.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I'm 44! Happily married female w/ no kids. I work Mon-Friday and sit most of the day. I'm fairly good at planning ahead for my meals. I need to improve at changing my addiction from food to exercise! It's been a lifelong struggle for me. I'm so ready to make lifestyle changes to keep it off this time!!

I'm ready to add a few friends! I know we can encourage each other!! It's about learning how to eat right, make cood choices, and learn how to overcome the obstacles that life throws at us. Once we learn to maneuver around and through them, we will be able to keep it off!!!

You can do this!! (me too!)
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 at the end of this month. I quit smoking six months ago, and now it's time to tackle the weight gain.

Good for you for taking care of yourself- quitting smoking!!
  • bobnstuf
    bobnstuf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    48 and struggling for what seems like a lifetime. Always been too embarrased to admit I need help and support, always been too macho to admit I had a problem or that my weight bothered me.
    Time to change my ways...
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm another woman in my mid 40's just joined MFP today. If anyone is looking for more motivational buddies please add me!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. Originally from LI now living in Texas. I'm currrently doing ChaLean Extreme and TurboFire. I'm married with two children. I teach elementary school. New friends are welcome.
  • lfreijo
    lfreijo Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 47, married and living in Florida. I work in IT and would love some people to be accountability partners.
  • lucillavea
    Options
    This is awesome! I'm 44 with eight children (and the post baby weight STILL showing) and a hubby who enjoys food as much as I do! Have lost 50 lbs in the last year and a half. Slow but steady. Still have another 50-80 lbs to lose. LOL. But determined to get it done... for me, my kids and my hubby. Can't nag others about being healthy if we aren't trying to do something about it ourselves, right? Happy to see so many making it happen! You can do it! Get it... one day at a time!