How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming marriage.

I met my husband in the waiting room at Discount Tire...we were both getting new tires and it was a long wait. I was trying to read the paper when he sat down next to me and started chatting away. I didn't think we had ANYTHING in common really, but he looks a little like Val Kilmer (like back in the 'Top Gun' days), so I agreed to go out with him for that reason alone...LOL! 6 years later, I can't imagine being with anyone else!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    At my Best Friends wedding (_SusieQ_) on here...He asked who the obnoxious drunk girl was.....16 years later here we are :drinker:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I met my man at a singles dance in Dec 2001, I married him July 2007. :smile:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    AOL Instant Messenger. Yeah baby.
  • gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Met in seventh grade..day I met him, I told my mom I was going to marry him. He moved away after nineth grade, we stayed in touch. He came up for my high school graduation and we have been together ever since. Known each other 34 years been married 25 years.
  • Ashley870910
    Options
    Just out of highschool, and I joined the navy. Go through bootcamp, and the day we graduated, I was sitting in a room after the ceremony, and this REALLY annoying guy was sitting next to me. He got up to go to the bathroom, and my now husband sat down. I said thank God someone else is sitting here! We started talking, and when they guy came back, my hubby gave the seat back. I was PISSED! So of course when I saw him again, I couldnt let it go. We started talking alot, and he asked me to be friends with benefits, and I said sorry I am not what you are looking for, but we can still be friends. He says he was intrigued, so he pursued me for more. That was 7 years ago, and we have been married for 6!!
  • fishbaitkait
    fishbaitkait Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We met snowmobiling. :) I crashed going 40 mph and he stopped to see if I was okay (I was) and the rest is history.
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It was Calculus III, I was out spoken, set next to her. Asked all the homework question for her to the Professor. Worked for me, he actually thought I was doing my homework. Almost 13 years of marriage. And no, calculus is not dinner time talk. Not sure either of us could solve a problem for volume of revolution now.
  • dwhitmoyer
    dwhitmoyer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Parents without Partners dance. I walked in and there he was at the front door checking people in. One look was all it took. 26 years and counting.
  • lyricalLies13
    lyricalLies13 Posts: 151
    Options
    This is actually kind of funny, me and my boyfriend of 2.5 years met online. I was friend with this guy who lived in S. Korea and he told me about a website thats kind of like a facebook but its for asian guys and white girls only. (I'm into asian guys lol) So anyways I was bored one night and I went on there and made my account and within 30-45 minutes I had a message from my now boyfriend. We've been talking everyday since then (3 years ago yesterday) and I fell for him in just a few weeks. The funny part is the name of the website...it was called (because I think its shut down now) WhiteOnRice. LMAO
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    We used to work together (:
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    BLIND DATE! and we clicked right away!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Taking notes :wink: :flowerforyou:

I have a couple of stories, but neither worked out in the long term....I'll wait until I can write a proper HWM story (pull up a chair, this may take a while)...meanwhile I'll be over here working on my cat collection :sad:
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    In law school at University! I was 1st year and he was doing a master law degree. We're together for over 3 years now.
  • BrownEyedDiva
    Options
    Blind date...41 years ago! :love:

Awh!!!
  • BenFerguson
    BenFerguson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the bathroom line at a local bar.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in a country bar in 2005. 6 weeks later, I deployed to Iraq. About 3 months later, I came home on R&R and we got married. I went back after two weeks of bliss. At the end of my yearlong deployment, I came home. 30 days later, HE left for Iraq. The next day I found out we were having a baby. When he came home for R&R, our first son was three weeks old. He went back and finished his tour, then came home to us when our son was 6 months old. We had a year together before his second (our third) deployment. That's the story.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    I met my husband when I had a summer job as a 4-H camp counselor, working a different camp every week. He attended one of those camps when he was younger and he stopped by to visit his little sister. I asked him if he had a visitor's pass and he thought that was my way of hitting on him lol. We sat and talked all evening and into the night, after the kids went to bed. He left after that and never asked for my number, so I thought either he wasn't into me or he had a girlfriend. The next morning, I asked his sister if he was single and she told me he was. The next week, he found me on Facebook and got my number that way. We went on our first date on my week off from camps and the rest is history! :)
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    She was my high school Engish teacher.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Met the hubby on Yahoo back in 2003- I seriously wasn't into him because I just turned 21 and he was 19. What was I gonna do with with a teenager? Lol! We're about to celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary in July.