My calories are too low...see my diary.

Options

Replies

• xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the good support, you ladies have great snack and meal ideas for me.

As I posted before...I fixed my chicken...l entered it wrong..get a life besides giving someone crap. Why don't you help out for once instead of talking crap.

Haters, get away hahaha. I don't need your negative attitudes.

If you don't have any yummy foods to contribute, I don't want you here. I'm adding more to my diet, I just wanted some ideas of what MFP people do :)

Haters!? Please....silly little girl. You posted this bull$hiittt..on an OPEN forum.....I'll contribute whatever the "F-Bomb" I please....

Don't like it!?

Tuffnutz:-/

Seriously.. just eat more.. food is good. People have ripped me apart on these forums and they will to you too. Just be teflon and let it slide right off. So yeah, tough nuts... why not go eat some now? They're a great protein packed calorie dense snack!

LOL :) I am eating roasted peanuts right now, and let me tell you they are deeeelicious! :) Thanks for your support. I laughed at her a lot cause she's so "mature"

I have added more food, and I'm enjoying it as we speak!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You can also just make simple changes to your food going forward. Instead of eating 1 taco for dinner, just eat 2.

If you know you're not getting enough calories then add more sides to your meals - include salads with olive oil dressing and cheese, side of black beans or pasta or rice.

And FYI, people weren't rude pointing out that you miscalculated your chicken - they were being helpful because miscalculating does happen on this site a fair amount.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Thank you for all of the good support, you ladies have great snack and meal ideas for me.

As I posted before...I fixed my chicken...l entered it wrong..get a life besides giving someone crap. Why don't you help out for once instead of talking crap.

If you don't have any yummy foods to contribute, I don't want you here. I'm adding more to my diet, I just wanted some ideas of what MFP people do :)

Haters!? Please....silly little girl. You posted this bull$hiittt..on an OPEN forum.....I'll contribute whatever the "F-Bomb" I please....

Don't like it!?

Seriously.. just eat more.. food is good. People have ripped me apart on these forums and they will to you too. Just be teflon and let it slide right off. So yeah, tough nuts... why not go eat some now? They're a great protein packed calorie dense snack!

LOL :) I am eating roasted peanuts right now, and let me tell you they are deeeelicious! :) Thanks for your support. I laughed at her a lot cause she's so "mature"

See. Told you nuts are always the answer. That's why there's a Nobel prize for nuts.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    There are tons of rude people and jerks on MFP but there's also lots of nice and helpful people too. Just ignore the rude ones! You posted on here for help because you recognized you aren't eating enough calories and the unconstructive, rude criticism is just ridiculous. Fine tuning your diet and caloric intake can work, especially if you are making big changes.

I have had trouble meeting my calories in the past too (especially just starting out when I was trying to learn what was healthy and trying to avoid anything that was ipotentially "bad" or higher in calories. Also healthier food just fills me up more). But I've started doing what some of the other posters suggested- switching to a higher fat milk, eating more avocados and nuts (and peanut butter!). There are still plenty of times at the end of the day that I have 500+ calories to eat (and I don't want to splurge on ice cream or something on a regular basis to meet them so I start hunting for other stuff to meet the need and plan better). Since I've upped my calories this last week the scale finally budged again.

While some people recognize bull'$hitt, and call it......ME.......others sit by and play in it.
    I'm not here to kiss *kitten* and be everyone's favorite. If I see someone choking the forum with bull$hitt they should be able to figure out themselves.....I'm speaking my mind....and I don't really give two ****z and a HOORAH what you think!!

I speak my mind too but I also believe in using tact and maturity. I was raised to treat others the way I'd want to be treated and I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of person to bully someone I don't agree with, especially when they are just asking for help.
  • zaithyr
    Options

Don't like it!?

Funny you mentioned that- I just read this article on nuts http://www.drbriffa.com/2008/10/06/why-the-evidence-on-nuts-and-weight-makes-a-mockery-of-the-calorie-principle/
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yes you are eating too little calories. I don't know your stats but 1200 calories is NOT enough for anyone. You should never be eating below your BMR. And if you exercise, you should be eating those calories back as well. check out this website to figure the amount of calories you need to eat. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

It will fall somewhere between your BMR and your TDEE. Usually about 15% below your TDEE. I was on a plateau for almost a month eating 1270 calories a day. I started eating more last week and am already down a pound. It sounds really weird and scary to eat MORE to lose but it works. Some people may see a slight gain at first until their body realizes it is no longer starving and will start letting go of that fat.

Just add in protien shakes or bars, nuts, fruit, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and string cheese for snacks and you can get your calories up. It just takes a little work but it's not that difficult to do. Mind over matter sweetie.
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options

Don't like it!?

Mature..definitely!!!

Here's IMMATURE:

heehee..I'm not eating enough..heehee..go look at my diary heehee

Seriously....you're like a damn child waiting to be told what to do next. You're silly!!!!

Grow yourself a damn brain, and figure it out yourself.

Here's some simple math for you: I'm not eating enough + I KNOW I'm not eating
    enough= EAT!

Well I can tell you there are 2 people who already reported you for being way to immature, and bullying.

So you can grow up.

I did not sound like that anyways....
  • zaithyr
    Options
    There are tons of rude people and jerks on MFP but there's also lots of nice and helpful people too. Just ignore the rude ones! You posted on here for help because you recognized you aren't eating enough calories and the unconstructive, rude criticism is just ridiculous. Fine tuning your diet and caloric intake can work, especially if you are making big changes.

I have had trouble meeting my calories in the past too (especially just starting out when I was trying to learn what was healthy and trying to avoid anything that was ipotentially "bad" or higher in calories. Also healthier food just fills me up more). But I've started doing what some of the other posters suggested- switching to a higher fat milk, eating more avocados and nuts (and peanut butter!). There are still plenty of times at the end of the day that I have 500+ calories to eat (and I don't want to splurge on ice cream or something on a regular basis to meet them so I start hunting for other stuff to meet the need and plan better). Since I've upped my calories this last week the scale finally budged again.

While some people recognize bull'$hitt, and call it......ME.......others sit by and play in it.
    I'm not here to kiss *kitten* and be everyone's favorite. If I see someone choking the forum with bull$hitt they should be able to figure out themselves.....I'm speaking my mind....and I don't really give two ****z and a HOORAH what you think!!

I speak my mind too but I also believe in using tact and maturity. I was raised to treat others the way I'd want to be treated and I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of person to
    bully someone I don't agree with, especially when they are just asking for help.

Awww, isn't that special!!

And I was raised to kick *kitten* and take names.......so, you were sayin??

Obviously you have a very fiery personality and a temper, which isn't always a bad thing. I'm short tempered but I take it out in a workout so I don't let it boil over and end up taking it out on other people.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Where are your whole grains?
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    No where :( Good point....ahhh
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    There are tons of rude people and jerks on MFP but there's also lots of nice and helpful people too. Just ignore the rude ones! You posted on here for help because you recognized you aren't eating enough calories and the unconstructive, rude criticism is just ridiculous. Fine tuning your diet and caloric intake can work, especially mif you are making big changes.

I speak my mind too but I also believe in using tact and maturity. I was raised to treat others the way I'd want to be treated and I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of person to
    bully someone I don't agree with, especially when they are just asking for help.

Obviously you have a very fiery personality and a temper, which isn't always a bad thing. I'm short tempered but I take it out in a workout so I don't let it boil over and
    end up taking it out on other people.

This is true..and I definitely take it out on my workouts..usually. HOWEVER, she was kinda joking about how little she eats...making a mockery of REAL people with REAL ED. I think what set me off was the fact that she knows she eats too little...laughed about it..and waited for people to TELL her what to eat.......DUH!?

And u kinda edged me on even further with the name calling. I mean seriously, I was ripe and ready to go knuckle up with you. Luckily though, Nutella saved your hiney.
    The stuff is delicious...and takes me back to my happy place. Next time you're at the market, and you see a jar of Nutella.....say "Thanks!"
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There are tons of rude people and jerks on MFP but there's also lots of nice and helpful people too. Just ignore the rude ones! You posted on here for help because you recognized you aren't eating enough calories and the unconstructive, rude criticism is just ridiculous. Fine tuning your diet and caloric intake can work, especially mif you are making big changes.

Obviously you have a very fiery personality and a temper, which isn't always a bad thing. I'm short tempered but I take it out in a workout so I don't let it boil over and

This is true..and I definitely take it out on my workouts..usually. HOWEVER, she was kinda joking about how little she eats...making a mockery of REAL people with REAL ED. I think what set me off was the fact that she knows she eats too little...laughed about it..and waited for people to TELL her what to eat.......DUH!?

And u kinda edged me on even further with the name calling. I mean seriously, I was ripe and ready to go knuckle up with you. Luckily though, Nutella saved your hiney.
    The stuff is delicious...and takes me back to my happy place. Next time you're at the market, and you see a jar of Nutella.....say "Thanks!"

I'm going to have to agree with you here. I find on this site you find more people glorifying ED than those that actually in all reality have them. It's pretty sad actually. And definitely attention seeking. Which in itself is a whole different/dangerous problem.
  • NU2U
    Options

Don't like it!?

Mature..definitely!!!

Here's IMMATURE:

heehee..I'm not eating enough..heehee..go look at my diary heehee

Seriously....you're like a damn child waiting to be told what to do next. You're silly!!!!

Grow yourself a damn brain, and figure it out yourself.

Here's some simple math for you: I'm not eating enough + I KNOW I'm not eating
    enough= EAT!

Well I can tell you there are 2 people who already reported you for being way to immature, and bullying.

So you can grow up.

I did not sound like that anyways....

Just 1 minute in the ring, oh Fairy Godmother!?!
  • zaithyr
    Options

Awe dangit! I was hoping to score a few days in the hospital to get out of washing dishes! :ohwell:
  • zaithyr
    Options

I'm going to have to agree with you here. I find on this site you find more people glorifying ED than those that actually in all reality have them. It's pretty sad actually. And definitely attention seeking. Which in itself is a whole different/dangerous problem.

I have seen a lot of people glorify bad habits and ED on here and it bugs me too. In this instance though she recognized her calories were too low and she was looking for suggestions on how to adjust her diet to bump it up. I don't think she meant to mock or glorify EDs. What bugs me is people who think that eating only several hundred calories is totally fine and they try to justify it and blow off the science that shows why it's dangerous (or worse- encourage others to drop their calories dangerously low). Unfortunately with this being a public site it's inevitable to see it pop up.
  • NU2U
    Options

Awe dangit! I was hoping to score a few days in the hospital to get out of washing
    dishes! :ohwell:

Dangit..you just made me laugh..that was funny..I liked that!!!!! Nawww, you're cool :-)
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    I'd like to clarify that I have a past of an ED, and I have seen people here glorifying ED's. I keep seeing this annoying girl who says
    "OMG, I had to eat a banana today and it was f-ing torture"

That honestly is not me at all.

I'm honestly sorry if I came off that way, but that's not me at all. I used to have that problem, but I've worked way too damn hard to get past that. I DO enjoy food, I really love eating. Some days I just have lower cal days than others...which I would say is pretty normal.

I'm sorry if I pissed you off, NU2U but I didn't mean to sound like some naive girl with an ED trying to post it for the world to see...

I respect those who seek recovery, I'd never promote that, or support it what so ever!
  • NU2U
    Options
    I'd like to clarify that I have a past of an ED, and I have seen people here glorifying ED's. I keep seeing this annoying girl who says

K
    I'm honestly sorry if I came off that way, but that's not me at all. I used to have that problem, but I've worked way too damn hard to get past that. I DO enjoy food, I really love eating. Some days I just have lower cal days than others...which I would say is pretty normal.

I'm sorry if I pissed you off, NU2U but I didn't mean to sound like some dumb 13 year old anorexic or anything.

I respect those who seek recovery, I'd never promote that, or support it what so ever!

Dammgummit!!! Now why'd you have to go and make me say "awwwwww".

I sawwwwy!! But oooouuwweeee, you had me ready to man up..and I'm a LADY!!
    But, like I said...I have nutella in my tummy now..I'm all "Laura Ingals" now..lol
  • AndMee
    AndMee Posts: 23
    Options
    It is unfortunate you got ragged on for a simple solution on how to up your calories for your day. I commend you on recognizing you needed to up them. Shakes are a good place to start because you can adjust your shakes to meet your caloric needs for the day. My shakes range from 155 calories to over 350 calories. If you want to add grains, quinoa is a good grain, it's kind of tasteless on its own but adding a chicken bullion cube to the water (it's cooked like rice) not only adds flavor but calories too. Wild rice is not as tasty as white rice (my opinion) but it is healthier, however what I have found, no matter the grain (quinoa, white rice, wild rice) the calories are all about the same per serving size.

Have fun with your food and experiment, if you go over your calories by a few a hundred one day it's okay, and if you are below, add the nuts, PB, bananas, avocados, or even a shake. This site is not just for weight loss of one, it is suppose to be a community to support all.

Good luck you and everyone else in their food adventures.
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options

K

I'm sorry if I pissed you off, NU2U but I didn't mean to sound like some dumb 13 year old anorexic or anything.

Dammgummit!!! Now why'd you have to go and make me say "awwwwww".

I sawwwwy!! But oooouuwweeee, you had me ready to man up..and I'm a LADY!!
    But, like I said...I have nutella in my tummy now..I'm all "Laura Ingals" now..lol

I freaking LOVE Nutella :) I need to go buy some!